December 2008 Brides?

HNP ~ That's great! We're neighbors! PM me your email address and maybe we can meet up for a drink one day?

We picked up my wedding ring last night! It is truely beautiful! I am so lucky! I also made reservations for my mom to come to Chicago this weekend for the "shower I don't know about this weekend"! Gotta love it!

Ladies oh my goodness it's been a roller coaster of a day! :eek:

I can't believe we are 39 days out! Yahoo!:cool1: We are very excited!

My mom got our invitations today so hopefully they are going out this weekend. :yay: (Please keep your fingers crossed!)

We had some budget issues this am and someone's math got screwed up some where. :confused: I am really upset about it. I am waiting until I get home this eveing so we can go through our bank reqs. Please send good thoughts my way that it works out!:upsidedow I mean i know it will but our cushion is gone and i don't know what happened to it. Crazy. . .

What is going on with everyone else?

Spent a lot of time this weekend shopping. Got my spanx, welcome dinner outfit etc. 1 month and 1 day!

:cool1:

We picked up my wedding ring last night! It is truely beautiful! I am so lucky!

Oh yay! Congrats!! Did you have your secret shower yet? And sorry about the budget crunch. We are feeling it too.

We ordered our rings online. Paul's came :) , mine didn't :eek:
I guess it is on back order and they said they would overnight it on the 25th of November. EEK way too close for comfort.
Done:
Sent out invitations
Had first fitting for dress
Got FH's suit
Had last meeting with photog
had meeting with pastor & church
sent florist arrangement inspiration
paid final payment for the reception site
made final payment for honeymoon
ordered rings- still waiting for one
all bridesmaids have their dresses
got marriage license!!! (can do 60 days ahead in ohio)

Need to do:
Make appointment with hairstylist for trial and day of
have appointment with caterer
have last appointment with florist
make seating arrangements
make seating cards, favors, out of town guest bags, make direction information
have final fitting for dress
get fh's suit hemmed
get alcohol for reception and give to caterer
get votive candle stuffs
go to michael's, get manzanita branches

Yeah, I think that is pretty much it. Did I mention that I have finals right before my wedding? Oh the joys of grad school.

Oh yay! Congrats!! Did you have your secret shower yet? And sorry about the budget crunch. We are feeling it too.

We ordered our rings online. Paul's came :) , mine didn't :eek:
I guess it is on back order and they said they would overnight it on the 25th of November. EEK way too close for comfort.
Done:
Sent out invitations
Had first fitting for dress
Got FH's suit
Had last meeting with photog
had meeting with pastor & church
sent florist arrangement inspiration
paid final payment for the reception site
made final payment for honeymoon
ordered rings- still waiting for one
all bridesmaids have their dresses
got marriage license!!! (can do 60 days ahead in ohio)

Need to do:
Make appointment with hairstylist for trial and day of
have appointment with caterer
have last appointment with florist
make seating arrangements
make seating cards, favors, out of town guest bags, make direction information
have final fitting for dress
get fh's suit hemmed
get alcohol for reception and give to caterer
get votive candle stuffs
go to michael's, get manzanita branches

Yeah, I think that is pretty much it. Did I mention that I have finals right before my wedding? Oh the joys of grad school.

Ha! Yep had my secret shower on Sunday and it was wonderful! It was thrown by my SIL's and a couple of friends. They were wonderful! One of my gifts was Tinkerbell Bubble Bath! They know me so well. I guess it's because I'm threatening to get a Tink Tattoo on my "Disneymoon":tink:

Great list! I am going to have to take a look at it again when I get home. I had a few minutes to check this from work before I left but I am leavign early so I can go vote! Not for nothin but I love this process!:cheer2:

Hilary don't forget to PM me to let me know where you all are staying so that we can meet up for a drink at some point. I can't believe we are 6 weeks out. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hi everyone! I know I'm kind of late getting to this post, but I guess better late than never! :)

We're getting married on December 20th in New Orleans. Using holiday colors like burgundy, midnight blue, silver and gold. I'm so excited! I've always wanted a Christmas wedding!

We're going on our Disneymoon January 10-17, though. We have a lot of family that will be in town that will stay through the holidays, and it worked out better for us with our vacation time for work. I will miss all the GORGEOUS holiday decorations at DW though! :sad1: That is my favorite time of year to go!

Welcome! How exciting for December 20th in New Orleans! Love your colors too. Where are you getting married in New Orleans?

Hi Amberleigh!! Welcome. Christmas time in New Orleans sounds so romantic! Congratulations.

Yes, Esbrick I still need to PM you. Sorry, I will do it in the next few days, I swear.

HOLY COW - 3O DAYS AWAY!!!

Getting married in Vegas on December 6th and heading to WDW from there! We are counting the days until we see WDW for the first time!:banana:

We're actually getting married at Our Lady of Prompt Succor church in Westwego, LA (about 5 minutes outside New Orleans. It's the church I grew up in, and have always dreamed of getting married in!

Had a bit of a suit situation at the fitting last night but it worked out.

I confirmed all my vendors and dinner ressies for the HM this week.

I created a list with all our ressie info and confirm numbers, as well as the contact numbers for my vendors and allt he people I need to call to tell them my room #.

Alterations booked for me next Thursday.

Just need to mail the last of the guest info (doing that this weekend) and to write the vows.

After that- just packing :)

Done:

Rings ~ Mike hid mine but is wearing his on his right hand as it’s his dad’s wedding ring. I’m not sure if he is going to still use it and we may have to go looking

Invitations have arrived at my Mom and Dad’s and they are going to hopefully be send out this weekend

Tuxes are picked out and email has gone out to Groomsmen about fittings

Spoke with Florist this afternoon and Mom and I are meeting with him TG weekend to go over stuff

Bridesmaids have dresses and they have started fittings. I am taking my DSD next weekend for her first fitting and she is psyched!

NY is the same as OH when it comes to marriage licenses. We got ours when we were home a couple of weeks ago.

Need to:

Make travel arrangements to fly to NY for TG weekend

Make travel arrangements for the three of us to fly to NY the week of the wedding:laughing:

Go shopping at Costco for stuff for Hotel guest bags

Buy m&m’s with our date on them. They are our favorite candy! (Hmm may do that next!)

Order Unity candle/ have DSD make the holder

Write Vows

Pick important music

Make up Vendor Contact Info list ~ Thanks DHay! That is a GREAT idea!

Jeeze I didn't realize I had so much to do! Oh well only 36 days :yay: :yay: Oh my goodness! I'm so excited!:bride:

We are going to a neighborhood bar this eveing and I'm going to have a cheers :drinking1 to all of you that I have met! It's crunch time ladies and we're going to have a blast!:dance3:

36 days out. OMG. Seriously, I feel like I have so much stuff to do. AH! :scared:

The to do list I posted before still stands. Need to all of those things, PLUS my ring was shipped wednesday and arrived today. Earlier than expected, but it is HIDEOUS. So very ugly. It looks nothing like my engagement ring and nothing like the pictures I saw. The store I ordered from was very nice about it, but I just could not find another ring I liked with my engagement ring. :confused:

I have found rings that I like, but the real problem is that I'm allergic to them. I cannot find anything that I like (besides the ring I ordered) in palladium within our price range. FH suggested that I get an inexpensive palladium "stand in"- just a plain band. He promised to get me the right band for our first anniversary.

I'm sad, but feeling okay about it. At this point, if it is the only thing that goes wrong, I'll be fine. I can live with a plain band for a year or so.

oh no Hilary that's to bad! You have a great attitude about it though and you are abolutely right, if that is the only thing that goes wrong you are good to go!

I am doing an organizing weekend, I hope! I would like to just get some lists made up for day of and the vender phone numbers and figure out what's what! Plus I have to take down the Halloween decorations and start putting up the Thanksgiving and Christmas fun stuff!

Bring it on ladies! We're gonna have a great 5 weeks!

That is exciting!! Congrats.

I sent mine out back in October, but many of my relatives are from out of town.

I managed to make some progress on my favors. Christmas ornaments with our names and wedding date painted on them. I think they look nice, but I don't want them to turn out cheesy.

Oh I'm sure they will be just great! We are making a donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation in our guest's names for our favors, although I was thinking that it would be fun to put Jingle Bells at everyone's seat last night!:laughing:

We are having a civil ceremony so I was looking last night at how to incorporate a unity candle into that while I was writing up our programs. I need to be able to bring the program outline with me to NY TG week!

Last weekend I thought I was going to be able to do more but I caught a bad stomach flu. This weekend I have a luncheon with my boss' wife and the girls from work (no shower just lunch:) ) and I'm taking my s-daughter for her dress fitting! :banana: :banana: We both do the happy dance when we talk bout it! Ha!

Yahoo!:lovestruc

19 More Days! Holy Crapballs ladies! I have so much to do!

Cooking dinner for 15 on Thrusday and then flying to NY on Friday for a weekend with my parents. Friday going to confirm hair appts for bridal party; Final dress fitting on Saturday, meeting with the band on Saturday evening; Sunday meeting with the florist!

Over the weekend I went to pick up my Rehersal dinner dress, found out I need to have that resized; finally got Meg's Rehersal dinner outfit! Now I just need to find her some cute black boots!

We're almost there girls! Yahoo!:banana: :cheer2: :cool1:

We are getting so close. Holy cow. Can't handle it. I am so stressed out right now. So much to do plus finals. Please, somebody take me out of my misery. I'm so excited but so stressed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter