December 2007 Code Watch

Planning a Disney Trip is mind boggling?! Thanks to DISboards I am keeping some sanity:scared:

We are family of 5.

Our 1st stay was 12/15-12/23/2005. Paid big bucks even with our good air deal. Hoping to do better this time.

Any advice would be appreciated!:yay:

I am booking a package with Dining Plan thru AAA at POR (cheapest resort I could find w/ family of 5).

We stayed here last time & were happy with resort. Although the value resorts we could have 2 rooms (2 baths!) I don't want to chance being on opposite sides of the hotel & heard buses could be quite a wait.

If I understand correctly, my best bet for using a code is to book with AAA & then call AAA if I get a code -- Correct?

Planning a Disney Trip is mind boggling?! Thanks to DISboards I am keeping some sanity:scared:

We are family of 5.

Our 1st stay was 12/15-12/23/2005. Paid big bucks even with our good air deal. Hoping to do better this time.

Any advice would be appreciated!:yay:

I am booking a package with Dining Plan thru AAA at POR (cheapest resort I could find w/ family of 5).

We stayed here last time & were happy with resort. Although the value resorts we could have 2 rooms (2 baths!) I don't want to chance being on opposite sides of the hotel & heard buses could be quite a wait.

If I understand correctly, my best bet for using a code is to book with AAA & then call AAA if I get a code -- Correct?

If your party consists of you your husband and children you would be guaranteed adjoining rooms. You can also use your code even if you book through AAA. That is what my agent told me, but i have never gotten a personal code:sad2: Keep an eye out for general codes though, the AAA agents do not know about them until they are already out, but if you know when one is specifically coming out through the boards here or somewhere you can call you agent give her the date it is coming out and she will call for you that morning. (This is what my agent told me). Oh yeah, you may want to price the family suite at the Music VAlue it has two bathrooms.;)

I am going Nov 29-Dec 6 and hoping for a discount so we can add on a day or two!!! I am hoping and hoping lol

If anyone knows of anything plese share!!

Thanks so much!
Kim
:tinker: :mickeyjum ::MinnieMo :donald:

Subscribing too...currently have a AAA discount for the Contemporary garden $269/night. Hoping for better! Fingers crossed...everything crossed! LOL

Kim - OK, now I'm in a tizzy 'cuz I'm paying $292 AAA for a garden room at the Contemporary for those dates. I think, though, that I'm the next step up from the lowest category b/c it was sold-out when I called...

When did you reserve?

Thanks!

We are booked for 12/9-12/16 and used a discount code rate. We are booked at POR. This will be our first time on site and our fourth trip to Disney!!:cool1:

If anyone gets a code that is valid for 12/8 please let me know. We are thinking of adding a day on to our vacation:banana:

Hi Lurkyloo...

I booked 2 weeks ago...March 12th it was I think. I am not in the tower and my dates are Nov. 29th - Dec. 8th. AAA discount was 15% off...which brought it to around 259.00 a night ...orignal price was 305.00 a night. Really hope a discounted package comes out or something...still happy with 259.00 though. 2 years ago we stayed off site at the Mariott/timeshare. Great place...but the amount I paid for my rental car...I could have stayed on-site. So pretty happy at the moment.

Happy Planning....

I am subcribing also. Hoping for something December 15th or so!!

Subscribing for 12-6. New to the board and been lurking for many weeks. Hello everyone!

What is a "good price"? Can any of you Veterens let me know...

I am looking at 12/14-12/22 (8 nights). 8 day ticket with Dining Plan, Park Hooper and staying at POR. Family of 5 (2 A 3 Kids DS12, DS 7,DD 6).

The lowest price I've gotten is thru AAA for $3,422.32. Is this a good price?

Is the hopper worth the extra cost? We've been to Disney in Dec 2005 and enjoyed going to Epcot a few times for the evening show. Outside of this little treat I don't think we'd be doing any other "Hopper" activities.

The Dining Plan will cost approx $139/day.

We would like to fly to Orlando. I rationalized staying on property with Dining Plan & not renting an auto is our best deal financially with the December park hours & the kids being of an age that can go from Park openning to closing.

Of course I'll keep looking for codes, but need some reassurance that I am on the right track.:scared:

Andrea, where is Bristol Pa if you don't mind me asking? It sounds familiar, I'm near Scranton :) We are going 12/11 - 12/18 staying at the WL, I am so excited, but December still seems SOOOOOOOOOO far away. Wjere are you flying out of? were were going to fly from Phili, but it is a tiny bit cheaper to fly from Avoca, and then we don't have to worry about leaving the night before and staying a night in Phili. The only thing is now we will have a layover in Atlanta, but it's still better than driving to Phili.

pricewise, we booked through AAA as well. We are a family of 5 as well, but my parents are going with us, we requested connecting rooms 2 adults in each room, and 2 kids in one room and one in the other room. Our package at the WL is 3614 and my parents is 3414 then we have the air which was 238 a person...which includes all the taxes and whatnot...

hope that helped a bit

Andrea, where is Bristol Pa if you don't mind me asking? It sounds familiar, I'm near Scranton :) Wjere are you flying out of?

pricewise, we booked through AAA as well. Our package at the WL is 3614 and my parents is 3414 then we have the air which was 238 a person...which includes all the taxes and whatnot...

hope that helped a bit

We are in Lower Bucks County.

We are flying out of Philly. US Air fares dropped this weekend. Fares w/ taxes are $1086 roundtrip for the 5 of us. Last time we went (Dec 2005) I we paid just over $800 for air, so I was hoping for better...

Our total (air/POR/8 day w/ hopper & dining/insurance) is $4629

Non-rush hour we can get to the airport in 45 minutes. We are fortunate to have family members drive us so we don't need to leave a vehicle there.

I would love to figure out how we can afford to go each year!

Can't talk DH into August even if free dining were offerred & with SW air at $49 :confused3

Is the hopper worth the extra cost? We've been to Disney in Dec 2005 and enjoyed going to Epcot a few times for the evening show. Outside of this little treat I don't think we'd be doing any other "Hopper" activities.

Since you're going to be there when the holiday crowds are ramping up, you might want to consider hoppers so you can move around from park to park to avoid crowds.

We've got hoppers again for our December trip just because I know we'll go over to Epcot any evening we aren't wiped out, lol.

Andrea! that is a great price for airfare, considering the prices out there now. It's amazing how much things go up in price over the course of a year or two.

I forgot to add that we are doing the hopper tickets with dinning too. The hopper part was a must for me. some days you may want to go to a different park in the evening or afternoon than the one you started out at in the morning. It really is worth every penny.:)

Called last night to change my ressie at BWI. I ask the CM is she knew of any disc coming out for Dec. She said as of right now it was scheduled for the end of Aug. She said she could not give me the date or what kind of disc but told me to be sure and call back at the end of Aug to add disc to my package. We have planned this trip without our kids knowing that we are staying at the BWI deluxe.

So just a little heads up that from what I was told last night that there will be a disc in dec....

Jeff

Just wanted to pass this info on....I'm from Bucks County PA too...got my tickets today from Continental...non-stop $138/rt out of Newark, NJ. It's about another 25 minutes further than Philly...but I thought worth the savings. Booked the air today right at the Continental website. Hope this info helps someone!

Happy Planning!

Subscribing, too. We were scheduled to go in May, but BOTH of our vehicles broke down this week! It's costing over $1,000 for both:(

We don't want to go in the hot, crowded summer months, so June, July and August are out. We also don't want to go during hurricane season since we're driving. That leaves Sept, Oct, and Nov out. *sigh*

Our next available travels dates would then be December 1-7. I heard from a TA that Disney usually offers a discount during the early weeks of Dec. She said we may be able to get a room at a deluxe for 40% off. Sounds good. I'd love to stay at GF is it's a good enough deal. I hate putting off our vacation for so many months, but I guess we have to :(:(:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter