• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DFTW Memories Collection

but it's really geared toward those couples who are looking for a quickie vow renewal somewhere on property that won't get them kicked out! :rotfl:

:laughing: Well, I might stick with Sunset Point then, I want something a little more formal than a step up from getting kicked out:rotfl2:

Any word on if they are thinking about keeping a similar option past the 20th anniversary year? My parents are talking about a VR for 2012 and that would be a much better fit for their needs, something simple.

What Joanne said! :thumbsup2 Trust me, when you find out how limited the inclusions and choices are for the new package, you'll be happy to stick with what you've got. It's great that they're offering something less elaborate than Escape, but it's really geared toward those couples who are looking for a quickie vow renewal somewhere on property that won't get them kicked out! :rotfl:

lol i like that about getting kicked out! Im set on the Wedding Pavillion and would want more than 4 guests hehe so im out. Im sure it will be a great package for VR tho.

I am really looking forward to this! I have been dreaming of a Disney Wedding since we got engaged in 2007 at WDW. Our families freaked out & all refused to go then they said they would go but only if we do Wishes & let them invite people we do not know, blah blah blah. It was like no matter what we pick everyone gets mad at us, so they are al not going to be invited. They can be mad about that instead. lol. We have been planning to elope with just the two of us, so this would be perfect! I can't wait to hear the locations! It seemed like Escape was a bit pricey for just the two of us, but we loved that all the details were covered.

I would of course love to do Escape or Wishes, but all the family drama was just too much for us, and we cant afford to go broke trying to please everyone else.

This will be a perfect option for just us two, and when I told DF about it last night, he was excited too!

I can't want for the details!!!!!!!!

Korri mentioned on Lou's podcast that it's held at three unique locations—so Memories couples will not be competing with Escape/Wishes couples for venues.

Ooh, I can't wait for details!! Carrie, are you going to be discussing this tomorrow on the Inside Disney Weddings podcast?? popcorn::

What Joanne said! :thumbsup2 Trust me, when you find out how limited the inclusions and choices are for the new package, you'll be happy to stick with what you've got. It's great that they're offering something less elaborate than Escape, but it's really geared toward those couples who are looking for a quickie vow renewal somewhere on property that won't get them kicked out! :rotfl:

Thank you Carrie. I wobbled for about an hour but I am sticking with what I've got. I know we just couldn't afford all the extras that I would want so I'm putting it out of my mind now. Will be interested to hear all about the new offer though.

Info is up on the DFTW site (hidden under the escape collection section)!

Locations are:
Conch Key Marina at GF
Narcoossees' Landing at GF
Luau Beach at Poly

Ceremonies can take place on Saturdays and Sundays only at 9am, 11am, 1pm or 3pm

$1991 includes 6 guests (including bride and groom), violinist, 3 hour limo charter, 1 hour photography with 3 prints and choice of 5 bouquet styles.

There are a few optional enhancements listed but they're limited to additional floral (bouts, bridesmaid bouquets, flower wands, corsages and a bit of decor)

To the person who was wondering if it would be extended beyond 2011...here is the info:
This Collection will be offered for 20 months and will be available to book and host beginning September 2010 through April 2012.

Silly question,

Does this include the officiant or would that be extra?

And I assume there would also be tax on top of the $1991?

To the person who was wondering if it would be extended beyond 2011...here is the info:
This Collection will be offered for 20 months and will be available to book and host beginning September 2010 through April 2012.

I wish there anniversary would be in 2015, then I know I could convince DH to do a VR. I doubt he would go for a one year, or even two year VR. :rolleyes:

Info is up on the DFTW site (hidden under the escape collection section)!

Locations are:
Conch Key Marina at GF
Narcoossees' Landing at GF
Luau Beach at Poly

Ceremonies can take place on Saturdays and Sundays only at 9am, 11am, 1pm or 3pm

$1991 includes 6 guests (including bride and groom), violinist, 3 hour limo charter, 1 hour photography with 3 prints and choice of 5 bouquet styles.

There are a few optional enhancements listed but they're limited to additional floral (bouts, bridesmaid bouquets, flower wands, corsages and a bit of decor)

Thank you so much for pointing this out! This turned my whole day around! Earlier I didn't thoroughly check their website, I followed the link that DFTW had in on their FB page for the virtual sites, etc, and didn't see Poly mentioned. I spent the morning in tears thinking I'd been dreaming of getting married there since I day I met fiance, but now I couldn't marry there:sad1:

Now that the Luau Beach is part of the $1991, I am so excited:woohoo: the 4 people (besides us) will work! Now we'll have enough money for a really nice dinner afterwards, etc.

Thank you!

ETA: So am I safe in assuming other than the $1991 for 20 months, no weddings at the Poly? In other words if someone wants to get married @ Poly say end of '12, no can do?

I think it's a great deal! It allows those couples who could never DREAM of a DFTW, actually make it a reality. it's amazing! Cake or no cake, lol.

Oh, I didn't even think of the cake:rotfl: I knew something was missing:rotfl2: Well, with the money we'll be saving on the ceremony itself, we'll order a cake, lol.

So Sunset Pointe is still an option w/Escape weddings then. Good to know, but I'm so happy w/this $1991 option.

Now if we can just set a date, I'll be so happy:rolleyes1 Right now it is beyond our control, we both lost our jobs due to layoffs:sad2: I'm now a Disney certified travel agent and I love it! :dance3: But it's not enough w/out another income.

Silly question,

Does this include the officiant or would that be extra?

And I assume there would also be tax on top of the $1991?

I am assuming that it doesn't since none of the other collection include one.

I think it's a great deal! It allows those couples who could never DREAM of a DFTW, actually make it a reality. it's amazing! Cake or no cake, lol.

What is a celebration without cake? :lmao: I guess it is a good deal for Disney but it is extremely bare bones. I don't agree with a previous poster that said it was on par with other vow renewal packages. Maybe in the Orlando area?? I know of quite a few other VR packages through other places (Carnival, RC, and others) that are cheaper with more included.

What is a celebration without cake? :lmao: I guess it is a good deal for Disney but it is extremely bare bones. I don't agree with a previous poster that said it was on par with other vow renewal packages. Maybe in the Orlando area?? I know of quite a few other VR packages through other places (Carnival, RC, and others) that are cheaper with more amenities.
True, and I love cake, but really we have to remember that this is WDW and EVERYTHING is overpriced. I think this is one of the few things that aren't overpriced for the service you are getting. From what I understand the couple still gets the services of a planner. When I was looking at planning our wedding at home a planner wanted 15-25% of our budget as her fee. If you factor that into the price you're getting a great deal. Even without a cake. maybe they don't offer a cake because they're not offering a cutting ceremony.

DFTWs cakes are $400 at their cheapest so I don't see how they could include one without charging more.

I have another question.

Ok, so I'm looking at the new section of DFTW site, the virtual tours, etc. with a Memories wedding, obviously you don't get a reception, etc. But say we want to go to Bistro de Paris (for example) for dinner after the wedding (no wedding attire, I am aware of that) we could just book it through regular dining right? So I don't have to pay attention to food minimums, etc, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter