DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

Ended up waiting over an hour and a half. First time I got through I got disconnected, and the second time, there was zero discounts. We're going 12.3 - 12.13, and SO many resorts are booked. what the heck happened to the first two weeks in December being one of the slower times?

I'll be keeping an eye on room availability over the next couple-few months, and if I start seeing availability during my stay, I'll try again for a discount.

I wasn't counting on one either, but agreed that something would have been nice.

just received a UOC save up to 30% 10/8-12/24 nothing I can use but AOA and All -star are included for my dates 12/9 thru 12/14

Ended up waiting over an hour and a half. First time I got through I got disconnected, and the second time, there was zero discounts. We're going 12.3 - 12.13, and SO many resorts are booked. what the heck happened to the first two weeks in December being one of the slower times?

I'll be keeping an eye on room availability over the next couple-few months, and if I start seeing availability during my stay, I'll try again for a discount.

I wasn't counting on one either, but agreed that something would have been nice.
I'm nervous that it's going to be quite crowded during this time.

I'm nervous that it's going to be quite crowded during this time.

Me, too. We are there 11/26-12/3, but splitting the stay: we are at CBR 11/26-12/1 and at CSR 12/1-12/3. I was really hoping to switch the CSR days of our trip to a Deluxe with a RO discount but no luck. There's just nothing remotely affordable available. I guess I'll keep checking!

Was able to get the room only discount...saved $76, but hey ill take it! I didnt even know it was available! I woke up to an email this am from my Disney Vacation Planner that said a discount had come out for my dates and she automatically applied it after searching for all the best offers. She will keep checking as our Oct trip gets closer for additional dates! No much, but it will cover the cost (almost) of a MNNSHP ticket!

Last edited:
Dec 1-7, booked rack rate WL, nothing anywhere except super expensive per night like over $1000 ... we were set on switching to the Gf... debating actually cancelling it completely and going in February....and our trip is paid off that we are sick of not getting a discount
Ugh stinks. We are dec 1-7 at akl.

I just booked cooper creek without a discount too, but will probably cancel. I just refuse to pay rack rate at wdw.
How we feel. Never payed rack rate and don't plan on it. If that's the case then I'll go during my daughters schcool break. We pick the fall because of discounts

when I booked a harmony barbershop appointment at 180 days out - now almost two months ago, I had a really nice, chatty CM. I commented our YC stay was more $$ mid December (8-18, during school) than week of Thanksgiving and the week after. She said that the last several years it has become THE time to go for AP holders and the Xmas parade filming has become extremely popular. She said Pop Warner is a non issue unless at a value resort.

Discount just came out today good through December. I put in every possible combination for my dates 12/2 to 12/10 and came up empty--oh well, maybe next time--my current rate for POFQ is pretty good anyway.

just received a UOC save up to 30% 10/8-12/24 nothing I can use but AOA and All -star are included for my dates 12/9 thru 12/14
What are the savings for AKL (we have savannah view)? I always get pin codes through the mail a while after a discount comes out, so I'm hoping to see one in my mailbox eventually! We saved 20% with the offer that came out today but I would gladly take 25% or 30% :)

Thank god we booked a room months ago! We'll be staying 12/9-12/15 at POR. I called Disney and the woman on the phone said NOTHING was available as far as discounted rooms. I guess we'll just keep on checking to see if there is availability and apply the discount then. But the fact that rooms are selling out is making me nervous that the parks will be crazy busy during our stay. I thought the time we booked was supposed to be one of the best times to go to Disney!

What a joke! I spent 1.5 hours on hold and was bounced around to a couple different cast members. We have reservations for POR 12/2-12/11 and I was told that because we had made the reservations awhile ago that it was under some different pricing system but the cast member had gotten permission to apply a discount which amounted to a whole $1.63. I can't even believe they came back with that. I guess I'll keep checking back every so often like others suggest but this has honestly been the most difficult Disney vacation to plan.

What a joke! I spent 1.5 hours on hold and was bounced around to a couple different cast members. We have reservations for POR 12/2-12/11 and I was told that because we had made the reservations awhile ago that it was under some different pricing system but the cast member had gotten permission to apply a discount which amounted to a whole $1.63. I can't even believe they came back with that. I guess I'll keep checking back every so often like others suggest but this has honestly been the most difficult Disney vacation to plan.

That's $1.63 that I didn't get offered! The surprising thing though is that I called about an hour ago and spent only 5 minutes on hold. I was surprised someone came on so quickly.

We are most likely moving our trip (by two months)...talked to my husband...he has ongoing health issues and this might be better anyway because he will have some extra days to use. But still. Not sure why they offer these discounts with only rooms starting at $800 plus.

What are the savings for AKL (we have savannah view)? I always get pin codes through the mail a while after a discount comes out, so I'm hoping to see one in my mailbox eventually! We saved 20% with the offer that came out today but I would gladly take 25% or 30% :)
What time did you call? They had nothing at 10:15 for akl. When are you going?

We are most likely moving our trip (by two months)...talked to my husband...he has ongoing health issues and this might be better anyway because he will have some extra days to use. But still. Not sure why they offer these discounts with only rooms starting at $800 plus.
That's too bad. Where were you staying? Maybe you will get a discount for february

Had a reservation for CL at the GF...Dec 11-16th...the CM couldn't even pull the ressie up after waiting over an hour on hold....Total overload...It was at rack rate....no discount no Disney....
Who thought it would be a good idea to release the code or disc? today when CCR has it's grand opening....what a mess

What time did you call? They had nothing at 10:15 for akl. When are you going?
I did it online this morning. The only discount availability they has was savannah view bunk bed, which is the room category we already had booked and were planning on staying in, so we got lucky. My parents are going too and have a pool view room and there was no discount available for them. Dates are 10/26-11/1. The discounts suck this year :(

That's too bad. Where were you staying? Maybe you will get a discount for february

WL... we loved it a few years ago but they really reduced the menu with the new quick service and we want to be on the monorail. But yes, they typically have availability for discounts in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter