DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

Wait!!! The CM decided to try to book it...and WOW! She said her pixie dust is working...looks like the system is fixed. She was able to apply the new holiday discount, saving me $167.00 per night! Yeah! So go forth everyone....if your room is available for the discount, the system should allow you to change it. Good Luck!

Did you try online first? Any reason to expect going through the phone CM yields a different result? Thanks!

I'll be so upset if she lied. I can't see that only two rooms in all of wdw are available in the package. Please let me know if you got something after 10:15. Was only hold for 55 minutes. 2 akl rooms and that's all. One was savannah room and it was more expensive with discount and another was a standard room just like the one we have and get this, with 20% off it was same price as ours without a discount. So they increased the standard rooms before giving a discount.

Online reservations seem to be down right now - I keep getting an error. Hope they are fixing this. The phone wait is over an hour, and I can't spend that long on the phone today.

I just looked at my dates and everything is higher then when I booked Free Dining. Glad I booked when I did.

I'll be so upset if she lied. I can't see that only two rooms in all of wdw are available in the package. Please let me know if you got something after 10:15. Was only hold for 55 minutes. 2 akl rooms and that's all. One was savannah room and it was more expensive with discount and another was a standard room just like the one we have and get this, with 20% off it was same price as ours without a discount. So they increased the standard rooms before giving a discount.

Sounds like they hired a car dealer to come up with the discount.

Well, SOMEONE must be able to book these. My dates were showing studios at Copper Creek for $386, and now it's only showing 1-bedrooms for $533. PLUS, I waited on hold for 58 minutes only to have it drop my call. I am so angry right now.

FWIW, the chat CM told me the offer could only be applied by calling right now.

I did try on line first...it showed that my room was available for the discount so I "changed" it....but the checkout button always stayed greyed out. When I finally got through, she said it was because the system wasn't coded right for the new discount. I asked her to check, just to make sure I really had a reservation...you know how weird things can happen. She found the reservation...I asked if she would try the code...she did...it worked..she was happy because I was the third person she talked to and hadn't been able to help them, due to the system problem.

Well, SOMEONE must be able to book these. My dates were showing studios at Copper Creek for $386, and now it's only showing 1-bedrooms for $533. PLUS, I waited on hold for 58 minutes only to have it drop my call. I am so angry right now.
I was so paranoid I was going to hit the off button during my 55 minute wait. But it wasn't even worth the wait. In the 8 years we have been going in the fall, ive never seen something like this! I wonder if people will cancel their vacations and then more rooms will eventually pop up with the discount.

I did try on line first...it showed that my room was available for the discount so I "changed" it....but the checkout button always stayed greyed out. When I finally got through, she said it was because the system wasn't coded right for the new discount. I asked her to check, just to make sure I really had a reservation...you know how weird things can happen. She found the reservation...I asked if she would try the code...she did...it worked..she was happy because I was the third person she talked to and hadn't been able to help them, due to the system problem.

This is just unacceptable. I am so tired of this crap. Every single time...

Which room did you boom? Just curious

After a 45 min hold this am. I was told code could NOT be applied to an assisting reservation. She added either the rooms had not "dropped into the system" yet or everything was already booked/very limited availability. She told me to call back in a few days.

Joke of a discount.

After a 45 min hold this am. I was told code could NOT be applied to an assisting reservation. She added either the rooms had not "dropped into the system" yet or everything was already booked/very limited availability. She told me to call back in a few days.

Joke of a discount.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I would be willing to cancel my existing reservation and book a new one to get the discount. I don't even care about that. And as long as we are deluxe, we don't much care where we stay. It's just every time there's a discount, there's no organization. Nobody knows anything and nothing ever works. If you don't want to put out discount, just don't, because this is worse.

Which room did you boom? Just curious
Many months ago, we finally pulled the trigger and booked a Deluxe Room-Club Level at the BWI. Hoping and hoping for a discount, as the room is roughly $850 a night. This discount saved us $167 a night...and I'm hoping for more if/when an AP discount comes out.

For those of you able to change your reservation online, how? Whenever I click the change reservation button the page just refreshes to the same 'my reservations' page. Did you try a certain browser or just keep hit change reservation. Or, you never had this issue and just my account.....

Many months ago, we finally pulled the trigger and booked a Deluxe Room-Club Level at the BWI. Hoping and hoping for a discount, as the room is roughly $850 a night. This discount saved us $167 a night...and I'm hoping for more if/when an AP discount comes out.
did you do an online change?

For those of you able to change your reservation online, how? Whenever I click the change reservation button the page just refreshes to the same 'my reservations' page. Did you try a certain browser or just keep hit change reservation. Or, you never had this issue and just my account.....

It wouldn't work for me on line...sounds like you're having the same problem I did..which forced me on hold for 50 minutes to get a live body. Sounds like the system is still hosed up. The chat function suggested I try Chrome v.s. Firefox browser, needless to say that didn't help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter