DFTW 2015 - Anyone planning yet?

Hi everyone,

We've been planning (or should I say plotting?) our Disney wedding for a couple of months now, which of course means that I have been pouring over the super helpful posts on this board, however all our planning has been a bit on the down-low because we weren't actually engaged yet... until now! So it's official, we're on our way to a November 2015 wishes wedding :D

We've gone back and forth between Escape, Wishes and the S&D more times than I can count and may change our minds again before we can even talk about signing the contract, but for now Wishes Nov 2015 it is! We're thinking Italy Isola ceremony, attic brunch reception and perhaps a welcome dessert party, but who knows what this plan will look like 16 months from now ;)

I'm a stage now that I don't really know what I am suppose to do or what we want apart from have a wedding at Disney...Has anyone booked their wedding reception location without knowing exactly how many people will come (I'm talking about a destination wedding)...

I mean, am I suppose to book the reception without knowing if we are going to be at least 10 for the wedding?... or is it acceptable to send out the invitations saying that the wedding will be in Disney, and then reserve the venue(s)?...

What are you guys doing? What have people done?
My wedding is set for August 1st, 2015 and I am intending in sending the invitations late August 2014 with a pre-RSVP by end of October 2014.

Hmmm....
I want to secure the date with a particular venue, but I don't see how if I do not know how many people will be coming...

I'm a stage now that I don't really know what I am suppose to do or what we want apart from have a wedding at Disney...Has anyone booked their wedding reception location without knowing exactly how many people will come (I'm talking about a destination wedding)...

I mean, am I suppose to book the reception without knowing if we are going to be at least 10 for the wedding?... or is it acceptable to send out the invitations saying that the wedding will be in Disney, and then reserve the venue(s)?...

What are you guys doing? What have people done?
My wedding is set for August 1st, 2015 and I am intending in sending the invitations late August 2014 with a pre-RSVP by end of October 2014.

Hmmm....
I want to secure the date with a particular venue, but I don't see how if I do not know how many people will be coming...

Hi Posh,
I think you may be best off making this question it's own thread - more visibility that way

I will say that we booked without sending out pre-RSVPs (did think about doing them), but that was because we know the tendencies of the people we are inviting really well, and spent a lot of time figuring out how they would respond.

I like the pre-rsvp idea. Thanks for sharing that. I'm in the same boat as you we have no idea how many people will actually come to Disney. We are leaning towards swan and dolphin though since they are more flexible.

Not a Disney Bride but I am getting married August 1, 2015 and I'm almost done planning! I've booked almost everything except floral :lovestruc

I could only dream to be a Disney bride!!! Enjoy all the planning!!!

Nope I won't be a DFTW bride either but a Disney bride.. Where are you getting married :-/

Hi! I am new but i wanted to share my great news! Today we got our date for May 3rd 2015 for our wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall. I look forward to sharing our planning and getting tips and help from you all! :)

Hi! I am new but i wanted to share my great news! Today we got our date for May 3rd 2015 for our wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall. I look forward to sharing our planning and getting tips and help from you all! :)

Congratulations!! We're getting married the day after you. :goodvibes

Did you book with dftw for the May 3rd date? How far out are you able to reserve your date ?

Did you book with dftw for the May 3rd date? How far out are you able to reserve your date ?

You can book Wishes weddings at least a year out and Escape weddings can be booked 8 months out. Memories events can only be booked 5 (I think) months out

Ok guys so i have held the whitehall patio room which i love but also cant stop thinking about the attic ! With my guest count falling the attic could be a posibility , i would just like advice from anybody who has been into the attic or held there reception there , what is there scope to do with the venue , ive had my heart set on steel drums or and old key west style guitarrist is it possible for them to play in this location ? Ive also asked the question of could we make use of shipwreck beach or cresent cove for a cocktail hour but i was dis courraged as i will be moving my guests too many times

Ok guys so i have held the whitehall patio room which i love but also cant stop thinking about the attic ! With my guest count falling the attic could be a posibility , i would just like advice from anybody who has been into the attic or held there reception there , what is there scope to do with the venue , ive had my heart set on steel drums or and old key west style guitarrist is it possible for them to play in this location ? Ive also asked the question of could we make use of shipwreck beach or cresent cove for a cocktail hour but i was dis courraged as i will be moving my guests too many times

Hi Magical day, you may want to make this it's own thread. That way, more people are likely to see it, such as past brides/grooms who may have used the space and lurkyloo. Since this thread is specific to only 2015 weddings, that's the only group really checking in on this thread, so most of us may not have a lot of advice around specific venues and what you can do there.

I'm currently planning my wedding for May 2015, almost exactly 1 year from today.
I am having an escape wedding, I guess.
I say I guess because I started out getting information for a wishes wedding & was very excited about getting the ball rolling. Then I mentioned that my guest list was dipping closer to the 18 mark & inquired whether an escape wedding would be more appropriate for my needs at which point I received a copy/paste reply that basically said if I intended on having an escape wedding I should come back in August. I never said I wanted one & they didn't even answer my questions- but I suppose I'll just go that route? I sound like a push over but from what I've been reading around these parts I can still get what I want if I'm willing to pay for it. So there was no need to try to ruin anyone's day.. yet?
My plans (hopes) right now are Canadian Terrace ceremony, American Adventure Parlor reception, & undecided on dessert party location- I just hope I can get everything I want on the day I want. I guess I'll find out in August.
(sorry for accidentally airing my grievances)

I'm currently planning my wedding for May 2015, almost exactly 1 year from today. I am having an escape wedding, I guess. I say I guess because I started out getting information for a wishes wedding & was very excited about getting the ball rolling. Then I mentioned that my guest list was dipping closer to the 18 mark & inquired whether an escape wedding would be more appropriate for my needs at which point I received a copy/paste reply that basically said if I intended on having an escape wedding I should come back in August. I never said I wanted one & they didn't even answer my questions- but I suppose I'll just go that route? I sound like a push over but from what I've been reading around these parts I can still get what I want if I'm willing to pay for it. So there was no need to try to ruin anyone's day.. yet? My plans (hopes) right now are Canadian Terrace ceremony, American Adventure Parlor reception, & undecided on dessert party location- I just hope I can get everything I want on the day I want. I guess I'll find out in August. (sorry for accidentally airing my grievances)
Unless it's a budget thing I'd still go with the intention of booking Wishes, because they really let you book right away and you get the planning session. Don't let them push you around! It's your wedding! I mean don't be aggressive but you ought to stand up for yourself. What if your guest list is 20 and you don't get your locations because you waited?

Unless it's a budget thing I'd still go with the intention of booking Wishes, because they really let you book right away and you get the planning session. Don't let them push you around! It's your wedding! I mean don't be aggressive but you ought to stand up for yourself. What if your guest list is 20 and you don't get your locations because you waited?

Thanks for the reply- it's nice to hear someone else say things that have been running through my mind since I started to settle for an escape wedding.
Budget isn't an issue, & I'm sure I won't have over 18 at this point- so I'm not sure what to do about it. I am afraid my dates & venues will not be available. My fiance's stance is that I should just chill & wait it out so I don't stress over something that'll work out about the same in the long run. ..but what if it doesn't?
Today is a year out from the date I would ultimately want to be my wedding day. I've decided I will inquire once more & see where that gets me. Thankfully there's nothing to be too aggressive about I just want to make sure I am making the appropriate choice for my event.

I am going through the same thing! My fiance and I just got engaged in Disneyland and we are now planning a WDW wedding for April 2015!! I am so anxious to book! I would love to chat more about everyone else's planning process! I already started a planning journal!

We are currently planning our DFTW for Oct 2015, although our DFTW will be at Hong Kong Disneyland. Booking window is not opened yet but we had got in touch with them to get the details. Hoping for a WDW honeymoon too!

Oh and we got engaged last Christmas at WDW!:love:

We are currently planning our DFTW for Oct 2015, although our DFTW will be at Hong Kong Disneyland. Booking window is not opened yet but we had got in touch with them to get the details. Hoping for a WDW honeymoon too!

Oh and we got engaged last Christmas at WDW!:love:

Hong Kong sounds fantastic!
I'm sure the planning process will be very exciting.

Hong Kong sounds fantastic!
I'm sure the planning process will be very exciting.

Thanks golightly! I think HKDL is more limited in terms of choices and creativity compare to WDW but DF and I are very excited to see how it all plays out (perhaps a little East meets West plus the mouse ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter