DFTW Memories Collection

I have another question.

Ok, so I'm looking at the new section of DFTW site, the virtual tours, etc. with a Memories wedding, obviously you don't get a reception, etc. But say we want to go to Bistro de Paris (for example) for dinner after the wedding (no wedding attire, I am aware of that) we could just book it through regular dining right? So I don't have to pay attention to food minimums, etc, correct?
If you're booking a normal ADR, there's no minimums.

I'm excited about this new option:banana:. We would love to renew our vows at WDW but an escape was above our budget. The package inclusions are just enough for what we're looking for.

How can this not include cake? Even just a tier. Seriously!

Honestly with our Escape wedding we had to throw some cake away. We had so much left over we couldn't eat it all. It was sad to pitch it out because it was so, so YUMMY, but with us only having 14 people in our group we just couldn't eat it all in our short stay. Most of our guests left on Monday and our Wedding was on Friday so we just had Saturday and Sunday to eat cake with them. LOL

I think ordering a small cake and booking an ADR somewhere for after the Wedding would make this small package complete and not add a lot of money to the final price. Also if you wanted to spurdge a bit add a wishes cruise...

Silly question,

Does this include the officiant or would that be extra?

And I assume there would also be tax on top of the $1991?

As a previous poster stated, the officiant is not included—however, s/he doesn't count toward the guest count either, which is a departure from Escape, where any officiant not on Disney's list counts as a guest!

Tax is included in the package price.

This really is making me happy:cool1: Now if someone would just hire my fiance so he can be gainfully employed again, this could become a reality:rolleyes1

I could care less about the cake really..I know some people would think it was sacrilige to not have it, but I'll miss not having champagne more than I'll miss not having a cake:laughing:

More ?, sorry-I had no idea you can wear your wedding attire @ resort restaurants until I saw it on the site:banana: What I'm hoping is Jiko for dinner:wizard: Doable?

Does this have to be booked a year in advance? (the wedding, not the dinner at Jiko, lol)

This really is making me happy:cool1: Now if someone would just hire my fiance so he can be gainfully employed again, this could become a reality:rolleyes1

I could care less about the cake really..I know some people would think it was sacrilige to not have it, but I'll miss not having champagne more than I'll miss not having a cake:laughing:

More ?, sorry-I had no idea you can wear your wedding attire @ resort restaurants until I saw it on the site:banana: What I'm hoping is Jiko for dinner:wizard: Doable?

Does this have to be booked a year in advance? (the wedding, not the dinner at Jiko, lol)
He will get hired don't worry... I know the feeling....chin up and smile you will get your DFTW...

True, and I love cake, but really we have to remember that this is WDW and EVERYTHING is overpriced. I think this is one of the few things that aren't overpriced for the service you are getting. From what I understand the couple still gets the services of a planner. When I was looking at planning our wedding at home a planner wanted 15-25% of our budget as her fee. If you factor that into the price you're getting a great deal. Even without a cake. maybe they don't offer a cake because they're not offering a cutting ceremony.

DFTWs cakes are $400 at their cheapest so I don't see how they could include one without charging more.

Now that I think about it, this is an alright deal if you compare site fees for wedding locations around Disney property. Plus you aren't stuck with the minimums if you plan your own dinner at a restaurant and you could even get a cake off property for cheaper. Of, and still afford champagne for a toast! I just wasn't thinking in Disney discount terms.:goodvibes

Cool, no one says you HAVE TO HAVE CAKE!:laughing: We should have whatever we want at our weddings...so there!:rotfl2:

I know...:lmao:...People just think I'm saying blasphemy when I tell them there will be no cake, like a PP said, I'm committing sacriledge (sp?). But there will be dessert!:wizard:

Sounds an awful lot like the original Intimate, which is what I had almost 5 years ago (time flies!). We are annual passholders and back then, if you had passes, you just booked your resort and did the Intimate ceremony as an "add on." It included the site (wedding pavilion was extra), officiant, 3 hour limo, photographer (I can't remember if it was 1 or 2 hours of photography but I think 1 hour), cake, bouquet for bride, and bout for groom. It was around $1800. We upgraded our cake, added chocolate favors, and added a rose wand for my MOH, and coursages/bouts for the mom/dads. You were allowed up to 10 people, counting the bride and groom but not counting the officiant. It was absolutely perfect for us -our perfect idea of a dream wedding! I love that they're adding this new option for future brides!

I think the missing Annual Passes are the thing I would miss most if I had chosen this option.

I think the missing Annual Passes are the thing I would miss most if I had chosen this option.

Yes, I had been thinking about this yesterday when it suddenly dawned on me. But the Memories collection is still the way to go for us, since we only wanted a small wedding anyway. Either we both have AP's anyway, or he does and I'll get MYW hoppers w/my TA discount. So it's worth it for us to pay for the AP's and have a wedding thats so much more reasonably priced for us.:flower3:

Hello,

We are interested in having a Memories Wedding, and I understand the max guest count. Well, I was reading the updated PassPorter's Disney Weddings and Honeymoons, and it states that the Luau Beach location can have 10 people max. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,
simplymel3

Oh my goodness—thank you for catching that typo! :scared1:

No, you cannot have 10 people at Luau Beach for a Memories Collection event. The max for every Memories event at any location is 6, including the couple. That wording about 10 people applies to Sunset Pointe over at the Polynesian.

Off to update the book again! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update lurkyloo.

I do have another question about this collection. Are we able to use outside photography and videography for our ceremony?

simplymel3

Ok. . .I've been lurking around the boards for a bit, but I finally registered and this is my first post. So here goes. . .

I never thought I could have a DFTW until the Memories Collection was announced. We are planning on getting married next summer (it will be the 10th anniversary together).

I am a little overwhelmed and just had a few questions.

First, how soon should I get in touch with DFTW? And do I need to have a room booked before I contact DFTW? I'm just confused with how to book and when to get "penciled in."

Also, can extra photography time be added to this package?

When I do book our stay . . . can it be a reservation with AP discounts (we are already AP holders) or does it have to be a regular price stay?

I know that's a lot, but I just trying to get a timeline and budget down.

I really hope it all works out.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter