deleted

I am also having my BMs in black dresses and I LOVE IT! Black used to be a no-no for weddings, but it's not that way anymore. Black dresses are just classy and practically everyone looks good in black. Plus, the bride and groom really stand out if the they are the only ones wearing white and the wedding party is wearing black. That's what we are doing. DF is wearing a black tux, but he is the only one wearing a white shirt. The groomsmen are wearing black shirts. We are adding a pop of color to everyone. The BMs have colored wraps and the groomsmen have colored vests and ties. But it's just an accent. I love that other brides are embracing the black. It will also make your flowers pop. And the BMs can probably use their dresses and shoes for future occassions.

Everything else looks great! Be sure to post all the other stuff you have planned.

First of all - I just love black for your BM. Right now I am chosing between having mine wear red or black. Their dresses will be just below the knee length and the dress I have chosed (hopefully they will like them) can also be worn as a cocktail dress after (I know most brides say this - but they really can). This is why we might go with black. I will let them decide once they have seen the dress.

http://a6.dessy.com/index.cfm?go=dresses&style=A6511

Second thing, Not sure what you are doing for place cards yet but I saw another bride with an Under the Sea theme and she wrote the names and table numbers on shells. The table they were placed on was set up with a sand castle like you have and real sand and different shades of blue glass beads. It looked great.

Linda

black is a classic and everyone looks good in it. tell your sister in law to 'shoosh,' she already had her wedding! :earboy2:

don't try to please anyone but yourself and your df, this day is about you, not them. i've had to remind several people about that since i got engaged, i'm selfish and i know it and i don't care!

on another note, why do they insist on that stupid green overlay in lss, almost everyone removes it because it's horrifying...

Hi Kristen :wave2:

I'm loving your PJ so far! Everything looks great! I'm planning on having my wedding at WP and LSS too :goodvibes! I'm positive I want the ceremony at WP, but I'm kind of going back and forth about LSS. Mainly because my colors are purple. I'm afraid it's going to clash with the blues at LSS. The other thing I'm worried about is the floral. I couldn't believe they are going to charge you $800 to put rose petals on the tables :scared1:. I hear that going with an outside vendor for floral really helps save some money, but they won't be able to set up in the LSS since it's in a theme park. So now I think I might change the reception to the Napa Room at California Grill...

I love your ring! I got my ring from bluenile.com too! I love that site! Its so informative and helpful! Anyway, sorry for the long post. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

I am loving your PJ. And I love those sand castles - they will be perfect for the theme and beautiful, too. Is it possible to have someone in your wedding party or family decorate the tables for you? I just hate the thought of spending so much money for nothing - its just not right.

I am confused (which is not hard for me to be LOL...but I am trying to learn things). How are you able to have a reception at this venue? Will you be changing out of your wedding attire? I thought you could only do dessert parties at Epcot in wedding attire...or is that a difference between an Escape and Wishes wedding?

Good luck with the rest of your planning.

Don't let anyone give you trouble about the black dresses! The only reason I didn't go with black, is i ended up getting a wedding dress that has blue accents, and i wanted my girls to coordinate, but up until the day i actually bought my dress, i planned on them wearing black. Everything sounds great so far, can't wait to hear more!:thumbsup2

Love the Pj so far, can't wait to read more. I also love the black bm dresses, they will be timeless and look GREAT on everyone...GOOD CHOICE!!! :thumbsup2

Using sand dollars for place cards and putting them in a box of sand sounds great. Instead of using a marker to write on the sand dollars why don't you try a paint pen - that shouldn't bleed like a marker might. Would love to see a picture of this when you return.

Linda

Also, my EM mentioned that we can instruct the DJ wether or not to take requests... I'm leaning towards NO, because I don't want one of DF's little punk cousins to request hip hop or something :scared1:

i agree, i wouldn't let them take requests either...

I completely missed the post where you mentioned you were doing sand dollar place cards. I am doing the same thing! I'm not getting married at disney, marrying at home and then disneymooning. But my colors are tropical blue and silver, and my mother just had a trial of the sand dollars done, they look great. As someone previously mentioned, try a paint pen, it won't bleed!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter