December 2009 Brides?

honey2741

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! :yay:

I'm taking this idea from another thread I read. Any December 2009 Brides out there? :santa: I know there are a few. I'm doing an Escape wedding at Sea Breeze Point. I look forward to connecting. Having a wedding during December and Christmas, how special is that?! :banana:

Have a magical week!

Hey! I'm a December 2009 bride!!!! :santa: :banana:

I agree- having a wedding during December and Christmastime is SO exciting! :cool1: Amazingly enough I have never been to Disney during Christmas so I am super excited about that!! I am also doing an escape wedding at Sea Breeze Point!! :woohoo: What date are you hoping for?

Greetings fellow December '09 brides! I too am having an Escape wedding hopefully at Sea Breeze Point (man do great minds think alike or what ;) ) I love WDW at Christmastime, totally the best time to visit. We're hoping for sometime in the first half of the month but haven't settled on a specific date yet.

Hi everyone! I have been to Disney at Christmastime in 2005 and 2007 . . . there's no better time to go! We're hoping for a morning/afternoon wedding at the Wedding Pavilion on or around the 8th. It'll be April, though, before we can finalize the date from what I understand. I look forward to working with you guys as we plan our fabulous weddings!

i'm not a 2009 bride. but i do hoe to have my wedding on 12 dec 2012 (???). The whole reason we have decided on a december wedding was so we could see disney at christmas (Ive never been during that time, but the photos look stunning!!!!)

Believe me i'll be watching all your pj's and "borrowing" your ideas he he I just hope disney dont decide to withdraw from the wedding industry by then!!! (I cant see it to be honest)

acwinsett - i thought it was 18 months beforehand that you can start the process or am I wrong (which I frequently am lately!)

Good luck ladies and i'll be watching

I'm in December 2009 too!! Of course, i'm a VR not bride, and we're doing DCL not WDW, but still I count!! :rotfl:

It's almost time to book! i'm so excited to finally get my information!!

Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to planning with all of you!! :cool1:

Are you ladies doing anything special or different since it will be the holiday season? I have never been to Disney during Christmas so this is kind of new to me. So far I have been trying to make special plans for Christmas eve and Christmas day when we are on our honeymoon, and I have made mental notes to bring decorations and a little tree for our room. ;) Any tips are much appreciated! :thumbsup2 Also, do you think it will be cold? :confused: I am going to have my ceremony at Sea Breeze Point so I am a teensy bit worried about me or my guests being too cold. I have heard before that its not that bad, but then again I have been in Disney during mid-November before and I remember freezing at the Osborne Spectacle of Lights! :rotfl:

I was at Disney for Christmas last year and in 2005. The weather is "sweater weather" during the day and you'll need a jacket in the evening. Last year, I wore velour hoodies a lot.

I'm planning an early December wedding to try to avoid some of the crowds and make sure that all of our guests get back home in time to enjoy a "normal" Christmas.

As far as anything special for Christmas goes, I'm thinking that we'll do a nice dinner at California Grill the night before the wedding (which will be the "escape" type) and, of course, time it so that we can watch Wishes from the restaurant. Then we're aiming to do the actual wedding on a Tuesday late-morning or early-afternoon. Instead of a traditional reception, I want to get tickets for all of our guests to join us for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party later that evening. Kind of like "The wedding's over . . . now it's Christmastime!"

For those of you looking for something special for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, I would recommend doing the Candlelight Processional in Epcot. They have a celebrity narrator (last year was Gary Sinise) who reads the story of the nativity and a huge mass choir. It's a really nice way to celebrate the true meaning and spirit of the holidays. They usually have a dinner package that you can do that will get you priority seating at the front of the crowd. Another fun thing we did last year was a Christmas Eve dinner at Ohana . . . yum!

I was at Disney for Christmas last year and in 2005. The weather is "sweater weather" during the day and you'll need a jacket in the evening. Last year, I wore velour hoodies a lot.

I'm planning an early December wedding to try to avoid some of the crowds and make sure that all of our guests get back home in time to enjoy a "normal" Christmas.

As far as anything special for Christmas goes, I'm thinking that we'll do a nice dinner at California Grill the night before the wedding (which will be the "escape" type) and, of course, time it so that we can watch Wishes from the restaurant. Then we're aiming to do the actual wedding on a Tuesday late-morning or early-afternoon. Instead of a traditional reception, I want to get tickets for all of our guests to join us for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party later that evening. Kind of like "The wedding's over . . . now it's Christmastime!"

For those of you looking for something special for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, I would recommend doing the Candlelight Processional in Epcot. They have a celebrity narrator (last year was Gary Sinise) who reads the story of the nativity and a huge mass choir. It's a really nice way to celebrate the true meaning and spirit of the holidays. They usually have a dinner package that you can do that will get you priority seating at the front of the crowd. Another fun thing we did last year was a Christmas Eve dinner at Ohana . . . yum!

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 That's a really neat idea to send all your guests to MVMCP! I am also wanting to do the California Grill the night before the wedding as our "rehearsal" dinner. All of our guests will be gone by the 23rd and we will be staying through new years. We are planning on doing the Candlelight Processional dinner package on Christmas Eve. I am hoping we can get reservations! Do you know if that is still something I can only do at 180 days out? Thanks for any info!!

Hi everyone !

When do you begin your planning ? I've already called Disney and got a wedding coordinator (Brianna), but since my wedding will be at Sunset Pointe, I can only book 8 months in advance (so only in April).
Are there any other brides in the same situation ?

Greetings fellow December '09 brides! I too am having an Escape wedding hopefully at Sea Breeze Point (man do great minds think alike or what ;) ) I love WDW at Christmastime, totally the best time to visit. We're hoping for sometime in the first half of the month but haven't settled on a specific date yet.

Welcome! I think this thread will be one of the most exciting one's to read. I'm doing an Escape wedding too at Sea Breeze Point. I am looking to do mine the week before Christmas.

Congratulations! :cheer2:

We're hoping for a morning/afternoon wedding at the Wedding Pavilion on or around the 8th. I look forward to working with you guys as we plan our fabulous weddings!

I look forward to planning with you all as we plan our magical, fabulous, wonderful weddings! Congratulations!! :banana:

I'm in December 2009 too!! Of course, i'm a VR not bride, and we're doing DCL not WDW, but still I count!! :rotfl:

It's almost time to book! i'm so excited to finally get my information!!

Congratulations!! A VR on the Cruise Line, very unique. I look forward to reading your report. :woohoo:

Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to planning with all of you!! :cool1:

Are you ladies doing anything special or different since it will be the holiday season? I have never been to Disney during Christmas so this is kind of new to me. So far I have been trying to make special plans for Christmas eve and Christmas day when we are on our honeymoon, and I have made mental notes to bring decorations and a little tree for our room. ;)

Congratulations!! Thanks for the tip about having a tree...with everything going on I totally forgot. Since 2009 is the year of "What Will You Celebrate?", I found the section tailored to Romance, Vow Renewal/Weddings extremely helpful. Plus WDW has a lot of new things they are offering under that section in 2009. That may help to make it special.

HTH.

Next month we get to "officially" book our date!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Is anyone eagerly anticipating for the days to fly by? :woohoo:

My fingers are crossed for location, day and time.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :santa:

We OFFICIALLY got ours this week!!! I was so excited!! Now i'm working on narrowing down all my choices! :rotfl:

I'm a December 09 bride too! The two things we know for sure, it will be around Dec. 15th and at Disney! But exactly where and how are yet to be determined!! :)

Next month we get to "officially" book our date!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Is anyone eagerly anticipating for the days to fly by? :woohoo:

My fingers are crossed for location, day and time.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :santa:

Yay!! :yay: I am definitely with you on waiting for the days to go by! I can't wait to book next month!! :banana: I hope everyone gets the date and time they want!!

I'm a December 2009 bride too! I think it's the best time to get married because you get Disney and Christmas combined!!! Plus, the holiday decorations around the whole Disney area are GORGEOUS! Can't be beat! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter