Delete Thread

The rubber duck claw game in BG Williamsburg as well as various clubs at both my HS and college is what has started my rubber duck collection lol! Sounds like an epic trip is brewing!

Love your birthday pictures......the Shrek cake is wonderful Raeven....your dad is very talented! I`d love to see the original if you ever find the picture!

I`m looking forward to the Black Phone house......it`ll be amazing I think......but.....you don`t like the original Halloween...... :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: lol....it`s funny as I hate the new movies.....ever came out of a movie theatre seething with anger as they had changed the whole storyline.......I have :blush:

Mandy is so cute.....and is the girl who fell asleep still with you? Glad one worked out though.......

Yep, waiting patiently, or not so patiently for any other updates and multi night tickets........::yes::

May Trip: 4 weeks, 6 days

HHN Trip: 23 weeks

View attachment 659242

May
Today I'll talk about the dining reservations I made for May!

For Universal I made reservations at: Antojitos, Bice, Amatista Cookhouse, Hard Rock Cafe (I've actually never been to one), Mythos, Toothsome, Cowfish, and Islands. That's most of our favorites, plus some breakfast places that are in the hotels were staying at. I may also add Vivo to this list, but if not we'll go in September.

We also want to check out Strongwater Tavern, Bar 17 Bistro (but might do that in Sep when we stay at Aventura), and Flower and Garden Festival.

On the Disney side I made reservations at: Wine Bar George (lunch), Cityworks (brunch), Boma (breakfast), Shula's, The Plaza, and Beaches & Cream. Right now I'm not sure if we'll do both The Plaza and Beaches and Cream because they have similar food and I like to do QS at MK, but I thought I'd make a reservation just in case.

September
Southwest flights opened the other day and they were a disappointment.

View attachment 659262
(I guess we're doing a Parks & Rec theme with gifs today 🤣).

I knew they'd go up in price (although they were a little higher than I thought they'd be), but the times were the worst part. There was only one direct flight a day (something I think is important to have with the weather in September), and they were all around 5 pm the days I was looking at. I know we get several nights, but my priority for our arrival day was being able to get there in time to attend HHN that night. Both Jetblue and Southwest's were far too late. Soooo I think we're going to leave one day earlier. I wasn't sure they'd let me at work, but I do have the time for it, and my boss said it'd be okay. So it looks like we're leaving on Wed night. Maybe we'll even get a little HHN time that night...🤔

With that change, I also changed around hotels a bit. I was able to add another night to Royal Pacific in the beginning so we're staying there Wed-Mon. But then I decided logistically it would be easier to stay at the Swan for the days we'd be at Disney (probably 2 days at Food & Wine, and one at MK), and then I booked Aventura for the rest of the week since it's the only hotel we haven't stayed in. I'll keep looking as discounts come out, but I didn't really think we needed EP after Monday.

Also since the update the emojis on here don't seem to load for me. Is anyone else having that problem?

View attachment 659266

I also was also disappointed in the Southwest flight schedule and fares. I emailed them and told them I was disappointed as they have always been my go to airline and they actually sent me a voucher for $150 I then had all my family members send an email and they sent each of them a voucher also. They are very good that way. Just wanted to let you know for future reference. We are a family of 5 so it saved me $750.

HHN Trip-5 weeks, 5 days

View attachment 689027

Since my last post I haven't changed anything. I booked a rental car for two days on the weekend. & I did get our two Epcot day tickets and made park reservations. I also made a couple dining reservations for the trip I think we'll do mostly QS and lounges or food at HHN.

Here's the list, reservations are bolded:

Wed-Urban Pantry
(We get in late so we'll probably grab food at the hotel).

Thurs-Mythos, Strongwater Tavern
Fri-Breadbox, Bar 17 Bistro
Sat-Rainforest Cafe, Shake Shack
(I know Rainforest Cafe is awful, but I've never been there and as a 90's kid I feel I've missed out on the most 90's experience one could have).

Sun-Cocktails and Screams Brunch, QS at HHN
(Cocktails & Screams is in Downtown Orlando, and I've always wanted to go there. So I booked brunch on one of the days we have the car).

Mon-Boardwalk Deli or DS QS, Food & Wine
Tues-Beaches and Cream, MK QS during MNSSHP
Wed-Wine Bar George, Food & Wine
Thurs-Toothsome, Cowfish (or another Citywalk TS)
Fri-Surfside QS

& Rush of Fear passes finally went on sale!

View attachment 689034

We're going to HHN for 5, possibly 6 nights so these will definitely be worth it for us.

Another house was announced as well. They finally announced The Weeknd house which I'm pretty excited for. After Hours is my favorite of his CD's so I'm glad it's going to be based on the music for that one. The description for the house also sounded really cool.

I was actually never a big fan of The Weeknd until After Hours came out. I ended up listening to it because it had the same producer as the score in Uncut Gems (which The Weeknd was in), and I really liked the music in that movie. I ended up listening to the CD when it came out, and I loved it. That and his newest CD have a really 80's/synth sound which I enjoy.

We also basically know what all the houses will be because of that leaked picture of one of the HHN shirts, and I can't wait to get descriptions for those.

You have some fabulous plans Raeven.

I`ve heard of Cocktail and Screams, especially the brunch. A friend who mentioned Hamburger Mary`s recommended it. Hope you enjoy it......

And yes, RoF tickets......big Yay for those!!

I need to try and listen to the Weeknd.....not something I`m naturally drawn to.....lol.....but will give it a bash.

We`re excited for the other houses, I think we`re all going to enjoy it a whole lot this year!!!

now my credits with them will probably expire before we fly again.
SW just announced their flight vouchers won't expire! We don't have much left on ours as we used them for inter island hop in Hawaii-but we do still have a small amount that I though we'd have to let go. Interisland flights were so cheap lol! Wish other airlines would follow with this-have American credit for my daughter-though will likely use that to fly her home for Christmas.

And I appreciate your countdown as that is same for me!

And OMG so glad the ROF passes finally went on sale. Got the one with EP as planning 9 HHn nites-I do have an UtH tour booked and know from past experience that I'm often too wiped to go back that night so maybe just 8 nights.

HHN Trip-3 weeks, 5 days

View attachment 693153

I don't really have any news since I last posted but we're getting so close!

I was hoping we'd have all the houses officially announced by now, but it looks like that might be next week. I've been enjoying watching the videos and seeing the pictures of all the scare zone stuff going up though. And all the merch looks amazing this year! I may have already bought one of the shirts on Universal's website. I'm trying to resist buying more because I know the Tribute Store will have even more stuff that hasn't been released yet.

View attachment 693157

On the Disney side I think tonight is the first MNSSHP of the year. It's probably not that different from the prior ones, but I just like hearing about all the snacks. :rotfl:

This weekend I'm going to the mall to get some stuff for the trip and to look at Halloween decor because I think Spirit Halloween opened up. I may attempt to start packing some things or at least get an idea of what I'm going to pack too.

View attachment 693158

Oh also a cool non trip related thing but the Forbidden Forest Experience will be coming to NY this fall. (It's a walkthrough with Harry Potter creatures/interactive stuff/food/shopping that's only been in the UK up until this point). It's coming to NY in late October and the tickets go on sale next week so I think I might buy tickets for that because it sounds really cool.
Oh my gosh how is it under 4 weeks now????

The forbidden forest experience sounds really cool! I hadn't heard of that

Oh my gosh how is it under 4 weeks now????

The forbidden forest experience sounds really cool! I hadn't heard of that
I know!!!

I hadn’t heard of it until last week when I started seeing a bunch of ads. Which were probably targeted to me so I’d go. :rotfl:

Love the parks at the holidays! We will be back for thanksgiving again this year. Noticed MVMCP has parties on a couple dates of our trip but holy moly on price :eek:. For the cost of us doing a party we can upgrade husband UOAP and do premier for son so we have after 4 EP as we are staying offsite in our timeshare. And use them for summer trip next year (with timeshare/driving down)for couple cheaper vacays. Hope you get to DS too as love that place decked out for holidays!

Love the parks at the holidays! We will be back for thanksgiving again this year. Noticed MVMCP has parties on a couple dates of our trip but holy moly on price :eek:. For the cost of us doing a party we can upgrade husband UOAP and do premier for son so we have after 4 EP as we are staying offsite in our timeshare. And use them for summer trip next year (with timeshare/driving down)for couple cheaper vacays. Hope you get to DS too as love that place decked out for holidays!
Me too! It's been years since I've gone during the holidays. MVCMP has gone up! I figured since it's only 2 of us and it's basically her first trip that it's the best way to get on as many attractions in Magic Kingdom and show her something themed for Christmas.We also found out Orlando Informer is doing one of their events on our Universal day and are planning to do that instead of having her buy day tickets and EP. UOAP passes are such great prices though!

Orlando Informer is doing one of their events on our Universal day and are planning to do that instead of having her buy day tickets and EP.
This is a fantastic hack!!! One of these days I will be there for an OI event :) Plus I love how Universal decorates entire park for Christmas, and meeting the Grinch is so fun!
I'm considering a MNSSHP to get my MK fix in. At least Sam's club has tickets for my date at ~100$.
My 16 yo son "misses Disney"-thinks he may want a disney trip for his graduation trip-so trying to not spend too much now so can afford that in couple years.

This is a fantastic hack!!! One of these days I will be there for an OI event :) Plus I love how Universal decorates entire park for Christmas, and meeting the Grinch is so fun!
I'm considering a MNSSHP to get my MK fix in. At least Sam's club has tickets for my date at ~100$.
My 16 yo son "misses Disney"-thinks he may want a disney trip for his graduation trip-so trying to not spend too much now so can afford that in couple years.
I'm excited I've never been to an OI event. I think this is the first time I've seen one that was happening while I would be there.

I think doing a party is a good way to do that. This next trip we're just going there for MNSSHP too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter