DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I attended EMM this morning, 01/21. My timeline if it helps anyone. It was just me solo but I dont think it would be much of a time difference unless you have a large group:

Left POFQ at 6:49 by bus
Arrived HS at 7:03
Through security, wrist band line, ticketing line and in line in front of Chinese Theater to enter Toy story land at 7:14.
CMs walking us to Toy Story Land 7:19
In line for SDD 7:24
Off SDD ride #1 7:30
Off SDD ride #2 7:38
Off SDD ride #3 7:51
On ASM 7:53
Off ASM ride #1 7:57
Stopped for photopass by ASM
On TSM 7:59
Off TSM ride #1 8:10
On SDD 8:13
Off SDD ride #4 8:21
Off SDD ride #5 8:27
Off SDD ride #6 8:36
Left to beat the mad rush into TSL and everyone leaving for breakfast.

Breakfast:
Had the chicken and donuts, charcuterie, and shrimp and grits. I thought all were very good.

Meet and greets:
Buzz is meeting just outside of TSL. Thought he wasnt meeting today because I couldn't see him from inside the land. I think this may already be known but just in case someone didn't know like me.

Woody and Jesse had about 20 people in line everytime I saw them.

EMM Toy Story Land worth it? Yes!
How fun! I like that you got to sample different breakfast items. I have a few items I would like to try as well.

I attended EMM this morning, 01/21. My timeline if it helps anyone. It was just me solo but I dont think it would be much of a time difference unless you have a large group:

Left POFQ at 6:49 by bus
Arrived HS at 7:03
Through security, wrist band line, ticketing line and in line in front of Chinese Theater to enter Toy story land at 7:14.
CMs walking us to Toy Story Land 7:19
In line for SDD 7:24
Off SDD ride #1 7:30
Off SDD ride #2 7:38
Off SDD ride #3 7:51
On ASM 7:53
Off ASM ride #1 7:57
Stopped for photopass by ASM
On TSM 7:59
Off TSM ride #1 8:10
On SDD 8:13
Off SDD ride #4 8:21
Off SDD ride #5 8:27
Off SDD ride #6 8:36
Left to beat the mad rush into TSL and everyone leaving for breakfast.

Breakfast:
Had the chicken and donuts, charcuterie, and shrimp and grits. I thought all were very good.

Meet and greets:
Buzz is meeting just outside of TSL. Thought he wasnt meeting today because I couldn't see him from inside the land. I think this may already be known but just in case someone didn't know like me.

Woody and Jesse had about 20 people in line everytime I saw them.

EMM Toy Story Land worth it? Yes!
Thanks for that. Good to know if we miss the earlier bus that we can still make it even if leaving as late as 6:50. I’ll still aim for 6:30.

He’ll have to wait. I’ll be on a scooter ;). Hopefully the extra load time will mean a few extra people can make it on board if they’re cutting it close. :)

When did they open the second set of time slots for the March dates, did anyone notice? We’re going March 6, and when I checked a month ago it was still just 7:30 but now I see both times listed. No spaces open for either one, so I guess they sold out fast when they did open up! I figured the crowds expected that week would mean they’d need to open a second time slot, I just hadn’t noticed it actually happen.

(I know it doesn’t matter much, but I saw someone post upthread looking for tickets for our date and I thought “oh, I’ll tell them to keep an eye out in case the second time opens up!” And then I checked and realized that wasn’t helpful after all. Unless they’re a very very new addition and haven’t become bookable yet?)

My husband went on line to order Mears a week out but other times he just called the main number or talked to the valet folks outside of the hotel to get a Van that takes a scooter. We went with Mears because there were 6 of us and a scooter and the minivan can't hold that many. We have used both many times and have never had a problem with either!

What is the cancellation? 2 days? Is it midnight, do you think?
I ask because we are doing DAH March 16th, and have EMM scheduled for the 18th. If DD17 and her BFF17 feel they get enough accomplished, they are skipping the EMM, but they are hoping to see how DAH goes first.
Wondering if we can chance it. :scratchin

Do you think they will add Friday dates back in for July? The website still says Friday but it doesn't seem like any have been opened in 2019

Thanks so much for this info. I'm anxiously hoping to come across 3 tickets for the March 6th EMM that appears sold out at this point. After many attempts daily of checking availability, so far i was able to purchase just 1 ticket. Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time trying - am i correct in thinking that if anyone cancels their ticket between now and March 6th, then those tickets will pop up on the webpage as available? I'm thinking I have a better chance of finding them one at a time rather than all 3. Here's to hoping!

Just noticed that nobody has responded to this yet, and didn’t want to leave you hanging :).

Yes, any cancellations would show up on the site in real-time. Good luck!

We are going to try to do less early mornings this September and take things more easy, but if there is HS EMM offered while we are there, I will be very tempted! We really liked MK EMM last year.

Do you think they will add Friday dates back in for July? The website still says Friday but it doesn't seem like any have been opened in 2019

I don't know, hard to say. Haven't seen any yet in 2019 - not sure if that was just something added to the very busy fall/holiday season, or if we may see it again. If we don't see Fridays added through March spring break season, my guess is it's a long shot for July. TBD of course!

What is the cancellation? 2 days? Is it midnight, do you think?
I ask because we are doing DAH March 16th, and have EMM scheduled for the 18th. If DD17 and her BFF17 feel they get enough accomplished, they are skipping the EMM, but they are hoping to see how DAH goes first.
Wondering if we can chance it. :scratchin

It's the same as an ADR - 1 day.

We were also there yesterday morning. We were the only two on Alien for the 1st ride and then we stayed on to ride again. Meet Woody and Jesse, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash 4 times, then meet Buzz on the way out. We then went to Rockin and was back off the ride 14 minutes after we got in line. I count that in as part of the advantage of doing EMM. I think it was worth every penny. It was a great morning for us!

Quick report from yesterday (Monday, 1/21).

It was COLD -- 37 degrees. I was initially afraid that the cold would ruin the event for us. But (1) it was sunny, (2) there was no wind, and (3) we were prepared for it and were dressed accordingly. So it didn't actually bother us at all.

Arrived at DHS around 7:10. No problem getting into the park. Went straight to the line for Toy Story Land. Around 7:17, we were walked back into the land. Walked to SDD and rode with virtually no wait.

By the end, we had done SDD (x4), AS2 (x1), and TSM (x4). Never really waited more than a couple of minutes for anything. When we exited TSM the last time, the rope drop crowd had descended and the line for SDD was already 85 minutes. Walked over to Star Tours and rode it twice with zero wait.

Then went over to ABC Commissary around 9:20 for breakfast. The Mexican bowl thing was tasty --- kind of like tortilla soup, but with eggs instead of the soup. The other items didn't impress much. Overall, we thought it probably would be better for them just to provide the standard Disney breakfast buffet. But it was totally fine, and nice to try something different.

Overall, this was totally worth it. We would definitely do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter