• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

A "trolley" is what you push stuff round on. A "cart" is something that you put behind a donkey. Though looking at some of Wal-Mart's finest specimens, I can see how you got there.
:lmao:
Trunks are on the front of elephants. Not the backs of cars.
Fallen out of fashion, but males used to put on trunks to go swimming.

Distasteful? A bit showy? Kardashian-esque?

Well this could be fun....

"Braces" hold your trousers up. So Christ knows where y'all have been putting your mouths.
Only Superman wears "pants" on the outside mate.
"Trunks" are on the front of elephants. Not the backs of cars.
A "yard" is 3 feet. And you even cling on to that measure. When the rest of the world, you know, divide by 100. Crazy.
"Gas" is a physical state that by definition, fills a void with no fixed state or volume. Not what comes out of a nozzle for 20c a litre or whatever is you measure with.
A "trolley" is what you push stuff round on. A "cart" is something that you put behind a donkey. Though looking at some of Wal-Mart's finest specimens, I can see how you got there.
A "biscuit" is a firm flat sweet or savoury snack. The Good Lord only knows where the friggin hell you got Cookie from.
Yes it could be (fun).

A biscuit is something you have with breakfast normally and smother with either sausage gravy or jam.
A cookie, BTW is also something that gets stored on your computer when you visit websites.
A chip is a thin sliced, crispy thing that's a snack
A french fry is a potato (sliced or waffle cut) and used with ketchup not mayonaise.
Plaster is something you use on wall, not wounds.
A flat is something that happens when a tire loses its air.
A bogey is shooting one over par.
Skip is when you walk in a happy or flippant way.
A torch is when you put flammable material on the end of a stick and light it.
Our hooters are much more fun than yours...unless you're playing golf and playing poorly.
In contrast, your shag is more fun
A flyover is what planes do
Squash is a vegetable or sport

Flashlights don't really, er, flash.
A traffic circle sounds like a 2 year old did your urban planning
Sidewalk sounds like.....oh wait I already did that gag
The floor on the ground in a building is called....wait for it.......the ground floor.
Elevators, just to let you know ALSO GO DOWN! It's like magic! (i'll give you that I'm on shaky foundations on that one, we call it a lift)
A flyover is what planes do
No mate, planes take wood off the edge of doors. Airplanes do flyovers.
A french fry is a potato (sliced or waffle cut)
So you like, chip it off the potato? If only someone could have come up with a catchier, shorter phrase than French Fry. Seeing as they are not even French. They are Belgian.
A chip is a thin sliced, crispy thing
So, its a Crispy thing? If only someone.........

Flashlights don't really, er, flash
They can if tucked into a scantily clad women's lingere.

Oh yeah, roundabout sounds so much better...
Let's wander around about for a while and maybe we'll find what we're looking for.

Sidewalk sounds like.....oh wait I already did that gag
Funny...that reminds me of a quote...
Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Elevators, just to let you know ALSO GO DOWN! It's like magic!
True, but I think the same could be said of lifts.

So you like, chip it off the potato? If only someone could have come up with a catchier, shorter phrase than French Fry. Seeing as they are not even French. They are Belgian.
True and most people don't realize that french frying is actually a technique of preparing not so much a food.

So, its a Crispy thing? If only someone.........
So, with that logic, we should call any other number of things that are crispy crisps?
Cookies should be called crisps?
Chicken should be called crisps?
Crackers should be called crisps?
Well done brisket should be called crisps?
Overcooked biscuits? (I'd call em burnt)
Chinese noodles should be called crisps?

Okay...I'm running out of ideas of crispy or crunchy things. Better stop anyway. Glad we could help your meeting go better.
Where were yall yesterday when I had a 3 hour meeting. :sad:

Always. Although if I was standing firm in trunks, it would be somewhat less elephanty.
So, with that logic, we should call any other number of things that are crispy crisps?
Cookies should be called crisps?
Chicken should be called crisps?
Crackers should be called crisps?
Well done brisket should be called crisps?
Overcooked biscuits? (I'd call em burnt)
Chinese noodles should be called crisps?
That's a great point. You totally got me. Oh, wait. Hold on. I've just remembered. Their actual name is......

Potato Crisps.

(I'll stop now it's time for me to go into hibernation over the July 4 weekend)

Distasteful? A bit showy? Kardashian-esque?
Do not use that name in my presence!
Well all this is making a 2 hour conference call on Global Construction spending go a lot quicker....
Glad to help.
A french fry is a potato (sliced or waffle cut) and used with ketchup not mayonaise.
Mayo.... on fries... <shudder>
Plaster is something you use on wall, not wounds.
But plastered, is something you might be when you walk into walls, possibly causing wounds.
A bogey is shooting one over par.
I thought that was in your nose... oh... bogey... not booger.
Agreed.
No mate, planes take wood off the edge of doors. Airplanes do flyovers.
Oooohhh… that was a nice one.
Flashlights don't really, er, flash.
Actually, I have two that do. 3 different intensities and also automatically flashes SOS in morse.
Although if I was standing firm in trunks, it would be somewhat less elephanty.

Stand firm! Like...

Afternoon Gents. Trying to wrap up month end on a short work time frame - Swiss don;t recognize 4th of July, they're neutral about the entire thing. Thanks to Doc and the UK George Carlin this afternoon, lmao on a couple of those

OK today we have some WDW Pick'ems to kick off the 4th of July weekend
  1. Rum or Bourbon (ok this one is borderline WDW unless you are at a DDCC)?
  2. Food & Wine or Flower and Garden?
  3. Kringla Bakeri or Karamell-Kuche
  4. Fish & Chips in UK or Poutine?
  5. Early rise and Rope Drop or Close the Park?
For what it's worth top 5 themed restaurants
  1. 50's Prime Time Cafe - reminds me of being at either of my grandmothers house as a little kid (the food, the furniture, the tvs)
  2. BOG
  3. CRT
  4. Harambe Market - attention to detail
  5. Mama Melrose's - the story line and decor is well done
OK everyone be safe and have a safe and enjoyable weekend whether it starts tomorrow or Saturday - Cheers!

From the country that brought us "Lite" on packaging. And Notre Dame. We'll take our own counsel on pronunciation there, sunshine.
Yep. Naw-trur Dahm. Don't even get me started on Van Gogh.
Why ya gotta bring Notre Dame into this????????

Trying to wrap up month end
Wow! And it's only July 2nd!
Never heard that one. :laughing:
1. Neither.
2. Either. (But will pick F&W)
3. Karamell-Kuche. It's not even close.
4. Fish & Chips. Because I like a good poutine. And the refreshment port, while not the worst I've had... isn't the best, either.
5. Yes.
Why ya gotta bring Notre Dame into this????????
Relax man, just let it Gogh.

Neither often, but rum.
Food & wine. They have dole whip at refreshment port. Not sure if they do at F&G
Karamell Kuche all day
Poutine all day. What are chips precious? ;)
Since I normally wake up at oh dark hundred, rope drop.

1. Rum or Bourbon? neither would be my first choice but either would do for medicinal purposes.
  2. Food & Wine or Flower and Garden? Haven't been to either but F&G is on my wish list
  3. Kringla Bakeri or Karamell-Kuche? Kringla is a must do every trip and never been in K-K.
  4. Fish & Chips in UK or Poutine? I'll go with the Fish & Chips. Never tried poutine and if it isn't exceptional I wouldn't want to pay Disney prices for it.
  5. Early rise and Rope Drop or Close the Park? Depends on the day and park but definitely not both in the same day.

Swiss don;t recognize 4th of July, they're neutral about the entire thing
I can think of a few other conflicts where that applies as well

Thanks to Doc and the UK George Carlin this afternoon, lmao on a couple of
Well thats the highest praise indeed. Carlin was an absolute genius.
Him, Steven Wright, Bill Hicks and Bob Newhart I listened to until I wore out the tapes. And Woody Allen, but he's been pretty much cancelled. When I got older it was Chris Rock. And now its Chapelle.
Some males still use trunks?!
Italian and French men seem to operate under the guiding principle of "if you've got it, flaunt it. And if you haven't got it, flaunt it further."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter