DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Monday folks. Or so I hear.
When you're a shift worker, days of the week mean very little.
Still... hoping the rest of ya'll are peeling open your eyes in a less than bleary state. :)

'Morning all...
Saw my optometrist this morning.
Seems I'm still blind as a bat...
So what else is new?

May the week ahead treat you all more kindly than usual.

Still... hoping the rest of ya'll are peeling open your eyes in a less than bleary state. :)
ZZZZZZZzzzzz.....huh? what? Oh, must've been dreaming. zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Evening boys from a sunny London. Palace/Liverpool on the box, so @unclescrooge_0707 must be like Two Face right now. Palace are having a right go, which is nice to see. Lady K at book club, kids in bed. DS just had a meltdown that when he moves out, he's gonna see me less. Tears and the hyper-ventilating thing where they talk at the same time through the crying. I have no idea where that one has come from. On the flip side, the curly haired ninja would probably move out tomorrow if she could cook. I drove for the first time since my achilles blew, so thats another little bit of progress.

Or a SAHD..........
Me as well mate. I'm so short sighted the gov't pays for my eye tests. Apparently my eyes are too big for my head. Which was a distinct advantage in my my misspent youth, chasing chickies.
Sitting in a rocking chair on the porch where I am enjoying the view.
Enjoy those Jersey Jigglies mate. Have you left that chair yet?
Had a nice 3-0 win in soccer last night, only another 4 games until the playoffs begin.
Nice scoreline. Are you in the playoffs? In contention?

have a good evening fellas.

Evening boys from a sunny London. Palace/Liverpool on the box, so @unclescrooge_0707 must be like Two Face right now. Palace are having a right go, which is nice to see. Lady K at book club, kids in bed. DS just had a meltdown that when he moves out, he's gonna see me less. Tears and the hyper-ventilating thing where they talk at the same time through the crying. I have no idea where that one has come from. On the flip side, the curly haired ninja would probably move out tomorrow if she could cook. I drove for the first time since my achilles blew, so thats another little bit of progress.

it's not 2-face. I'm a L'pool fan. I just cheer for Palace because that team shares a name with a restaurant inside the Magic Kingdom. BUT, if I were able to watch Monday Night Football, i'd be cheering for LFC.

Today I had an eye appointment. I dislike those, because even with insurance, it's ridiculously expensive. And unlike things like Golf or Cable TV, I legitimately *need* glasses in order to work.

I dislike spending money. I hate it even more when the $ I have to spend feels like it's something that because i HAVE to buy it, the company ups the price.

WDW charges a premium for their stuff. I do not have to go. I pay the inflated fees because I *choose* to.
Glasses have inflated prices because everyone agrees they can get away with it. And that I dislike.
Sure, there are economics at play, and one may say I should start manufacturing my own glasses, and NOT charge $225/pair. But then, the international conglomerate that already manufactures ever other glasses brand would put me out of business.
#tangent

I am scheduled for my one day in the parks on January 12. I'm going to 3-park hop at AK, DHS, and Epcot. And that's MK day for the DisDad Convention. My scheduling sucks.

it's not 2-face. I'm a L'pool fan. I just cheer for Palace because that team shares a name with a restaurant inside the Magic Kingdom. BUT, if I were able to watch Monday Night Football, i'd be cheering for LFC.
Ah OK, sorry mate. I misunderstood, I thought you supported both. I won't spoil the result in case you haven't seen it.

Happy Monday. Accomplished quite a bit today, probably enough to take the rest of the week off. :lmao:

Morning all, Monday is upon us once again.

Had a nice 3-0 win in soccer last night, only another 4 games until the playoffs begin.

The Canadian Premier League Championships start early this year. Penguins must need the pitch for ice skating? Good luck.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Another Monday so enjoy the week. "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney

I dream of an adamantium skeleton, razor sharp claws, and instant healing. Nope, it didn't work. :lmao:

Break on thru to the other side.

'Morning all...
So what else is new?

Still winning the bet with my optometrist and not wearing reading glasses.

Enjoy those Jersey Jigglies mate. Have you left that chair yet?

Why would he? :goodvibes:goodvibes

Well, other than maybe for 3 minutes. :lmao:

Nice scoreline. Are you in the playoffs? In contention?

2nd spot so far, pretty much locked up a playoff spot.

The Canadian Premier League Championships start early this year. Penguins must need the pitch for ice skating? Good luck.

At this point in the year we only play once a week so it will be until the end of September until the playoffs start.

Me as well mate. I'm so short sighted the gov't pays for my eye tests. Apparently my eyes are too big for my head. Which was a distinct advantage in my my misspent youth, chasing chickies.
d95af768f01311fbea3ead72ff6f45e6--marty-feldman-young-frankenstein.jpg

Good morning all. Just when I get the oldest dd driving and it's no more early morning swim practice trips for me, youngest dd now has weights/ conditioning two days a week before HS at 6 AM. Ugh.

Top O the Mornin Dads!
Although I'm still not happy at all regarding the FP fiasco...

31 days until we leave
33 days until we check in

That is all.
Enjoy the 1 month mark of your countdown. Here’s hoping the visit will more than offset the challenges you had.
Good morning all. Just when I get the oldest dd driving and it's no more early morning swim practice trips for me, youngest dd now has weights/ conditioning two days a week before HS at 6 AM. Ugh.
Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter