DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Much preferable than my SIL's place in Savannah but she would cut the kid out of the will if we skipped her house. In fact, we are thinking about driving up there next month to see the eclipse.
Savannah would be a decent base of operations, but you'll have to come farther north to be in the shadow.
We intend to be in Charleston that weekend to partake of a bit of the hospitality, then on the 21st I'll be sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of Brittlebank Park, camera at the ready and solar-filter glasses in hand. I've a couple extra pairs of glasses available if you find me in the park there all yours.

Everything is good. It is aptitude testing. You can google them for more info. It is a 6 hour series of individualized tests, comparing intelligence, interests, and aptitudes, with some career or education recommendations. Back story - this was how GE originally tested new employees to match them with best job.

They do all sorts of tests - hand-eye, listening, colors, vocabulary, etc. She had her lunch break and said she scored really high on the hand-eye coordination test. The instructor commented that was in the surgeon range. My daughter laughed since she can't stand seeing blood. More tests this afternoon and Final results tomorrow.
Interesting...
First I've ever heard of this, much less to see that there are multiple centers all over the US.
Of course it's entirely too late now to be subjecting my young'en to such, but it is interesting.

20023924_10213956127005506_7986037806367455527_o-jpg.254004
Nice image; everyone is just beaming.
Congrats again.

And that's one lovely chapel for a wedding.
Where was this?

Me to colleague: So I have to take next Thursday and Friday off to go to Florida.
Co-Worker: <Massive Eye Roll> Are you going to Disney again, don't you do anything else?
Me to colleague: Actually my grandfather passed away so I'm going to Florida for the funeral.
Co-Worker: <Very embarassed> I'm so sorry.
Me: And since we are going to be in Florida, I thought we'd go to Disney World for a couple of days...
Sorry about your grandfather passing
Nice image; everyone is just beaming.
Congrats again.

And that's one lovely chapel for a wedding.
Where was this?
Thank you sir. Was held at a place called Mint Springs Farm that is like an all inclusive wedding facility. Rooms for the wedding party to get ready, chapel, outdoor patio for cocktail hour and then the main reception building. Place is about 20 minutes from our house. Included DJ, caterer / food, flowers, decor, cake and a planner for DW & DD. Not cheap, but like DW keeps telling me only got one daughter and it was worth it, they did a fantastic job. Here's a link of the place http://www.mintspringsfarm.net/

OK boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. I cannot in all faith besmirch a Princess' reputation on Tuesday and do a meet and greet on Friday, so I'll leave it there. Have a great week chaps I'll see you on the other side with a couple of cranky kids. I'll be the one wandering round the Poly at 5:00am Thurs because the kids are awake on UK time.
London out.
Safe travels.

I'm usually awake around 6 AM. You can buy me a drink if they are serving that early. :drinking1 :lmao:
The greatest of all American past times.... Day drinking

Oh well, as DW said only got 1 daughter.
Yeah, I got 2 and I don't think DW is gonna let me off any cheaper. My only hope is that one of them becomes a nun or something.

Is the extraction team still available?
images

We are on the way

Morning Guys,

we have hit the hot and sticky days of July up here. Good days to work inside.

Busy couple of weeks up here at the office. Trying to wrap a bunch of things up before heading off to the Canada Games in Winnipeg next week. I'll be there "working" from July 27th to August 14th. If anyone sees @pkondz tell him to drop me a note and we'll see if we can facilitate a DisDad meet.

Safe travels to all of you headed to the World right now. Seems like there will be a few of you there so there should be lots of updates flying around.

Hope everyone is well.

Extraction team too late, and a lot of presidents were lost. :sad2:

We are waiting for our results conference. I'm thinking her talents may be something to do with water (swimming, scuba) and young children, like a school teacher. Let's see how i do.

Or, if trophy wife is available, she can handle. She has exceptional at getting out of work. :lmao:

Speech-a-fyin

Great pictures there, fa

Interesting...
First I've ever heard of this, much less to see that there are multiple centers all over the US.
Of course it's entirely too late now to be subjecting my young'en to such, but it is interesting.

Maybe not. My cousin retired in his 50s (because he's a genius and has lots of money) and turned me onto this. He did the test for himself first, and then for all his children, two of which were in their 20s. It makes sense - if you work where you are interested, and have the aptitude for it - then you'll be successful and not hate going to work. Which is me at one of my jobs. I'm debating taking the test next year while i wait for my youngest to be 14 so she can take it.

::yes::

:drinking1

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I'll be there "working" from July 27th to August 14th. If anyone sees @pkondz tell him to drop me a note and we'll see if we can facilitate a DisDad meet.

actually, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Just been too busy to get here lately. I've got a whole bunch of threads (including my own!) that I'm way behind on, but slowly catching up.
I'm going to be out of town for the first few days of your visit, but yeah! Let's meet up.
I'll shoot you a PM and we can work out some details. :)

Top O the Mornin Dads! Is it me or is this week just dragging? Looking for pics (probably easier on the other place) from those hitting Poly & DaWorld.
Nice one Mike, they look very happy. As do you. I like the one of you and the missus
Thanks, it was a great day.
Yeah, I got 2 and I don't think DW is gonna let me off any cheaper. My only hope is that one of them becomes a nun or something.
Start the Day Drinking now with 2 girls :thumbsup2 Seriously, It seems like more and more the parents of the groom are pitching in these days with associated costs, I was not so lucky. You do what you can financially do and that's it.
Morning Guys,

we have hit the hot and sticky days of July up here. Good days to work inside.

Busy couple of weeks up here at the office. Trying to wrap a bunch of things up before heading off to the Canada Games in Winnipeg next week. I'll be there "working" from July 27th to August 14th. If anyone sees @pkondz tell him to drop me a note and we'll see if we can facilitate a DisDad meet.

Safe travels to all of you headed to the World right now. Seems like there will be a few of you there so there should be lots of updates flying around.

Hope everyone is well.
Safe travels, that's a long trip but beats being in the office. Any family able to go with you for a few days of that?
Extraction team too late, and a lot of presidents were lost. :sad2:

We are waiting for our results conference. I'm thinking her talents may be something to do with water (swimming, scuba) and young children, like a school teacher. Let's see how i do.

Or, if trophy wife is available, she can handle. She has exceptional at getting out of work. :lmao:
You're on vacation, losing presidents pretty much comes with the territory. Keep us posted on the aptitude results sounds interesting.

Just been too busy to get here lately. I've got a whole bunch of threads (including my own!) that I'm way behind on, but slowly catching up.
I'm going to be out of town for the first few days of your visit, but yeah! Let's meet up.

Sounds good.

T

Safe travels, that's a long trip but beats being in the office. Any family able to go with you for a few days of that?

No family. This will be my 7th time at Canada Games. The first three time I was coaching and only there for about 8 days but since I took this position in 2010 I go for the entire games as part of my job. The days tend to run in the 15 hour range but most of it is watching the teams I'm assigned to and making sure they are good to go. End up with a lot of social media posts, reporting results, schedules and pictures. I wouldn't get to spend much time with DW and DS if they came along. We were hoping DS was going to be here competing but he just missed out. If he had made the team, they both would have travelled out.

I've been able to enjoy the visual attractions in Atlanta. I thought i could see the color of a woman's thong underneath her yoga pants. Life in the big city.
Just don't get caught looking!

Wedding pictures became available - over 600, this is gonna cost me more money .......... Oh well, as DW said only got 1 daughter. Have a good one fellas.
Lovely pictures. I really like the venue for the reception. One of these days I will feel the financial pain of marrying off daughters, and I have two. Although the oldest is a step-daughter, so maybe the "other father" will help a bit with that...maybe...

Me to colleague: So I have to take next Thursday and Friday off to go to Florida.
Co-Worker: <Massive Eye Roll> Are you going to Disney again, don't you do anything else?
Me to colleague: Actually my grandfather passed away so I'm going to Florida for the funeral.
Co-Worker: <Very embarassed> I'm so sorry.
Me: And since we are going to be in Florida, I thought we'd go to Disney World for a couple of days....
I haven't discussed my Disney obsession with anyone at work. I am going to wear my recently delivered DISDads polo shirt one day to see if anyone asks about it.

I live in Marietta, GA (suburb of Atlanta on the NW side). I'm about 1.5 miles from I-75. If you're coming through on your way to the mouse or heading home from the mouse and you need a pit stop, let me know. We have a couple extra rooms now we're almost empty nesters. DW and I are both good cooks and although we don't drink a lot, we do have a few selections and the store (grocery and package) are less than 5 minutes away, so I'm sure we could find something ya like. For travel planning, if not leaving during rush hour, we are about 7 - 8 hours (depending on how fast you drive) from the mouse. Usually takes me about 7.25 hours, but I have the sunpass so I don't have to stop for the toll booths on the turnpike.

On a different note, we'll be heading down to the most expensive (err magical) place in the world. :lmao: September 22nd - 25th. So, if any DISdads are there during that timeframe, would love to meet up for a dole whip or beer (or both, but not at the same time...eww)
Great offer. If I ever find myself in Georgia I'll let you know. But considering I'm about 3 days drive north of you, that's probably not going to happen. But you never know.

September is great time to travel from what I've heard. It's too close to my girls going back to school for the new year to pull them out, so it will be a few years before I can think of a trip in September.

Spent enough time in a hospital once so I know from real experience that food is even worse than Tony's.
:rotfl:

My wife and youngest dd are shopping..... at mall.... in Atlanta.

Is the extraction team still available?
Just try to find one of those stores with the comfy chairs outside the dressing room and take a nap. Those are my favourite places.

Trying to wrap a bunch of things up before heading off to the Canada Games in Winnipeg next week. I'll be there "working" from July 27th to August 14th.
"Working" - I like that. Enjoy the Games. If your teams play NL anytime, don't go too hard on them :)

It makes sense - if you work where you are interested, and have the aptitude for it - then you'll be successful and not hate going to work. Which is me at one of my jobs.
Interesting hearing about this testing, I wasn't aware of it. I don't know if that's something they do in Canada or not. But anything that helps our kids pick a job they might actually enjoy is a good thing.

Great offer. If I ever find myself in Georgia I'll let you know. But considering I'm about 3 days drive north of you, that's probably not going to happen. But you never know.

September is great time to travel from what I've heard. It's too close to my girls going back to school for the new year to pull them out, so it will be a few years before I can think of a trip in September.

Not my fault you live in the arctic circle. :rotfl2:

Our kids go back to school the end of this month...crazy short summer break!!, BUT they have several one week breaks throughout the year as well as the normal time off around Christmas and new years. This trip was scheduled around one of those breaks. Same reason we went back in February.

Everything is good. It is aptitude testing. You can google them for more info. It is a 6 hour series of individualized tests, comparing intelligence, interests, and aptitudes, with some career or education recommendations. Back story - this was how GE originally tested new employees to match them with best job.

I'd never heard of that. It's really interesting. I wonder how different it is from the aptitude testing they do in schools now?

Sorry about your grandfather passing

Thank you sir. Was held at a place called Mint Springs Farm that is like an all inclusive wedding facility. Rooms for the wedding party to get ready, chapel, outdoor patio for cocktail hour and then the main reception building. Place is about 20 minutes from our house. Included DJ, caterer / food, flowers, decor, cake and a planner for DW & DD. Not cheap, but like DW keeps telling me only got one daughter and it was worth it, they did a fantastic job. Here's a link of the place http://www.mintspringsfarm.net/

Great Pictures!. Congratulations to all (except your wallet). That venue looks really amazing.

Glad you are still with us.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Is it me or is this week just dragging? Looking for pics (probably easier on the other place) from those hitting Poly & DaWorld.

Thanks, it was a great day.

Start the Day Drinking now with 2 girls :thumbsup2 Seriously, It seems like more and more the parents of the groom are pitching in these days with associated costs, I was not so lucky. You do what you can financially do and that's it.

You're on vacation, losing presidents pretty much comes with the territory. Keep us posted on the aptitude results sounds interesting.

Since i have two dds, i think the groom's family should pay for the whole wedding. :lmao:

Just don't get caught looking!

Lovely pictures. I really like the venue for the reception. One of these days I will feel the financial pain of marrying off daughters, and I have two. Although the oldest is a step-daughter, so maybe the "other father" will help a bit with that...maybe...

I haven't discussed my Disney obsession with anyone at work. I am going to wear my recently delivered DISDads polo shirt one day to see if anyone asks about it.

:rotfl:

Just try to find one of those stores with the comfy chairs outside the dressing room and take a nap. Those are my favourite places.

"Working" - I like that. Enjoy the Games. If your teams play NL anytime, don't go too hard on them :)

Interesting hearing about this testing, I wasn't aware of it. I don't know if that's something they do in Canada or not. But anything that helps our kids pick a job they might actually enjoy is a good thing.

No getting caught. Besides, they are all walking too fast there.

I'd never heard of that. It's really interesting. I wonder how different it is from the aptitude testing they do in schools now?

Great Pictures!. Congratulations to all (except your wallet). That venue looks really amazing.

I think it's quite different. How the scores compare? Not sure. She took 25 different tests in that 6 hour block.

Made it to the Poly. No Dan or rum yet. We are in Pago Pago, which translates into the furthest building away from everything you cheap standard view DVC point schmuck. So far, not as impressed as BWV or BLT. But, i haven't tried the pool or the rum. I might have been quite upset paying for a water view, only to see a big bungalow blocking it.

WP_20170719_19_02_11_Pro (2).jpg

As for aptitude testing, her scores translated highest in business management and artist. That's an odd combination. There was a listing of 197 occupations that may best fit for her. Many of them are multiples. Teacher was on the list. No water stuff, but maybe that had do with the inability to test for water related jobs inside a classroom. That was the highlight of the exit conference. There is a lot to read, which we can do later and I'll post more info.

We had to take the ASVAB test when I was in high school. Basically it told you which branch of the military and what your specialty should be. Pretty much everyone in my high school either had to join the military or get a football scholarship to get out of town.

Since i have two dds, i think the groom's family should pay for the whole wedding. :lmao:
Good luck with that one. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter