DFTW 2015 - Anyone planning yet?

OMGWDWWedding

Earning My Ears
I am 4 months away from contacting Disney about our 2015 wedding and have not seen any threads about 2015 brides. Is there anyone out there that has started planning yet? I am extremely new at this wedding thing, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm a 2015 bride :) I've been attempting to plan as much as we can before the one year mark because we're from Canada and we need to give people a heads up, and also I'm a planning crazy type of person haha.

I'm going to be a August 2015 Escape bride and I've already planned most of it including contacting my first-choice photographer and I can't even be penciled in until December 2014.

We're also from Canada and need to plan well in advance to give friends and family lots if advanced notice.

(All this and I don't even officially have a ring yet lol!)

May 2015 bride here. I've been planning for years but now its finally time to officially plan with Disney. We are doing a site visit next month and I have a pretty good idea of how I want the whole day to look. If you have any questions about DFTW i'd be happy to answer what I can :)

Wow, I didn't think I should contact any vendors until I had a date! How does that work? Do you just give them your preferred date range? Has anyone else started contacting vendors? Now I am nervous I am behind:scared1:

We are hoping for mid October 2015. It will be an escape wedding so I can't even really DFTW until February or March of 2015 which will be nervewracking in the extreme.

I contacted our photographers, The Roots back when we got engaged only because I am dead set on having them. They did say they start planning with brides around 14 months out and even though dates aren't confirmed until 12 months they usually don't have any issues that far out with brides getting them for a certain date. I actually just sent out a email to the videographers I want today just to get pricing too. I don't think you are behind as most brides book their vendors within the year mark or so.

Regina won't confirm with me until I officially have the wedding date with Disney but did confirm my date was so free with her. She's someone I really want to work with so I wanted to reach out as soon as I knew my date

Nov 2015 Disney Cruise Bride here! :cool1: We'll be getting married on the Fantasy. Just waiting for the itineraries to be released for then so I can book the cruise and the wedding package. Hopefully soon....... Congrats to all the rest of my fellow 2015 brides. Happy Planning!:surfweb:

I'm a March 2015 bride, and have already been in contact with Disney and have our photographer contracted. I also have a good idea as to who we're going with for the stationary we need, and decided on a wedding favor (mostly because I didn't want to worry about it any longer). We've also looked at some of the prices for some of the table accessories (vases, candles, etc.).

So, short of it is, there is some planning you can do already, just not much. :) I actually already have a planning journal, but it doesn't get too many updates right now because we're sort of in a quiet period (need to check in with our consultant at the end of the month).

Alyaki:" I'm a March 2015 bride, and have already been in contact with Disney and have our photographer contracted."

Are you planning an Escape or Wishes wedding? I called Disney today, and they said I had to call back at the exact 9 months out from our tentative date….(Jan/Feb 2015).

Alyaki:" I'm a March 2015 bride, and have already been in contact with Disney and have our photographer contracted."

Are you planning an Escape or Wishes wedding? I called Disney today, and they said I had to call back at the exact 9 months out from our tentative date….(Jan/Feb 2015).

Wishes, so I got to start the process a bit earlier. For some reason I didn't notice you were Escape :worried:

January 2015 Bride here! We contacted Disney at 16 months out, did a Site Visit in September and had our photographer booked by October (David and Vicki Arndts) :)

We actually just got to our 12 month mark and got our date, time, and venues confirmed yesterday! So now are really in the planning process with Disney for our January 2, 2015 wedding at the WP! So excited :yay:

January 2015 Bride here! We contacted Disney at 16 months out, did a Site Visit in September and had our photographer booked by October (David and Vicki Arndts) :) We actually just got to our 12 month mark and got our date, time, and venues confirmed yesterday! So now are really in the planning process with Disney for our January 2, 2015 wedding at the WP! So excited :yay:
. What are your date, time & venues?

. What are your date, time & venues?

We are having a 12pm ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion with pre-reception to follow at the White Hall Room and Patio and reception in the Grand Floridian Ballroom Salons 6-9 :) We are also doing a dessert party the night before at the GF Marina :)

We are having a 12pm ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion with pre-reception to follow at the White Hall Room and Patio and reception in the Grand Floridian Ballroom Salons 6-9 :) We are also doing a dessert party the night before at the GF Marina :)
Congrats!!

We're hoping to be May 2015 too :) My Prince proposed in front of Rapunzel and Flynn on December 10th :)

We already contacted DFTW to talk through some options and to get a little help on explaining a few things. We have been working on the guest lists this weekend and finding out who will realistically be able to make it...turnout is looking positive :) We need to email our "dream" ideas to our lovely contact at DFTW who can help us with some scheduling and possible costs and then we lock in the date in May (fingers crossed!!) as we're a Wishes wedding. We're on a quick trip in June for a week to celebrate the life of a wonderful person with other friends so we're looking to schedule in some site visits etc then.

VERY excited... :)

I'm planning for 2015, too! I just realized, reading your initial post, that I'm like...3 months away from being able to make my call to them! :hyper:

Nov 2015 Disney Cruise Bride here! :cool1: We'll be getting married on the Fantasy. Just waiting for the itineraries to be released for then so I can book the cruise and the wedding package. Hopefully soon....... Congrats to all the rest of my fellow 2015 brides. Happy Planning!:surfweb:

Me too! Except on the dream :)
Ahhhh it's been so hard to wait for DCL to release those dates!

I am a June 2015 bride also. Just starting my planning process. I am big planner and need to let family know. Plus I think planning makes the time go by faster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter