December 2009 Brides?

I'm a December 2009 bride too! I think it's the best time to get married because you get Disney and Christmas combined!!! Plus, the holiday decorations around the whole Disney area are GORGEOUS! Can't be beat! :)

Congrats!! It's the entire reason why I want to do it during that time...you also can't beat the weather. I'm struggling on choosing a location for my reception. I hope to figure that out real soon.

Any December 2009 brides having any difficulties in planning?

Congrats!! It's the entire reason why I want to do it during that time...you also can't beat the weather. I'm struggling on choosing a location for my reception. I hope to figure that out real soon.

I was having trouble at first as well. I really wanted a place that had a view of the castle. Unfortunately, nothing exists for receptions with 100 guests. :sad2: We decided to go with the Grand Floridian because it's just SO BEAUTIFUL! You need minimal decorations to make the place look good for your reception. Luckily, for you (you're doing an Escape Wedding right?) you have many more options! I guess it depends on what is most important to you

Jen and josh- I would recc getting rid of your last names on your bio. Lots of not nie people out there who you dont want to be able to get access to your personal info...

I am a December 2009 Bride!! We get to book next month for our wedding!! Time is passing so slow waiting for it!

I am also struggling to choose a location for the reception! We are doing an escape wedding as well so we are planning on just doing a dinner for everyone but I don't know where to have it. I need to choose a location for both the reception and the rehearsal dinner! :confused3

meeeee tooooo!:bride:

Yeah- just a little bit longer and we can really get rolling!:rotfl:
(And I bought my dress this weekend:cool1: )

I love smiley faces...

Another December 2009 VR Bride here!!

Unfortunately we have to wait until April to book since we want the WP.

I am so excited to have our VR in December, WDW is beautiful year round, but extra special around the holidays! :)

What are everyone's color schemes? We are leaning toward dark red, and ivory. But of course I change my mind all the time, I really like blue and silver too!

I am also struggling to choose a location for the reception! We are doing an escape wedding as well so we are planning on just doing a dinner for everyone but I don't know where to have it. I need to choose a location for both the reception and the rehearsal dinner! :confused3

meeeee tooooo!:bride:

Yeah- just a little bit longer and we can really get rolling!:rotfl:
(And I bought my dress this weekend:cool1: )

I love smiley faces...

If it helps you, my reception is at CG (Napa Room) and our Welcome/Rehersal dinner is at Raglan Road. CG because we LOVE the food and since we are getting married at night we get to watch Wishes with the music from our room and don't have to do a seperate dessert party! Raglan Road because we also LOVE the food and it is a fun party atmosphere!

So the lady at Disney told me that DJ prices are doubled in Dec. due to their union. Has anyone else experienced this in their planning? I'm trying to figure out if would be cheaper to go through an outside DJ and pay the fee that Disney charges or just go through Disney so I don't have to pay the fee. What do you guys think?:woohoo: :earsboy:

We are goign wiht apple(bright red) dark green(christmas green) silver and white..

what are you all thinking for flowers? I seen a beautiful bouquet at a store that was red roses and white mumsand a touch of greenery and it was so pretty i may add like one pointsetta to teh center to satisfy dh..lol

If it helps you, my reception is at CG (Napa Room) and our Welcome/Rehersal dinner is at Raglan Road. CG because we LOVE the food and since we are getting married at night we get to watch Wishes with the music from our room and don't have to do a seperate dessert party! Raglan Road because we also LOVE the food and it is a fun party atmosphere!

Hey thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2 We were actually considering both of these places. Although I have never been to either they both look great! Can I ask, how did you go about booking the Napa room at CG? And for RR did you book a room or how does that work? We are doing an escape. Thanks for any info! :goodvibes

Another Dec 09 Bride here. I will probably have Sunset Point but I might try for the WP, both can be booked at 8 months out so got a while to go yet.

Our wedding colors have been inspired by peacock feathers, so we're going with a sapphire blue, teal and ivory. I'm doing my own bouquet with ivory roses and peacock feathers.

So the lady at Disney told me that DJ prices are doubled in Dec. due to their union. Has anyone else experienced this in their planning? I'm trying to figure out if would be cheaper to go through an outside DJ and pay the fee that Disney charges or just go through Disney so I don't have to pay the fee. What do you guys think?:woohoo: :earsboy:

Really? So sorry to hear that. I would suggest finding out the prices for a Disney DJ and an outside one. Then add the fee Disney charges to have an outside DJ to the outside DJ's fees and see if you are saving money considerably. If it's not a substantial amount, I would go with Disney for convenience.

I hope that helps! Let us know what you find out.

Hey thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2 We were actually considering both of these places. Although I have never been to either they both look great! Can I ask, how did you go about booking the Napa room at CG? And for RR did you book a room or how does that work? We are doing an escape. Thanks for any info! :goodvibes

I have a Wishes wedding so mine is all being done through my planner except for Raglan, that I will be doing myself. I contacted the manager at Raglan directly and talked to him about it. Once i get my date confimed with Disney in about 11 days :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: then I am going to call him back to book a reservation and talk about menus.

HTH!

I have a Wishes wedding so mine is all being done through my planner.

So if a bride is doing an Escape wedding, I would have to book the Napa or Sonom Room on my own? If so, who do I contact? If I want it decorated, do I personally contact Disney Floral departmen to handle that?

What's the difference between the Napa and Sonoma room related to appearance? Thanks! :thumbsup2

So if a bride is doing an Escape wedding, I would have to book the Napa or Sonom Room on my own? If so, who do I contact? If I want it decorated, do I personally contact Disney Floral departmen to handle that?

What's the difference between the Napa and Sonoma room related to appearance? Thanks! :thumbsup2

Honestly I am really not sure how it would work for you. I would try calling Disney Dining and then maybe the California Grill direcely to see if you can book through them but before you do that ask your planner. She might be able to get you to the right people including Disney floral.

THe differnce betweent the Napa and Sonoma rooms are Sonoma is bigger and it looks over the lake and Napa is a little smaller and looks over MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter