DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Minnie vans (which take scooters) don’t open until 6:30, so I think you’d be struggling to get one.

People said there were different categories of vehicles and requirements on the Mears website that you could pre-book. I haven’t investigated as I’m hopeful the bus will work for us based on reports.
Thank you!

My husband has a scooter so with Minnie Vans he calls ahead because they have a limited amount of vans that can take scooters. Mears also has vans that take scooters but same thing - you just call ahead to let them know. We went to the early opening in December and pre-ordered Mears one week out and then confirmed it. They were there about 4 mins ahead of time. During normal times we don't order ahead and never really waited long at all. But at 6:30am we did not want to take a chance so we went with Mears. We have used both to get around - Mears is cheaper though.
Thank you! Still hoping for June dates to open. They haven’t opened May yet. Starting to worry they are discontinuing it.

Minnie vans (which take scooters) don’t open until 6:30, so I think you’d be struggling to get one.

People said there were different categories of vehicles and requirements on the Mears website that you could pre-book. I haven’t investigated as I’m hopeful the bus will work for us based on reports.
Thank you for this info!

Thank you! Still hoping for June dates to open. They haven’t opened May yet. Starting to worry they are discontinuing it.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think discontinuing is a concern. I did some checking yesterday and 14 out of 20 DHS EMM dates through the end of March are sold out right now. If you want to look at MK EMM for comparison, 0 events out of 18 are sold out covering the same time period. “Sold out” may not necessarily = success for Disney if there are other factors in play, but it certainly seems to be the hot hand right now in terms of EMM offerings.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think discontinuing is a concern. I did some checking yesterday and 14 out of 20 DHS EMM dates through the end of March are sold out right now. If you want to look at MK EMM for comparison, 0 events out of 18 are sold out covering the same time period. “Sold out” may not necessarily = success for Disney if there are other factors in play, but it certainly seems to be the hot hand right now in terms of EMM offerings.
Fingers crossed!

Thank you for everyone's reviews. We were there the 14th Everything worked perfectly. Called Uber, he was there in 5 minutes. Dropped off at the entrance and in we walked. Going down an empty main blvd empty was surreal. Christmas tree on the lake was still up and a cast member let me go over and take a picture. Then grabbed pastries and coffee and waited with maybe 20 others to be let in. Approx 7:15 we were let in. Did 3x on slinky dog, 1 tsm and both sets of characters. We chose not to do asm. Walked around the park, took pictures etc. Very leisurely.
Then around 8:45 left to head towards RnRC. to see the swarm of people waiting for rope drop was intense. We were in the first set of cars on rock n roller coaster. o pre show!

If it wasn't for these boards I wouldn't have had it all done so easily

thank you

Thanks so much for this info. I'm anxiously hoping to come across 3 tickets for the March 6th EMM that appears sold out at this point. After many attempts daily of checking availability, so far i was able to purchase just 1 ticket. Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time trying - am i correct in thinking that if anyone cancels their ticket between now and March 6th, then those tickets will pop up on the webpage as available? I'm thinking I have a better chance of finding them one at a time rather than all 3. Here's to hoping!

WooHoo. Booked my April dates today. Now hoping we don’t have to cancel because of the government shutdown!

Thank you for everyone's reviews. We were there the 14th Everything worked perfectly. Called Uber, he was there in 5 minutes. Dropped off at the entrance and in we walked. Going down an empty main blvd empty was surreal. Christmas tree on the lake was still up and a cast member let me go over and take a picture. Then grabbed pastries and coffee and waited with maybe 20 others to be let in. Approx 7:15 we were let in. Did 3x on slinky dog, 1 tsm and both sets of characters. We chose not to do asm. Walked around the park, took pictures etc. Very leisurely.
Then around 8:45 left to head towards RnRC. to see the swarm of people waiting for rope drop was intense. We were in the first set of cars on rock n roller coaster. o pre show!

If it wasn't for these boards I wouldn't have had it all done so easily

thank you
What time did you do the characters at?

I bet they let more people into the EMM magic for MK. So, it may take longer to sell out. TSL only has three rides open so, they can't sell too many tickets. I am glad they keep it small, because it is not cheap. We are doing both in March, I will update the differences when we go.

I wonder why they are a month behind on MK EMM dates.
April open for TSL but closed for MK.
Going there end of April / beginning of May and looking for April 28 for MK EMM and May 1st TSL.
Can’t book either.. I’m not worried about discontinuation, but curious about their thinking.

I wonder why they are a month behind on MK EMM dates.
April open for TSL but closed for MK.
Going there end of April / beginning of May and looking for April 28 for MK EMM and May 1st TSL.
Can’t book either.. I’m not worried about discontinuation, but curious about their thinking.
When, I booked EMM for MK it was the same way. TSL tickets were released before MK dates. I couldn't book MK for EMM until mid December for March.

Doing EMM tomorrow and the temperature is supposed to be around 38 degrees. Fortunately we have our winter coats with us.

Doing EMM tomorrow and the temperature is supposed to be around 38 degrees. Fortunately we have our winter coats with us.
We are heading in tomorrow as well. Can't believe the temp that we will have. I'm curious if the wind from riding SDD will freeze us.

Did EMM this morning. Eating breakfast now. They let us into the park around 6:50. Went to the Commissary and had some tea and coffee and pastries then went to stand in line by the Chinese theater. It was cold this morning (38 degrees) but every one was bundled up. Except some of the CM’s. They looked frozen. They let us into Toy Story Land around 7:17. Since we were near the front we went straight to SDD and was on the 3rd train. Could have been more efficient with our time but we wandered back and forth between the rides, admiring the theming everywhere. All in all we did SDD 3 times with no wait longer than 6 minutes, TSM 3 times and AS2 twice. Both those rides were walk on.

I attended EMM this morning, 01/21. My timeline if it helps anyone. It was just me solo but I dont think it would be much of a time difference unless you have a large group:

Left POFQ at 6:49 by bus
Arrived HS at 7:03
Through security, wrist band line, ticketing line and in line in front of Chinese Theater to enter Toy story land at 7:14.
CMs walking us to Toy Story Land 7:19
In line for SDD 7:24
Off SDD ride #1 7:30
Off SDD ride #2 7:38
Off SDD ride #3 7:51
On ASM 7:53
Off ASM ride #1 7:57
Stopped for photopass by ASM
On TSM 7:59
Off TSM ride #1 8:10
On SDD 8:13
Off SDD ride #4 8:21
Off SDD ride #5 8:27
Off SDD ride #6 8:36
Left to beat the mad rush into TSL and everyone leaving for breakfast.

Breakfast:
Had the chicken and donuts, charcuterie, and shrimp and grits. I thought all were very good.

Meet and greets:
Buzz is meeting just outside of TSL. Thought he wasnt meeting today because I couldn't see him from inside the land. I think this may already be known but just in case someone didn't know like me.

Woody and Jesse had about 20 people in line everytime I saw them.

EMM Toy Story Land worth it? Yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter