DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We are also going that day from the Poly! Hoping we’ll get an early bus!!

Yes hoping. See you there.

I can’t speak for Poly, but we had no issues with the bus from POFQ taking us to EMM. I was worried too but it showed up!

Thanks. I am a worry wart. I obsessively worry about everything. If I did Mears, I’d worry about them showing up.

FWIW, here was a screen shot of the bus times from Poly in the app on 12/31/2018 at 6:09AM. I opted to cab on this particular morning, but the bus would have been an option too. Of course, YMMV!

View attachment 375814

Thank you! That is super helpful.

Help me plan my RD!!

We plan to bug out of TSL and RD ToT. Will we have time for RnRC also before heading back to ABC for breakfast? What if I got a 9:15 RnRC FP so we don't have to wait in SB? Or better to RD ToT, do breakfast, and get RnRC FPP a little later (there's a 10:05 and 10:55)?

Is there a benefit to taking Mears vs Uber or Lyft?
I think people are just worried about buses being a no show or terrible late. Of the ones who’ve taken buses the overall reports have been good.

We’re taking a bus from POFQ in Feb because I have a scooter and Uber/lyft/Mears isn’t really a viable option. All bus time reports from FQ have been good (fingers crossed)

Help me plan my RD!!

We plan to bug out of TSL and RD ToT. Will we have time for RnRC also before heading back to ABC for breakfast? What if I got a 9:15 RnRC FP so we don't have to wait in SB? Or better to RD ToT, do breakfast, and get RnRC FPP a little later (there's a 10:05 and 10:55)?
I haven't been, yet, but based upon earlier reports, this is my plan:
Leave TSL at 8:45 sharp (or a few minutes earlier)
Beeline to RnRC
Stand by ToT
Split the group up: Adult and teen DD go to ABC to order breakfast for family. Other adult take kids to sign up for JTA
Meet at ABC for food

RnRC gets a line faster than ToT, and RnRC is the shorter ride, so that is the one to do first, if you want to do both.

Those that reported in this thread trying this strategy for RnRC and ToT had all been successful.

I think people are just worried about buses being a no show or terrible late. Of the ones who’ve taken buses the overall reports have been good.

We’re taking a bus from POFQ in Feb because I have a scooter and Uber/lyft/Mears isn’t really a viable option. All bus time reports from FQ have been good (fingers crossed)
Looking for info on this, if someone in my party has a portable scooter, our only option is the bus?

Looking for info on this, if someone in my party has a portable scooter, our only option is the bus?
Minnie vans (which take scooters) don’t open until 6:30, so I think you’d be struggling to get one.

People said there were different categories of vehicles and requirements on the Mears website that you could pre-book. I haven’t investigated as I’m hopeful the bus will work for us based on reports.

I haven't been, yet, but based upon earlier reports, this is my plan:
Leave TSL at 8:45 sharp (or a few minutes earlier)
Beeline to RnRC
Stand by ToT
Split the group up: Adult and teen DD go to ABC to order breakfast for family. Other adult take kids to sign up for JTA
Meet at ABC for food

RnRC gets a line faster than ToT, and RnRC is the shorter ride, so that is the one to do first, if you want to do both.

Those that reported in this thread trying this strategy for RnRC and ToT had all been successful.

Thank you so much! That will be our plan. I have a RNRC FPP later in the day but we’d love to ride more than once.

My husband has a scooter so with Minnie Vans he calls ahead because they have a limited amount of vans that can take scooters. Mears also has vans that take scooters but same thing - you just call ahead to let them know. We went to the early opening in December and pre-ordered Mears one week out and then confirmed it. They were there about 4 mins ahead of time. During normal times we don't order ahead and never really waited long at all. But at 6:30am we did not want to take a chance so we went with Mears. We have used both to get around - Mears is cheaper though.

My husband has a scooter so with Minnie Vans he calls ahead because they have a limited amount of vans that can take scooters. Mears also has vans that take scooters but same thing - you just call ahead to let them know. We went to the early opening in December and pre-ordered Mears one week out and then confirmed it. They were there about 4 mins ahead of time. During normal times we don't order ahead and never really waited long at all. But at 6:30am we did not want to take a chance so we went with Mears. We have used both to get around - Mears is cheaper though.
Thanks. Did you call to order or book online. What specifically did you ask for?

Thanks

We would like to leave our resort by 6:30 a.m. and were counting on a Minnie Van (we need a car seat and really like their service, too). I see that we can't request a Minnie Van until 6:30 though, as mentioned by others. I researched Mears online and found many frighteningly negative reviews, so I do not want to use them. Would the resort buses be a safe bet, or would we likely get the Minnie Van before the bus came? TY!

I’ve used them several times in the past with no problems and will be using again this time ..
if you look at reviews you’d never stay in a hotel or eat at any restaurants ..I know the only time I find time to post a review is if I’m upset ..
good luck I think you’d be fine either way :)

We would like to leave our resort by 6:30 a.m. and were counting on a Minnie Van (we need a car seat and really like their service, too). I see that we can't request a Minnie Van until 6:30 though, as mentioned by others. I researched Mears online and found many frighteningly negative reviews, so I do not want to use them. Would the resort buses be a safe bet, or would we likely get the Minnie Van before the bus came? TY!

I’ve used them several times in the past with no problems and will be using again this time ..
if you look at reviews you’d never stay in a hotel or eat at any restaurants ..I know the only time I find time to post a review is if I’m upset ..
good luck I think you’d be fine either way :)

Good to know, thank you!

Granted this event has only been going on since 9/2018, but I've seen many people on this thread report scheduling their transportation with Mears and I've yet to see a negative report about their experience. I'm sure YMMV on any given day and driver, but it seems to be work reasonably well for EMM according to reports.

If I weren't using Mears, I'd have both the MDE app going to check bus times and the Lyft app open checking for Minnie Vans and make a decision on the fly based on conditions. FWIW on 12/31 I didn't see much Minnie Van availability close to Poly at the moment in time I was checking, so we opted for a cab (I know not an option for you). There was a bus at the Poly when we got in a cab, so I could have taken a bus as well.

Granted this event has only been going on since 9/2018, but I've seen many people on this thread report scheduling their transportation with Mears and I've yet to see a negative report about their experience. I'm sure YMMV on any given day and driver, but it seems to be work reasonably well for EMM according to reports.

If I weren't using Mears, I'd have both the MDE app going to check bus times and the Lyft app open checking for Minnie Vans and make a decision on the fly based on conditions. FWIW on 12/31 I didn't see much Minnie Van availability close to Poly at the moment in time I was checking, so we opted for a cab (I know not an option for you). There was a bus at the Poly when we got in a cab, so I could have taken a bus as well.

Thank you for your reply, @GADisneyDad14 . When I say overwhelmingly negative, there were countless horror story reviews. It was shocking! It's good to hear of so many good reports on this thread, though. However, I can definitely live with refreshing Minnie Van availability and bus wait times. We are staying at OKW this time and the HS bus ride is supposedly only 16 minutes, so we might actually be okay if we catch the bus at the right time... I think they run at 6:30?

Last edited:
Soooo, I just realized the new Incredibles party, Edna, and Mike/Sully MG do not open until 10am and 10:30 am right now. Seems a little crazy it doesn't open at park opening. My plan was to head to this area right after EMM in Toy Story Land before breakfast. Do you think the odds are good that they'll move up the open time by first of March? If not, I need some ideas for 9-9:30. We have Fps for ToT and Rockin. I guess we could do Star Tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter