DFTW 2015 - Anyone planning yet?

Thanks golightly! I think HKDL is more limited in terms of choices and creativity compare to WDW but DF and I are very excited to see how it all plays out (perhaps a little East meets West plus the mouse ;))

I had never even thought to consider HKDL so I looked into it. & although it seems a bit more cookie cutter everything seems lovely & they seem to cover all of the bases. & the cost wasn't nearly what I thought it would be. How exciting.

I would love a real destination wedding- but I'm struggling just to get people to come to Florida, that's about as 'destination' as anyone is willing to get.

I'm planning on getting married in 2016 and am already planning. How's that for nuts?

That's not really all that nuts. :) I started planning in 2012 - 'course, we had some problems come up, which is why we're getting married in 2015 versus 2014. While Disney certainly doesn't encourage it, planning 2 years in advance is pretty standard in a lot of areas, especially if you're paying yourself and want to not have debt. It gives you time to save and, in a traditional non-Disney venue, can let you spread out your costs over a longer period so it's not quite as difficult on you.

Just have fun. :) There are things you'll be able to do now (especially if you're having one in early 2016), versus later, though a lot of things may change (hopefully not Disney, and not literally 2 weeks before they would take your call -.- which happened to me).

Congratulations!

Thanks :). Those are a lot of the reasons I started planning early. I also wanted my guests to have ample time to save up. I actually announced it to them last summer. :rotfl: Plus I'm trying to DIY a lot of the stuff and that takes time.

That's awful that they changed things just two weeks before your call! :worried: :eek:I hope you didn't miss out on a lot of things you wanted!

We are also from Canada, and are planning a Feb 2015 Escape wedding!!! Made first contact with Disney last month! :):cheer2:

Thanks :). Those are a lot of the reasons I started planning early. I also wanted my guests to have ample time to save up. I actually announced it to them last summer. :rotfl: Plus I'm trying to DIY a lot of the stuff and that takes time.

That's awful that they changed things just two weeks before your call! :worried: :eek:I hope you didn't miss out on a lot of things you wanted!

Well the dramatic change in the Wishes package pricing means we may not be able to do a dessert party, which was one of the very few things I cared about, so I lost out on the only thing I was really dead set on. And we may still end up doing it, but that's not something we're sure of right now, so it's something we'll likely have to decide closer to the date (probably in the next couple months - hope a venue is open if we decide to to it *sigh*). It's more an annoyance than anything, since we're on a fairly tight budget, so having to add additional money to the budget if we want to do it really hurts.

I had never even thought to consider HKDL so I looked into it. & although it seems a bit more cookie cutter everything seems lovely & they seem to cover all of the bases. & the cost wasn't nearly what I thought it would be. How exciting.

I would love a real destination wedding- but I'm struggling just to get people to come to Florida, that's about as 'destination' as anyone is willing to get.

The nice thing about cookie cutter items means that we have fewer decisions to make since the packages included majority of the items including decor, but we certainly wish that they have the flexibility for us to do a few personlized things.

We have extended family in Hong Kong so this is not a real destination wedding - but hey at least it's still a DFTW!

Sept '15, here. I've been doing number/finance crunches now, that way I have plenty when I plan my Escape in January.

Guys, I'm tellin' ya, I made the best decision ever to decide to do this. I really just want a beautiful, quiet affair with not many people. This is gonna be wicked awesome. :)

Hi there

This is my first post here. I am so excited! We just couriered in our signed letter of agreement to Disney World today for our wedding on May 4, 2015! :yay:

Just proposed this past weekend and looking at May 2015 for our wedding. Already starting some information gathering and planning!!

I have been engaged since November, and my fiance and I are planning an Escape May 2015 wedding at SBP too! hopefully we will get it! I We are going for a weekday so we wont have to fight for the location or time slot!

My fiance and I just got engaged Wednesday! Total surprise to me, and are now starting to plan out Oct 2015 wedding. We have several ideas and are just trying to figure out everything. I have a large family so we are guessing our guest list is still going to run pretty high. Just telling people we've had a lot tell us they'll be there, we're talking probably around 100 people

June 2015 DFTW bride! My fiancé and I got engaged in WDW in March, had our site visit and meeting with a consultant two weeks ago, and now just one week from today we can officially book our ceremony!

Thats so exciting!! I'm counting down the days until I can actually call and get more information. I have lots of questions to ask, especially with F&W going on in October

My fiancé and I got engaged last year in March at the Wishes fireworks and look forward to having a wedding at Disney in October 2015!!!

I'm a March 2015 bride, and have already been in contact with Disney and have our photographer contracted. I also have a good idea as to who we're going with for the stationary we need, and decided on a wedding favor (mostly because I didn't want to worry about it any longer). We've also looked at some of the prices for some of the table accessories (vases, candles, etc.). So, short of it is, there is some planning you can do already, just not much. :) I actually already have a planning journal, but it doesn't get too many updates right now because we're sort of in a quiet period (need to check in with our consultant at the end of the month).

Are you planning a wishes or escape package?! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter