DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Made it to the Poly. No Dan or rum yet. We are in Pago Pago, which translates into the furthest building away from everything you cheap standard view DVC point schmuck. So far, not as impressed as BWV or BLT. But, i haven't tried the pool or the rum. I might have been quite upset paying for a water view, only to see a big bungalow blocking it.

View attachment 254273

Nah Pago-Pago means, building close to your car and Epcot Monorail. It's very convenient.

As for aptitude testing, her scores translated highest in business management and artist. That's an odd combination. There was a listing of 197 occupations that may best fit for her. Many of them are multiples. Teacher was on the list. No water stuff, but maybe that had do with the inability to test for water related jobs inside a classroom. That was the highlight of the exit conference. There is a lot to read, which we can do later and I'll post more info.
Nah Pago-Pago means, building close to your car and Epcot Monorail. It's very convenient.

We had to take the ASVAB test when I was in high school. Basically it told you which branch of the military and what your specialty should be. Pretty much everyone in my high school either had to join the military or get a football scholarship to get out of town.
We had to do the ASVAB in high school too. My son's school does some level of aptitude testing. It's certainly not to the level of what was done here but the results at a very high level sound similar. I think his results were he'd be good at things like teaching, business management and marketing etc... I don't know how much beyond that level it went though.

‘Morning all…
Spent yesterday dealing with having all of our cable services either downgraded to basic or yanked out by the wires completely. Between stagnant wages and tuition, I can’t justify such luxuries (but then again, so long as the Missus can get to the local channels, we really aren’t giving up all that much.

The greatest of all American past times.... Day drinking
I need to have you explain this to my employer’s HR department.
Their current rules & regs seem to have missed out on this point.

Trying to wrap a bunch of things up before heading off to the Canada Games in Winnipeg next week. I'll be there "working" from July 27th to August 14th.
Should be quite the adventure.
Don’t be “working” too hard, now.

actually, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
As have been the reports of my life.

Is it me or is this week just dragging?
All weeks drag…
Well, except for those spent on vacation, they run in triple time.

You're on vacation, losing presidents pretty much comes with the territory.
So…
Vacation = Presidential Extraction

Apt description.

You do what you can financially do and that's it.
Since i have two dds, i think the groom's family should pay for the whole wedding. :lmao:
It’s all a scam :lmao:

We paid for 90% of our wedding out of pocket, with over half the total being for a modest honeymoon. You can be frugal about it if you decide what’s really important and are willing to adapt and consider options and alternatives.

And that’s what I’ll be telling my young’en when the subject comes up. :rolleyes:

As for aptitude testing, her scores translated highest in business management and artist. That's an odd combination.
I don’t know…
A good sense of business it about the only way you can even consider an artistic vocation without also accepting a vow of poverty.

We are in Pago Pago, which translates into the furthest building away from everything you cheap standard view DVC point schmuck.
Yep, that checks out.
But then again, my funding generally has me banished to the Pago Pago section of the value resorts, so you’re still in high cotton from our vantage point down in the lower 40.

We had to take the ASVAB test when I was in high school. Basically it told you which branch of the military and what your specialty should be. Pretty much everyone in my high school either had to join the military or get a football scholarship to get out of town.

I'm kinda surprised you HAD to take it. Unless it was different where you lived, the ASVAB is administered at the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station I think) and done for those already signed up or signing to go into the military. I was unaware they would have whole schools take it.

I'm kinda surprised you HAD to take it. Unless it was different where you lived, the ASVAB is administered at the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station I think) and done for those already signed up or signing to go into the military. I was unaware they would have whole schools take it.

I went to a private school (not a military school) but they made all the students take it.

‘Morning all…
Spent yesterday dealing with having all of our cable services either downgraded to basic or yanked out by the wires completely. Between stagnant wages and tuition, I can’t justify such luxuries (but then again, so long as the Missus can get to the local channels, we really aren’t giving up all that much.

Depending on how far away you are from the local broadcasters, you could ditch cable/satellite completely. I got an HD antenna for local channels and then did netflix for $10 (well, it was less then) a month. Still get local channels, but then netflix is good (for me) because if I want to watch a movie, I don't have to wait until it's scheduled/aired.

I had satellite, but I won't bore you with the debacle I had when THEIR equipment broke. Suffice it to say, that's when I saved a lot of money by going HD antenna and netflix.

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve! Just awful hot around here these days with heat index hitting above 100 past couple of days and forecasted for the next few. Got the fans out on the patio as my happy place this time of year is out there with a cigar, book, ball game on, music, cold beverage, grilling, hanging out with DW in any combination that may work. However, CJ can have this weather back.

Depending on how far away you are from the local broadcasters, you could ditch cable/satellite completely. I got an HD antenna for local channels and then did netflix for $10 (well, it was less then) a month. Still get local channels, but then netflix is good (for me) because if I want to watch a movie, I don't have to wait until it's scheduled/aired.

I had satellite, but I won't bore you with the debacle I had when THEIR equipment broke. Suffice it to say, that's when I saved a lot of money by going HD antenna and netflix.
We experimented a bit with antennas but despite being on the edge of a major market something about our location and the orientation of the house just made what reception we could get very spotty at best. I’ll likely be tinkering with that some more but for now the $15 for basic is doable.

We did go the Netflix route though (which is new to us). Jury’s still out of that (as I find most movies fairly unappealing) but we’ll probably keep it for a while. I’ve run across a few series that might be interesting at least, but another downside to the service is that you pretty much already have to know what you’re looking for to even find anything of interest otherwise you just scrolling through endless menus with not much to speak for or against the various offerings. But again, I admit, I’m a mite picky and a great deal of the available visual entertainment doesn’t really pique my interest (and that was true even when we had a couple hundred channels to surf).

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve! Just awful hot around here these days with heat index hitting above 100 past couple of days and forecasted for the next few. Got the fans out on the patio as my happy place this time of year is out there with a cigar, book, ball game on, music, cold beverage, grilling, hanging out with DW in any combination that may work. However, CJ can have this weather back.
Yep, the days of oppression have arrived in full force.
When you can reach out a grab a handful of air you know it’s going to be right miserable.

What kind of fans are you setting up to improve the outdoor environment?
Overhead? Box fans? Something else?
Since you’re setting them up they’re not permanent fixtures and I’m just curious as to your solution to the problem.

We experimented a bit with antennas but despite being on the edge of a major market something about our location and the orientation of the house just made what reception we could get very spotty at best. I’ll likely be tinkering with that some more but for now the $15 for basic is doable.

We did go the Netflix route though (which is new to us). Jury’s still out of that (as I find most movies fairly unappealing) but we’ll probably keep it for a while. I’ve run across a few series that might be interesting at least, but another downside to the service is that you pretty much already have to know what you’re looking for to even find anything of interest otherwise you just scrolling through endless menus with not much to speak for or against the various offerings. But again, I admit, I’m a mite picky and a great deal of the available visual entertainment doesn’t really pique my interest (and that was true even when we had a couple hundred channels to surf).

I agree...netflix search is horrible. Unless you're searching for a specific thing, it's hard to find and difficult to search. I also have amazon prime, so one of the search engines should help:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-to-search-netflix-hulu-plus-amazon-and-more-at-once/

These types of sites might help...their tastes may differ, so maybe/maybe not...
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/the-100-best-movies-on-netflix-june-2017.html
This may or may not help...I know I've looked at some of the movies others think are great and I'm thinking "ain't no way I want to watch that much less have my kids watch it".

The biggest advantage for me is when I know something is on there (like it just got rogue one), I can watch it WHEN it's convenient for me. I also like being able to catch episodes of series I like that I might have missed for one reason or another.

We had to do the ASVAB in high school too. My son's school does some level of aptitude testing. It's certainly not to the level of what was done here but the results at a very high level sound similar. I think his results were he'd be good at things like teaching, business management and marketing etc... I don't know how much beyond that level it went though.

Well, that's a better way to phrase it. I'm jealous of 007 and his Hawaii upgrade.

‘Morning all…

I need to have you explain this to my employer’s HR department.
Their current rules & regs seem to have missed out on this point.

Should be quite the adventure.
Don’t be “working” too hard, now.

As have been the reports of my life.

All weeks drag…
Well, except for those spent on vacation, they run in triple time.

So…
Vacation = Presidential Extraction

Apt description.

It’s all a scam :lmao:

We paid for 90% of our wedding out of pocket, with over half the total being for a modest honeymoon. You can be frugal about it if you decide what’s really important and are willing to adapt and consider options and alternatives.

And that’s what I’ll be telling my young’en when the subject comes up. :rolleyes:

I don’t know…
A good sense of business it about the only way you can even consider an artistic vocation without also accepting a vow of poverty.

Yep, that checks out.
But then again, my funding generally has me banished to the Pago Pago section of the value resorts, so you’re still in high cotton from our vantage point down in the lower 40.

We do the high speed internet and wifi for the family with Netflix. No cable tv, just new digital antenna. I found that i hate watching commercials. So, i miss sports, but nothing else.

It is hot down here at the Poly. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Good luck with that one. :rotfl2:

My wife had to take that in HS. She got bomb/ explosive defuser. Glad she didn't follow those dreams. :scared1:

We never took that, but i took something my senior year in HS, but never saw the results. My parents sold their house and gave me my stuff they had been saving. In there were those teat results which said what my career path should have been. Good thing they gave it to me in my 40s. :furious:

I agree...netflix search is horrible. Unless you're searching for a specific thing, it's hard to find and difficult to search. I also have amazon prime, so one of the search engines should help:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-to-search-netflix-hulu-plus-amazon-and-more-at-once/

These types of sites might help...their tastes may differ, so maybe/maybe not...
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/the-100-best-movies-on-netflix-june-2017.html
This may or may not help...I know I've looked at some of the movies others think are great and I'm thinking "ain't no way I want to watch that much less have my kids watch it".

The biggest advantage for me is when I know something is on there (like it just got rogue one), I can watch it WHEN it's convenient for me. I also like being able to catch episodes of series I like that I might have missed for one reason or another.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'll tinker with some of the searches later on.

I took a quick look at the current 100-films list though - and surprise, surprise - nothing in their top-20 was recent and few of them were even from the past ten years (A complaint I've had with films for quite some time now).

We do the high speed internet and wifi for the family with Netflix. No cable tv, just new digital antenna. I found that i hate watching commercials. So, i miss sports, but nothing else.
Basically where we are now and with the same general caveats.

What kind of digital antenna did you end up going with?
We tried a couple types but didn't get very good results.

My wife had to take that in HS. She got bomb/ explosive defuser. Glad she didn't follow those dreams. :scared1:
That would probably translate well to being a elementary kids soccer ref or marriage counselor.

We never took that, but i took something my senior year in HS, but never saw the results. My parents sold their house and gave me my stuff they had been saving. In there were those teat results which said what my career path should have been. Good thing they gave it to me in my 40s. :furious:
Was the career path Independently Wealthy Philanthropist. That's the one I keep hoping for.

Yep, the days of oppression have arrived in full force.
When you can reach out a grab a handful of air you know it’s going to be right miserable.

What kind of fans are you setting up to improve the outdoor environment?
Overhead? Box fans? Something else?
Since you’re setting them up they’re not permanent fixtures and I’m just curious as to your solution to the problem.
I have a couple of stand up indoor / outdoor oscillating models picked up at Home Depot last year. I have a couple of outdoor outlets for the grill and suck things. Run an extension cord under the mulch to get power away from the house to plug these in. When it's just me they are not oscillating so I can stay pretty comfortable. In addition we have a couple of smaller ones that are used for house boats and campers and such that sit good on the ground or patio furniture end tables. If I remember I'll post a pic or two later.

20023924_10213956127005506_7986037806367455527_o-jpg.254004

Great pics and I see the kids get their looks from their mom. Well done sir.

They are getting older. Nice pic Norm.

However, CJ can have this weather back.

Suck it up Buttercup. Try that kind of weather for 4 months.

This is the reason I am against selling some people Dis Dads shirts. This group looks like trouble and could get us all banned. All because Terry is wearing a Dis Dad shirt.

Basically where we are now and with the same general caveats.

What kind of digital antenna did you end up going with?
We tried a couple types but didn't get very good results.

I'd have to check the brand. One was a square box that we bought from Amazon. The other I picked up at Walmart.

That would probably translate well to being a elementary kids soccer ref or marriage counselor.

Was the career path Independently Wealthy Philanthropist. That's the one I keep hoping for.

It also translates well to mother of teenage girls. I'm ready to try that wealthy philanthropist job as soon as i get that big lotto jackpot.

They are getting older. Nice pic Norm.

This is the reason I am against selling some people Dis Dads shirts. This group looks like trouble and could get us all banned. All because Terry is wearing a Dis Dad shirt.

Thanks. As for the shirts, we had 007. He would take care of us.

We had a wonderful dinner at Kona with Dan, his wife, and two children. He has a terrific family. Or, excellently disguised Mi6 operatives. :lmao:

Things run different at small Texas public schools. Pretty sure it wasn't mandatory at the bigger schools in the city.

We are going the same way once our contract runs out. because of our crazy schedules we don't ever watch anything when its on anyway and binge watch most of our shows on Netflix figured we would save ourselves the $100 a month. We also have Prime so there are a few good movies and shows on there that we like.

Disdad Summer Convention at the Poly
That looks like a group planning on gettign into trouble.
Looks like they just drug Norm out of the pool for the photo, or he found a way to have a sweat ring start at the bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter