DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We watched most of the first episode (we had recorded it, but it started late, so missed the last 10 minutes or so) and it looked okay.
But then when it said episode 2 was on ... whatever. some all access channel. Nope!
A nope is precisely what I was giving it.
The write ups looked interesting, but ain't no way I'm paying extra to only one network for only one offering.
Sooner or later it'll hit syndication and I'll catch it on something like Netflix (assuming I still feel like it at the time).

Humidity at 81% at 10 am.
Yeah, that's not good...
Days when you can actually grab a hand full of air are best spent indoors.

'Afternoon all...
Good to see that everyone is still well or pretty much mended.

Enjoyed a nice bit of time off.
I can report that the SC coast is still there (most of it at least).
I can also report that leaving it was not at the top of the list of things I wanted to be doing.
Too bad I'm addicted to having a pay-check...

Welcome home! Or rather, sorry you had to come back.

It seems that before you are born, your spirit has to travel around the various departments in heaven to collect up the attributes that will make you who you are. Apparently when my brother got to the Department of Patience, he saw that the line was entirely too long to suit him, so he skipped it all together and just went back for a second helping of temper.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

And, thanks for temp translation. 52 doesn't sound good, but better than 11. We were in the 90s this weekend. So much for Fall weather here.

Same here. Been trying to plant grass seed on all the dead spots (and there are a lot of them) in my front yard. These temps aren't helping.

Sorry. I'm the guy.
You know... the one guy who hasn't see Game of Thrones. Ever.

Correction --- 1 of 2 of us.

Me three...

I don't pay extra for "premium channels"
Won't be paying extra to see the new Star Trek either.
Interesting or not, it's just television...

I don't pay for premium channels, either. There's just too much TV to keep up with. If I really want to watch something, they all have free previews from time to time anyway.

Had a wee health scare this morning. Won't go into details, but things seem fine for now.

:scared1: Glad you're ok. Hope you stay that way.

Then the kid set off the alarm and somehow managed to send a code to the alarm company saying "Yes, actually we are being robbed, please send police." Luckily the company called first to verify so I was able to nip that one in the bud.

:sad2: I'm picturing the end of Christmas Vacation here.

I don't pay for premium channels, either. There's just too much TV to keep up with. If I really want to watch something, they all have free previews from time to time anyway.

I had dish network, but I got rid of them about 3 years ago. Long story, but suffice it to say they've lost my business for good. Went to HD antenna on house for local stuff/news/etc. Netflix and hulu for everything else. Stopped hulu after about a year...didn't use it much and still had commercials which irked me. Also have Amazon prime, so...still way more than I can watch anyway and saving $85 a month.

I'm considering possible adding slingTV because at least then the wife could have HGTV. I liked discovery channel, but I'm okay with not having it too.

Sorry. I'm the guy.

Another no GoT here.

Morning gents. Eventful day here already.
Had a wee health scare this morning. Won't go into details, but things seem fine for now.
Then the kid set off the alarm and somehow managed to send a code to the alarm company saying "Yes, actually we are being robbed, please send police." Luckily the company called first to verify so I was able to nip that one in the bud.

Hello. This is the alarm company. Do you really want the police because you're being held hostage, or should we not send them? :scared1:

Afternoon chaps from a pleasant and Sunny London. Day 2. 4 mile run, Costco and Kids swimming. Kids not broke yet. That is all. As you were.

4 mile run? You put the kids on your back there, Yoda? :lmao:

You run the front of house and keep the books and my Missus and I will run the kitchen.
Well, it's a thought..

Great idea. Let's go.

Happy Tuesday. Still hot here. Almost single digits for Fall Break. I am ready now.

I had dish network, but I got rid of them about 3 years ago. Long story, but suffice it to say they've lost my business for good. Went to HD antenna on house for local stuff/news/etc. Netflix and hulu for everything else. Stopped hulu after about a year...didn't use it much and still had commercials which irked me. Also have Amazon prime, so...still way more than I can watch anyway and saving $85 a month.

We do Netflix, too. I am so happy to not have to watch commercials. It kills regular tv for me.

Correction --- 1 of 2 of us.
Me three...
So I'm the Billy No Mates then. We get it as part of our package.
Can't wait to see what time you call it on Friday. ;)
I can be persuaded......
Won't go into details, but things seem fine for now.
Hope this situation keeps positive mate.

Watching the last night's Cubs Cardinals on catch up, feel sorry for the guy who lost his nachos. Kudos to Russell for going and having a selfie with him though. And bringing him more nachos.

Have a great Tues evening fellas.

So I'm the Billy No Mates then. We get it as part of our package.
Guess this is a British saying...never heard that one before. I'm thinking if we have something here similar and the best I can come up with is lone wolf.

Watching the last night's Cubs Cardinals on catch up, feel sorry for the guy who lost his nachos. Kudos to Russell for going and having a selfie with him though. And bringing him more nachos.
I won't tell you the outcome then. I honestly didn't recall STL had that short of walls there...just glad Addie didn't get hurt. (except maybe his pride)

Glad you're ok. Hope you stay that way.

Monitoring. Hoping for a once and done.

:laughing:

Another no GoT here.

Welcome to the club!

Hello. This is the alarm company. Do you really want the police because you're being held hostage, or should we not send them? :scared1:

::yes::
They do need a code... but if I was a robber.... "Yep. Have the code right here.... no, wait... where did I put it? Hang on. Mary! Where's the code? Oh, she says it's in the safe, hold on another minute..."

I'm considering possible adding slingTV because at least then the wife could have HGTV. I liked discovery channel, but I'm okay with not having it too.

I've thought about cutting the cord for years, but I always get stuck on live sports. That's where they've got me. I watch a lot of the local teams.

Got kinda chatty around here the past few days. That'l teach me for not checking in regularly
Enjoy the weekend with the college kid. How is he doing anyway?
And you mate, enjoy the time with the boy. How's he getting on at College?
Thanks guys, he's doing good with class work and we are luck as he pretty much has his act together. I think he misses not having his big sister there with him like last year though. He's a bit of an introvert so i think he needs to mingle and get out more but what do I know........
I think my new favourite show is College Gameday Live, I just watched it & they are in Times Sq. That's going on the planner as a DVR regular.....
Best pre-game show for sure no with the departure of Chris Berman and the long running Sunday NFL Game Day & Prime Time gone.
Went to museum opening as dd likes art and cousin is VP at local museum. Local distillery giving out samples for promotion, and i highly recommend O.Z.Tyler Bourbon (original). I tried honey and it was ok, but not as good as original.
Will add that to my list - thanks for the tip
Morning guys. Feeling back near 100% and what a difference it makes in attitude. Have some calls to make and set up a doctor's appointment. Will be taking on the branches on the deck later in the afternoon when it gets a little cooler.
Good to hear you are doing better. Make that Dr appointment just to get checked out.
'Afternoon all...
Good to see that everyone is still well or pretty much mended.

Enjoyed a nice bit of time off.
I can report that the SC coast is still there (most of it at least).
I can also report that leaving it was not at the top of the list of things I wanted to be doing.
Too bad I'm addicted to having a pay-check...
Welcome back I guess and glad you had a good trip.
Morning Guys,

The heatwave continues! I won't translate the temperature for you but let's just go with a Scorcher!

Have a good one.
Looks like a couple more days here in the high 80's but getting down to highs in the low 70's starting this weekend to bring in the fall weather for good.
Morning gents. Eventful day here already.
Glad to hear the health scare is nothing. Damn alarm systems - we had ours alert the police once but there was never even a peep in the house.
'Morning all...

I'd say more, but it's kind'a quite down this way.
(so long as you don't look at any kind of media that is...)
Ain't that the truth
You run the front of house and keep the books and my Missus and I will run the kitchen.
Well, it's a thought...
Count me in, say we just name it "Dad's Place"?
:rotfl2:

Have a great Tues evening fellas.
Yea Russell bringing him another order of nachos was pretty cool but eliminating the Cardinals from the division last night, in St Louis, was the best. Only thing gonna be better is clinching the Division in St Louis!

I despise going to the doctor. Set a 3:00 appointment. Since I am a new patient they asked me to come in at 2:30 to do the paperwork. Get there on time. At 20 till 5 I was still in the waiting room and they had no idea when I was a going to see the doctor. I left and set up an appointment for tomorrow morning. I'M STEAMING!

I despise going to the doctor. Set a 3:00 appointment. Since I am a new patient they asked me to come in at 2:30 to do the paperwork. Get there on time. At 20 till 5 I was still in the waiting room and they had no idea when I was a going to see the doctor. I left and set up an appointment for tomorrow morning. I'M STEAMING!

Time to find a new doctor. I make the first appointment of thr day. If they don't have it, then i wait until there is an opening. I'll take whatever when I'm sick, but not that long.

Time to find a new doctor. I make the first appointment of thr day. If they don't have it, then i wait until there is an opening. I'll take whatever when I'm sick, but not that long.

After i get get checked out, I don't expect this will be a long term relationship.

If there are any Drs on this list (not counting my nickname), sorry in advance...

I despise doctors as well. They feel it's okay to make you wait hours on end, but if you're late they want to charge you an arm and a leg. I realize you went to medical school, but I'M THE BEVERLY CUSTOMER!!!! If I'm supposed to be on time, it's only proper you should be as well. I left once and they said I'd be charged a no show. I looked at the receptionist and said I've shown for the last 2 hours, it's the doctor who didn't show, send me a check for their no show fee and walked out.

So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague? Without fail every year two or three weeks after school starts (ie. now) the entire house comes down with a cold. Both DDs were in bed with fever, sore throats and stuffy nose this past weekend. I felt the dreaded sore throat coming on last night and it's progressed through the day. Having too busy a week at work to take a sick day, but I may need to, depending how things go.

I'd like somewhere in the middle of that, please.
Our temp today was pretty much in the middle, 19C when I got off work (I'm too tired to translate that), but it was cloudy and threatened rain. I managed to get a few porkchops on the grill for supper. It's cooling off a bit over the next few days.

Another no GoT here.
I saw all the shows until this past season. When I worked overseas the episodes could be...ahem...aquired for free. I don't do that kind of thing at home, I just don't want the risk getting a nasty-gram from the cable company about illegal downloads. So I didn't see this season either. I wasn't that broken up about it.

So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague? Without fail every year two or three weeks after school starts (ie. now) the entire house comes down with a cold. Both DDs were in bed with fever, sore throats and stuffy nose this past weekend. I felt the dreaded sore throat coming on last night and it's progressed through the day. Having too busy a week at work to take a sick day, but I may need to, depending how things go.

DW had a pretty good cold, like always, and she is still getting over it. DS fought it off but he did have a bit of a cold. I stay away from them at the start of the school year.

Morning, my hairy chested brethren. All is well in London. Day 3. 003.5 got a right rollicking last night after swimming for not listening to her teacher. Another 4 miles running done today. As of next week the little one is at school full time, so I'll have 6 hours on my hands.

Guess this is a British saying...never heard that one before. I'm thinking if we have something here similar and the best I can come up with is lone wolf.
That's because y'all are so friendly.
We do Netflix, too. I am so happy to not have to watch commercials. It kills regular tv for me.
But how would you know what to order from your Doctor?
Count me in, say we just name it "Dad's Place"?
"Dad's Place. Stay a while. Just don't touch the thermostat." Can I be head of marketing?
I'M STEAMING!
I'd see a doctor about that CJ.
So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague?
Without Jinxing it, not really. They tend to pick up the snots from soft play places. Those things are like putrefaction dishes. Hope you feel better.
When I worked overseas the episodes could be...ahem...aquired for free.
Oh fine, break the law in my jurisdiction.

May your day be full of fast passes and dole whips.

Morning All,

the heatwave is starting to go away, the temps have come down a bit for today and more for tomorrow. Which will be nice as I get to play golf for the second time this year tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and Cj actually gets to see a doctor today.

Morning, my hairy chested brethren. All is well in London. Day 3. 003.5 got a right rollicking last night after swimming for not listening to her teacher. Another 4 miles running done today. As of next week the little one is at school full time, so I'll have 6 hours on my hands.

Is that from chasing the kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter