• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

WDW Top 5 list for today ............................Top 5 restaurant Themes (themeing, not food, not location, theme)
Biergarten, Biergarten, Biergarten, Biergarten, Biergarten.

Actually, Biergarten is tops for food and theming in my book. Give me brats and shnitzel and German potato salad any day. Yum!

1) BOG (Although I've never been, I've seen enough pictures)
2) 50s prime time
3) Biergarten
4) Beaches & cream. Although small, love the vibe.
5) Boma I honestly don't know what a real African place would look like, but love the decorations here.

I would say Oga's, but not a restaurant. Not even good snacks (IMHO).
Never been to Sci Fi, but looks cool.

Morning chaps.

Well, I'll tell you: I got a Conditional Job Offer with the U.S. Post Office. That's right, a conditional job offer!
Nice one! That's great news. Once you get your feet under the table, can you tell us the secret code that makes the line you joined stop, and the longer one next to you that you avoided speed through like the back of the line is on fire. Is that just an English thing?
Y'all can keep mis-typing it...I know the truth.
From the country that brought us "Lite" on packaging. And Notre Dame. We'll take our own counsel on pronunciation there, sunshine.
But... do you appreciate it?
I think so. Either that or CCT has just been on a Copy and Pasting course.
Top 5 restaurant Themes (themeing, not food, not location, theme)
That was a good one Mikey, that made me think a bit, because you have to look past the dire food in some of 'em and tip your hat to the themes.

T Rex
Satuuli Canteen (I think that's how you spell it), the one in Pandora.
Skipper Canteen
Ronto Roasters
Coral Reef

I can't wait to try the new Space one in Epcot. And then maybe go on Orange Mission Space. See how that turns out.

Oga's Cantina *I have not been here, but seen videos, also not technically a restaurant, but well themed.
As its Canada Day, you can have that one. It is very very well themed, and the "Jedi Mind tricks" are a bit special. But it is a Bar. And then we'd have to put Trader Sams in. Anarchy.

Have a great day chaps, may your workday be short and your spirit measures long.

From the country that brought us "Lite" on packaging. And Notre Dame. We'll take our own counsel on pronunciation there, sunshine.
Okay, maybe lite, but that was one company that started that.

As for Notre Dame, pretty sure that was the French, so you can't pin that one on us Skippy.

Morning folks.
Dang I’m tired this morning. Only one more early morning to go after today. Then it’s the weekend. I don’t know how the rest of you do it.

Is that just an English thing?
That's a universal thing.
can't wait to try the new Space one in Epcot. And then maybe go on Orange Mission Space. See how that turns out
:laughing:
As for Notre Dame, pretty sure that was the French, so you can't pin that one on us Skippy.
Curious about that one too.

Morning Gents.

Back to work today, hoping for a quiet day at the office.

WDW Top 5 list for today ............................Top 5 restaurant Themes (themeing, not food, not location, theme)

Tough one, we don't do many sit down restaurants anymore. In no particular order:

• Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Rose n Crown
  • Coral Reef
  • Biergarten
  • Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

Finally got the ADRs for this trip. Went with a simple plan since all the parks are open 10 hours each day with no hopping.
Plaza
Brown Derby
Yak n Yeti
50's Prime Time
Via Napoli
Be Our Guest

Top of the .......err Afternoon Dads! I'm like Rob, month end close / review / report just sucks the life out me. Everyone be safe.
View attachment 505746

To the best group of Dads north of the border!

Good news and congrats to you. Enjoy the Holiday

Top 5 themed restaurants
CRT
Sci-Fi
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
San Angel Inn

2 months from retirement and you have all that time off saved up? So you're going to take the 2 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time? Just think of the money you'd get from that. That's like, Disney vacation money

The max vacation I can carry is a month. I'm using some of the vacation days to go to Disney this month. Since I can't get paid for sick days, it's use it or lose it. So, I'll use all the sick days, and then get paid about 3 weeks of vacation pay when it's done.

Okay, maybe lite, but that was one company that started that.

I believe we were discussing how to say stuff against how it was spelt.
Go to Paris, point at one of what was one of the most beautiful Cathedrals on the planet and say Noh-ter Daim (how youse guys say it) to any Non-American and see the reaction you get. Or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, watch the Disney film. That one is totally on you. ;)
Why would you even post you had a dream? And, after our time together during meet up trip, why wasn't I starring in it? I feel so cheap and used
The only logical inference I can pull from this statement, is that you've had a dream about all of us and you just haven't fessed up about it, as your issue wasn't that I'd had a dream, it was that I told people about it. C'mon. Spill the beans.
And yes, you are my dirty little secret. It was weird you weren't in it, as you and Doc are the only guys on here that I've met in the flesh. So to speak.

Last edited:
Have you seen it since the remodel? I've seen a couple videos. Apparently it doubled in size and a lot of the old-time soda shop theming seems to have been lost. But I would have to see it for myself I guess.
The temporary one definitely looked weird, I think they put it in one of the function rooms.

But... do you appreciate it?

I was a bit vague with my responses, wasn't I? I'll try and be more clear the next time. 🤣

Well Played GIFs | Tenor

Right?! Well played indeed.

Morning chaps.

:surfweb:

Nice one! That's great news. Once you get your feet under the table, can you tell us the secret code that makes the line you joined stop, and the longer one next to you that you avoided speed through like the back of the line is on fire. Is that just an English thing?

No can do, my friend, that's a state secret. And from what I understand, once I'm officially with the post office, I'd be required to slow my work product down. HOWEVER, for a small price I might be able to let that secret code slip so you can get head of line privileges. 😁 But it'd be an uber dupper super secret, so don't tell anyone. 🤣

I use to have fun with a British girl I dated several years ago. She'd say, "Can you toss this in the bin?" I'd then say, "You mean the trashcan?" 🤣

The max vacation I can carry is a month. I'm using some of the vacation days to go to Disney this month. Since I can't get paid for sick days, it's use it or lose it. So, I'll use all the sick days, and then get paid about 3 weeks of vacation pay when it's done.

Got it! If you can't sell it back, use it.

I believe we were discussing how to say stuff against how it was spelt.
Go to Paris, point at one of what was one of the most beautiful Cathedrals on the planet and say Noh-ter Daim (how youse guys say it) to any Non-American and see the reaction you get. Or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, watch the Disney film. That one is totally on you.
As I said

Ay rhymes with day, say, play, etc.
Eh rhymes with meh, peh, feh.

Lite - not exactly sure how you'd pronounce it mate.

Notre Dame. Ya got me there, but I can imagine there are a lot of English words butchered in France (or other countries for that matter)
In our defense, it would appear to be the SAME as same or lame or shame as opposed to dahm.

Now, coming from someone who calls a
hood a bonnet (ladies headgear)
Trunk a boot - foot wear
Yard a garden - where vegetables are grown
Cigarette a fag - careful...don't want the thread banned
Subway a tube - what goes inside a tire or similar to a pipe

I'm not so sure I should take spelling lessons from you anyway when you can't even pick the right words.
:lmao: :rotfl2:

So everyone knows...that was all in jest. I'm not at all upset and just having fun with Dan.

you and Doc are the only guys on here that I've met in the flesh. So to speak
Hey! Hold on there cowboy. Back the horse up. We met, but I don't recall any activities that would garner the "flesh" label. ;)

Well this could be fun....

Now, coming from someone who calls a

"Braces" hold your trousers up. So Christ knows where y'all have been putting your mouths.
Only Superman wears "pants" on the outside mate.
"Trunks" are on the front of elephants. Not the backs of cars.
A "yard" is 3 feet. And you even cling on to that measure. When the rest of the world, you know, divide by 100. Crazy.
"Gas" is a physical state that by definition, fills a void with no fixed state or volume. Not what comes out of a nozzle for 20c a litre or whatever is you measure with.
A "trolley" is what you push stuff round on. A "cart" is something that you put behind a donkey. Though looking at some of Wal-Mart's finest specimens, I can see how you got there.
A "biscuit" is a firm flat sweet or savoury snack. The Good Lord only knows where the friggin hell you got Cookie from.

Last edited:
Go to Paris, point at one of what was one of the most beautiful Cathedrals on the planet and say Noh-ter Daim (how youse guys say it) to any Non-American and see the reaction you get. Or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, watch the Disney film. That one is totally on you. ;)
So... do you pronounce it the way the French do?
I was a bit vague with my responses, wasn't I? I'll try and be more clear the next time. 🤣
:laughing:
I use to have fun with a British girl I dated several years ago.
You could've stopped typing at that point.
"Can you toss this in the bin?" I'd then say, "You mean the trashcan?" 🤣
No, in the garbage.
You should have seen what I did to the Greek girl I dates in college. 😁 She was not only a ballet dancer, but a model as well. Mmmmm
Pictures or it didn't happen.
beat me to it!
🤣 Not sure I can find them. :rolleyes:
TRY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter