Debt Dumpers - 2019

My daily use credit card bumped my limit another 2k. That's a 6k jump in less than a year

Jokes on them, I haven't paid a penny in interest.

It's not about interest. Giving you a larger credit line means you can charge more every month, raking in merchant fees for them.

jealous of all you who have done your taxes- here companies have till the end of Feb to dustribute tax forms and of course mine waits always till the last day

jealous of all you who have done your taxes- here companies have till the end of Feb to dustribute tax forms and of course mine waits always till the last day

DH isn't getting one of his 1099s until Feb 15, so still waiting on that. I'm confident that means the fed govt will shut down that day. I might file mine middle of this week since I don't think I'm getting anything else.

I'm finally here to join in on the 2019 debt dumping wagon!

My raise ended up being a bit more than I was expecting so that was a nice surprise. I reworked my spreadsheet and am optimistic that I can make some good progress this year. I've already filed my taxes and broke even - owing $49 to federal and getting $49 back from the state.

Also, along with my raise, I was excited to find out last month that my work will be sending me to a conference in France this August! My sister is actually planning to join me and we plan to hit Disneyland Paris for a one night stay and hopefully two park days before flying back home.

Feeling very optimistic about this new year... and of course that means that I need to knock on wood right now since it was this time last year that I found out I needed to move and my life was upended for awhile by that entire fiasco plus the substantial increase in rent.... Okay, I've knocked on wood and am ready to join you all here!

Finished taxes this weekend. Owed $12 less than last year but still had to pay in $230, which isn't horrible. Have been staying pretty on track for the most part. Trying to really just buckle down and be ready for Disney next month.

Finished taxes this weekend. Owed $12 less than last year but still had to pay in $230, which isn't horrible. Have been staying pretty on track for the most part. Trying to really just buckle down and be ready for Disney next month.
Our taxes are on pause waiting for forms and amended W2, we don't usually file until March anyway.

I am going to Disney in April. There are so many extras to do there I want to do, extra park days to buy, EMM, DAH, and this weekend I was looking at the evening safari experience thinking that looked great. Would love to do the scuba dive there again, I did that a very long time ago, just don't have the time/resources to dive trips anymore and the park is an easy place to do it, family already there. Anyway, my point is beyond the regular park time there are so many extras I'd like to and really want to do, and trying not to buy into, despite how really great it's looking to be able to do these extras!

Our taxes are on pause waiting for forms and amended W2, we don't usually file until March anyway.

I am going to Disney in April. There are so many extras to do there I want to do, extra park days to buy, EMM, DAH, and this weekend I was looking at the evening safari experience thinking that looked great. Would love to do the scuba dive there again, I did that a very long time ago, just don't have the time/resources to dive trips anymore and the park is an easy place to do it, family already there. Anyway, my point is beyond the regular park time there are so many extras I'd like to and really want to do, and trying not to buy into, despite how really great it's looking to be able to do these extras!

There are so many extra things I want to do and I am loving all the snack merchandise that is out now so I want to buy it all! I keep telling myself that March is the budget trip and we can do more things when we go back in December. I just have to be patient and content...things I struggle with!

The business card that I applied DH for, Chase Ink Cash, is now showing up in his online account, so that means he got approved! We will be putting about $5k on this card for basement expenses. It gets us 12 months 0% plus about $860 in UR points (when redeemed with my CSR)! YAY!

There are so many extra things I want to do and I am loving all the snack merchandise that is out now so I want to buy it all! I keep telling myself that March is the budget trip and we can do more things when we go back in December. I just have to be patient and content...things I struggle with!

when you go in march snap pictures with your phone of all the *snack merchandise and extras that catch your eye-along with the prices for them. after you get home and as you start more intensively planning your december trip refer back to those photos and start running the numbers for how much they would have added up to if you had just gone w/your impulses and bought them. you may decide some aren't as appealing while others provide more value. heck you may not want any of it-it's kind of like putting a bunch of stuff into your cart on amazon and letting it sit for a day or two-then going back and removing most if not all b/c they were in the moment wants and now the moment has passed.

*what is snack merchandise? i'm just envisioning the same old disney snacks (likely in smaller portions) but in new packaging to justify a massive price increase.

when you go in march snap pictures with your phone of all the *snack merchandise and extras that catch your eye-along with the prices for them. after you get home and as you start more intensively planning your december trip refer back to those photos and start running the numbers for how much they would have added up to if you had just gone w/your impulses and bought them. you may decide some aren't as appealing while others provide more value. heck you may not want any of it-it's kind of like putting a bunch of stuff into your cart on amazon and letting it sit for a day or two-then going back and removing most if not all b/c they were in the moment wants and now the moment has passed.

*what is snack merchandise? i'm just envisioning the same old disney snacks (likely in smaller portions) but in new packaging to justify a massive price increase.
They have made “stuffed animal” versions of popular snack items.

They have made “stuffed animal” versions of popular snack items.

Stuffed animals, shirts, hats, mickey ears, light-up necklaces, toys...there's a whole section in World of Disney of snack stuff as of last week. It's stuff like donuts, churros, mickey head ice cream...

Good idea. It is snack themed merchandise- snack themed clothing, dishes, etc.

Good idea. It is snack themed merchandise- snack themed clothing, dishes, etc.
Wow, I didn't know about this. I'll see when I go.
The business card that I applied DH for, Chase Ink Cash, is now showing up in his online account, so that means he got approved! We will be putting about $5k on this card for basement expenses. It gets us 12 months 0% plus about $860 in UR points (when redeemed with my CSR)! YAY!
That's great! Can't beat 0% not to mention getting a lot of UR points!

Guys, I don’t know what I did to deserve this karma right now, but man! Got a flat tire on the way home from DS’ track senior night. Will have to call AAA in the morning (luckily I made it home) and will have to work from home tomorrow to deal with it. I took today off to deal with some stuff with the kitchen repairs and to renew my drivers license (3.5 hours’ wait!) and have meetings all the rest of this week that I really need to be in office for, but tomorrow’s I can call into. If they need my car longer, I can use the one DS drives this week because the kids have no sports right now, so they can take the bus home. But seriously, I am DONE.

My daily use credit card bumped my limit another 2k. That's a 6k jump in less than a year

Jokes on them, I haven't paid a penny in interest.

Also, I finally filed my taxes. After paying to file them, I'll be getting a bit over 2300 back.

I can't decide what I want to do with it though.

Umm... pay off debt?
;)

Guys, I don’t know what I did to deserve this karma right now, but man! Got a flat tire on the way home from DS’ track senior night. Will have to call AAA in the morning (luckily I made it home) and will have to work from home tomorrow to deal with it. I took today off to deal with some stuff with the kitchen repairs and to renew my drivers license (3.5 hours’ wait!) and have meetings all the rest of this week that I really need to be in office for, but tomorrow’s I can call into. If they need my car longer, I can use the one DS drives this week because the kids have no sports right now, so they can take the bus home. But seriously, I am DONE.

:hug: :shamrock:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter