• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

Concerning the sweepstakes, for those of us there on Friday, we don't have to text anything right? We would just find out if we won while going through the turnstiles?

OMG these are SO CUTE!!!! I wish they were selling some like this! Great job!!!!

Wow! Excellent job!!!! Those are great!
Thanks! :goodvibes They actually weren't that hard to make. I got a cheap pair off ebay, got some glitter, silver paint and felt and glued it on. The hardest part was figuring out what I wanted to put on the head part, but overall I think less than 2 hours.

Just double checking: the lockers inside DL will be open at 4:00am or will they wait until 6:00am to open them?

I continue to bow down at your precision glitter work. That's not easy!!
Thanks! The glitter wasn't too too bad, I printed out the image on cardstock and cut it out w/ an exacto knife and did it that way. However, I will have blue glitter all over me this weekend! :rotfl:No matter how many times I tap the ears more fall off.

I was wondering how you made that so precise!

The 4 am development has forced me to bring a larger backpack, as I don't want to count on having a locker available when I show up.

Did anyone visit DL yesterday or today? I found it totally packed in the streets but checking waitlines, they didn't seem to be overly long (BTMRR 45mins, Space 55...). I was just wondering if anyone knows how this would compare to Friday? I am not so much concerned about the wait but getting around was a nightmare! I don't wanna count the bruises I got from people pushing strollers into my legs. Never happened to me at WDW.

Aaaaanyways. The stage Live with whatever used is still up and according to a CM won't be taken down. It's sitting in front of the train station at the end of Main Street. In the hub they set up another stage and - and this I find to be rather disturbing - tables for about 20 radio stations that will broadcast live from DL in Friday. The whole inside of the hub where the statue is will be blocked of (as I've been told) meaning you won't be able to watch parade or fireworks from there. Parade viewing will only be available from the outer sidewalks in the hub.

Right now I am not so sure what to think of all this. Getting around was a nightmare (in my eyes) already today and yesterday and seeing that they'll attract much more people Friday yet are limiting the space available seems a bit... Off.

It will be packed. I have been when radio and tv have taken up the hub. Disney does its best to control traffic, but it still gets crowded. My best advice would be to avoid the hub area and take the back walkways, though quite honestly those will be packed, too. Lines for rides will also be longer depending on time of day. What I have monitored of wait times this week from my various apps don't seem too different than a regular weekend. I expect Friday will be far worse.

I was at the parks yesterday and the crowds weren't too bad. It was busy at the usual choke points.
I too saw that the center statue area was blocked off as was the flag pole center.
It's making me rethink how early to claim a spot for the parade/fireworks as a lot of extra space is now gone.

Well, after the crowds today (which were at 75% around 1 pm according to mouse wait), I think I may end up skipping the 24 hour day. We may end up dropping in, but I'm canceling my reservations and not banking on being there. It's a bit sad, but there is no way I can handle the crowds with a 14 month old in a stroller!

I just finished packing to take off after work tomorrow! I've finalized all my reservations, just still holding on to two Blue Bayou reservations because we can't decide what time to go...either way, very excited and work is going to draaaag tomorrow, haha

Cross post with the Dining Thread and not 24-hour event specific....The 60th Anniversary treats are beginning to show up! The Candy Palace and Pooh's Corner had cake pops, caramel apples, and rice crispie treats.
Rice Crispie Treat (Minnie)
DSC_0074_zpsvtaneyc4.jpg

Rice Crispie Treat (Mickey)
DSC_0072_zpsukhe4lry.jpg

Cake Pop (Mickey and Minnie)
DSC_0066_zpsghzcwn4h.jpg

Cake Pop (60th Logo)
DSC_0064_zpsbcuvjkcw.jpg

Caramel Apples (Mickey and Minnie)
DSC_0070_zpsud4bed2i.jpg

We're supposed to leave early tomorrow morning for our much anticipated long weekend and I have the flu. :-( DH got it a couple days ago, but now it's my turn. I'm super bummed! I don't want to cancel, but being sick is no fun. If we do have to cancel, we will probably try for a long weekend over Father's day. I was just really looking forward to the 24 hour party, even if we weren't going to be there the whole 24 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter