deleted

Love everything so far! You are getting married the day before me! :goodvibes

And nice choice for a first dance song!

I had planned on setting them out similar to that, i hadn't thought of using foam to make it lighter, what a great idea! Just have to double check if my reception location will allow all that sand on the mezzanine where our cocktail hour will be since it's inside and carpeted, shouldn't be a problem though. A friend of the family will most likely be writing them all up for us, he can do that fancy handwriting, while if I do them, it will look like i wrote them with my left foot!

Kristen -

On ceremony music: Are you having the organist play the songs or are they going to be from a CD piped in through a stereo system? I got the CD of organist music and I really didn't like it. I actually like the original version of most of the Disney music better - in fact I have the Broadway version of the Lion King on my Ipod that I run with and I would love to use some of the music from that!

I am having fun reading along, and liking all of your ideas. Everything looks wonderful. I may have a few more questions coming up soon since I am officially engaged (today auctually) and will be planning a little more seriously now. Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding!

Oh my goodness! That is so stressful. Your printer doesn't let you do custom paper size? That doesn't surprise me. They keep trying to make this technology more "user-friendly" for people, so they take out all the complicated options for custom settings. Grrrrr!

Is it possible to use the 4x6 paper setting with your 4.5x6.5 cards and just set the margin for the left side .50 inches bigger than the left side? That way everything would still be centered.
Example:
Left margin: 1.0 inches
Right margin: 0.50 inches
You could do the same thing to make the top and the bottom margins work.
Top margin: 1.0 inches
Bottom margin: 0.50 inches

If your printer allows you to go to 0.25 margins (some of them don't allow this), you could do the following set up to get more text space:
Left margin: 0.75 inches
Right margin: 0.25 inches
Top margin: 0.75 inches
Bottom margin: 0.25 inches

I really think this would work. Maybe you already thought of this, but if you haven't, it could be worth a try. Then again, if it won't let you do custom paper sizes, it might not let you do custom margins. If it doesn't let you do custom margin, you could just have everything indented from the left 0.50 inches.

Other than that - stop cutting by hand! Go into Staples or Office Depot or whatever. They have laser paper cutters. No, this doesn't mean the cut it with a laser. But they line it up with a laser and then there is a huge pressure blade. These work pretty well. They say they work for 500 sheets, but I wouldn't let them do more than 25-50 at a a time. It shouldn't be too expensive and it's way easier than what you are doing.

I love cards and pockets. I didn't use them, but we thought about it. I am sad this is becoming such a nightmare for you. I hope one of my suggestions helps to alleviate your pain. Good luck!

Oh, I had just worked out the option for the bigger size paper (5x7) in case it wouldn't let you do the 4x6. It seems like if you do the math you should be able to force it to work. Sounds like that's not true with your "user-friendly" printer. Virtual hug to you for trying all of your options though (even if they didn't work).

Good luck at Office Depot. I am really familiar with the machines that most of them have. I used to work there for a couple years during college. I loved covering at the copy center. There are some fun projects that come through there (sometimes wedding stuff). Now my DF is a manager for Staples and they have all sorts of useful machines as well. Normally they prefer to print stuff on normal sheets of paper and then cut them down. I'm not sure that they can print on small precut sheets (those big copy machines can get paper jams with smaller sheets). But even if they have to cut your precut sheets down to a standard size for you to go home and print, that would be easier than what you are doing. Good luck. I hope you get a copy center person who can do exactly what you need.

Oh my goodness! That is so stressful. Your printer doesn't let you do custom paper size? That doesn't surprise me. They keep trying to make this technology more "user-friendly" for people, so they take out all the complicated options for custom settings. Grrrrr!

Is it possible to use the 4x6 paper setting with your 4.5x6.5 cards and just set the margin for the left side .50 inches bigger than the left side? That way everything would still be centered.
Example:
Left margin: 1.0 inches
Right margin: 0.50 inches
You could do the same thing to make the top and the bottom margins work.
Top margin: 1.0 inches
Bottom margin: 0.50 inches

If your printer allows you to go to 0.25 margins (some of them don't allow this), you could do the following set up to get more text space:
Left margin: 0.75 inches
Right margin: 0.25 inches
Top margin: 0.75 inches
Bottom margin: 0.25 inches

I really think this would work. Maybe you already thought of this, but if you haven't, it could be worth a try. Then again, if it won't let you do custom paper sizes, it might not let you do custom margins. If it doesn't let you do custom margin, you could just have everything indented from the left 0.50 inches.

Other than that - stop cutting by hand! Go into Staples or Office Depot or whatever. They have laser paper cutters. No, this doesn't mean the cut it with a laser. But they line it up with a laser and then there is a huge pressure blade. These work pretty well. They say they work for 500 sheets, but I wouldn't let them do more than 25-50 at a a time. It shouldn't be too expensive and it's way easier than what you are doing.

I love cards and pockets. I didn't use them, but we thought about it. I am sad this is becoming such a nightmare for you. I hope one of my suggestions helps to alleviate your pain. Good luck!

If you are using a PC then (not a Mac) then you can cutomize your paper size, go into print, properties, paper/quality tab, size is: click on any of them and then hit customize, then type the size you need. The only reason why I know that is I did my own invitations and had to customize my paper size.

wow, i should have posted when i had my very similar invitation drama last week...i too have bought a new printer and i actually threw something at it before df saved me, and it, from destruction...i'm glad this worked out with help from our fellow disbrides!!!

Glad to hear your invitations all worked out. Would love to see a picture of how they came out. I can't declide what type of invitation to use and I really like the pocket ones.

Thanks,
Linda

I'm glad it finally worked out for you! We also did invitations from Cards & Pockets. We also bought a nice new color laser printer which took a lot of trial & error to figure out. I spent a Friday night with a paper trimmer cutting down the inserts. And hot gluing ribbon...taping cardstock... lol, it was a pain, but I really loved my invitations in the end! I hope your's turned out how you wanted! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter