Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

DLandgirlie

Mouseketeer
" Thomas Smith told you earlier this morning about the upcoming 24-hour event to kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort, and I’m excited to follow up and let you know that we’re kicking off summer and launching the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration with a 24-hour event of our own, May 22-23!

The all-day/all-night celebration will begin at 6 a.m. on Friday, May 22 and will conclude 24 hours later at 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 23. The event will include dancing and special character encounters at locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, along with enchanting Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration décor throughout the resort and, of course, the shows and attractions that our guests love.

Here’s a look at what is coming when the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins May 22:

• “Paint the Night” Parade – After dark, along the Disneyland park parade route, 24-hour event guests will be among the first to see the new “Paint the Night” parade, showcasing beloved Disney characters in dazzling parade scenes illuminated with more than 1.5 million individually controlled lights – the first all-LED parade in Disneyland Resort history.
  • “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks - Disneyland park itself plays a starring role in the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular, also premiering during the 24-hour event. Breathtaking fireworks shows have long been a Disneyland Resort tradition and “Disneyland Forever” soars to new levels, immersing guests from the tips of their toes to the brilliant pyrotechnic bursts above, thanks to special effects that turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn and the facade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projection screens filled with color, characters and surprises.
  • “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will be the hosts of the all-new “World of Color” show, premiering May 22 during the 24-hour event. “World of Color – Celebrate!” illuminates the night in a fun-filled and inspirational journey exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park.
We’ll be sharing more details as the 24-hour event draws closer, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog! "

Source

How exciting! Contemplating on attending or not...at least I have a little time to decide

eta:
Disclaimer: This information is taken strictly from the Disney Parks Blog. I added quotations (as per @figment_jii request) to emphasize I do not own/ nor am I the original creator of the above information. :flower:

Last edited:
We were already going to be at DLR that weekend, so it is exciting that they picked those days. We are going to have a blast!

So, was anyone there for the last event? It looks like we are going to be (made the hotel reservations long ago). How crazy can we expect it to be? That will be our last day there, and we have a tiny tot. I just need to be prepared!

I'd like to see the new evening parade and fireworks. Do you think it will be at capacity?

So, was anyone there for the last event? It looks like we are going to be (made the hotel reservations long ago). How crazy can we expect it to be? That will be our last day there, and we have a tiny tot. I just need to be prepared!

I'd like to see the new evening parade and fireworks. Do you think it will be at capacity?
I've never attended and have been reading about previous 24hr events! I hope others can give a few details about it. If I did attend, I would most likely be there for opening, take a mid day break and come back for the parade/fireworks.

Also, thanks to those who understand why I posted this thread.

If you find any good threads about after the last 24-hour event, could you share links to them (I'm not great with searching on the new site, I seem to keep getting site-wide searches instead of just this board)? I'd like to read about how it was. I remember that the first 24-hour event was crazy, but I don't remember reading threads about last year's event (which I think this event would be more similar to).

Something tells me that if we leave the park for a rest, we may not be able to get back in! I don't want to miss the evening stuff, but like you we have a youngster (5YO) so not entirely sure how he'll last the day/night!

Hey even for an adult, 24 hours straight may lead to a mini meltdown. Or should I say a Minnie meltdown. Lol
It is very possible that Disneyland, maybe California Adventure as well, will reach capacity by if not before midnight. So one might or might not be able to enter or re enter before the new day begins.
I have not attended one of these events as of yet. Based on what I have learned first hand or otherwise, is what my post is based upon.

:yay: We are going to be there! Will the lines be crazy at that early hour? I know I can't do the full 24 hours, DH said he'll go back with our 5 year old, but the teenagers and I will go as long as we can stand it!

I would love to attend, but my fear is keeping me away.... I may try to go in at 4 AM, had anyone gone in at the tail end of the event?

It is very possible that Disneyland, maybe California Adventure as well, will reach capacity by if not before midnight. So one might or might not be able to enter or re enter before the new day begins.
Just to clarify, the operating day for DL/DCA begins at 6:00 am on Friday (5/22) and ends at 6:00 am on Saturday (5/23). In terms of the APs, as long as your AP is valid on 5/22 (Friday), you can enter the parks at any point during the 24-hour event (even after midnight because midnight to 6:00 am is considered part of the operating day that started on Friday). Now if the parks reach capacity, then entry or re-entry is subject to limitations based on what closure stage they reach. I would suspect if capacity closures happen, it's going to be concentrated around the time when the new shows debut (so late evening).

Something tells me that if we leave the park for a rest, we may not be able to get back in! I don't want to miss the evening stuff, but like you we have a youngster (5YO) so not entirely sure how he'll last the day/night!

It is called a stroller. :)

The 24 hour event is like a Marathon. If you stay all night your feet/back are going to be hurting and you will be exhausted. The lines/crowds will be brutal at times. But you only live once so if its something you want to do you should go for it. I want to go and I don't want to go at the same time!!

Yeah I guess so! My son hasn't used one since he was about 2, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures!

Lol. ;) Exactly. I say, why stop there? Equal time man for adults too. Bring a larger stroller type buggy fit for an adult. And take turns with another adult in your party pushing you about, as needed or wanted. For the right price, you may hire me as your personal assistant/pusher of buggy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter