DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

It's a rainy flash flood Sunday morning here. We were going to have people over for hamburgers and hot dogs for youngest dd's 16th birthday. We may have to float them over in a boat.

Evening, the car shopping didn't go as planned, went looking for a Mustang Bullitt, ended up with a Challenger SRT. Both Ford dealers said they had one, but when I got there they didn't have one but could get me one. Drove through Dodge dealer and I spotted this.
View attachment 504691View attachment 504692View attachment 504693

Nice ride. I think I will get a truck with my next vehicle, but nothing that looks like that.

Ouch. As others have said, prayers for you all as you transition to a new normal again and prayers that she can find her path in life. Tough time to be out of school, with limited job opportunities. It is good that you are around to help her learn from this. As much as we hate seeing our kids screw up it is better they do it know while we can help them out and better sooner in life than later in life.

Thanks. If there is a silver lining, then that's it. Right now, it feels more like a lead lining.

Wow.
At least it was "only" $5,000. That same lesson later in life mighta cost her tens of thousands. Rough lesson, but... a very valuable leason.

Only $5000. Not sure what sentence that sounds good in. But yes, I hope she learns it.

Bless her. I'm pretty sure we've all made some questionable choices in our lives. You just have to find out for yourself, that in general, people will f you over given half a chance. It's a rotten lesson to take though. A grand a month is going some. Well done for not chalking them up to the body count. Do you want me and my mates in Mi5 to take care of it? Just be out with people around you next Thursday between 5 and 8. You know what I mean.

Thanks. I guess the amount is still just shocking to me. And thanks for the alibi, er um, play date with friends next Thursday.

So, my laptop is elderly and infirm and I am looking to upgrade it. Now, I have been a windows Man since personal PC's came out. But I am open to something else, so I am asking for some advice from you all. Looking for a unit that will last for a while, latest version, and ease of use. I will primarily use it for internet browsing and zoom calls Please let know what you think
I think technology sucks.

So, my laptop is elderly and infirm and I am looking to upgrade it. Now, I have been a windows Man since personal PC's came out. But I am open to something else, so I am asking for some advice from you all. Looking for a unit that will last for a while, latest version, and ease of use. I will primarily use it for internet browsing and zoom calls Please let know what you think
July 4 sales will be on next week chief you should be able to pick up a nice one. IMHO stay away from Macs, you start to get into their net. And they are stupid money now. We bought an Acer aspire for the kids, it was pretty good for the price.
I'm far from an expert, but I would agree with Dan.
I've never owned a Mac, but DD20 has one for university, seems she always has some minor trouble with it.
I just think Mac's are way overpriced, and once you go Mac you never go back. Get tangled in their web, as Dan says.
For basic use, such as your internet browsing and zoom calls, I think whatever PC is on sale is fine.
That was my philosophy after Christmas, I picked up a cheap Acer Aspire in the Boxing day sales. Just wanted something for general household use, which is mainly web browsing, if anyone bothers to use it besides their phone these days.

July 4 sales will be on next week chief you should be able to pick up a nice one. IMHO stay away from Macs, you start to get into their net. And they are stupid money now. We bought an Acer aspire for the kids, it was pretty good for the price.
I'm far from an expert, but I would agree with Dan.
I've never owned a Mac, but DD20 has one for university, seems she always has some minor trouble with it.
I just think Mac's are way overpriced, and once you go Mac you never go back. Get tangled in their web, as Dan says.
For basic use, such as your internet browsing and zoom calls, I think whatever PC is on sale is fine.
That was my philosophy after Christmas, I picked up a cheap Acer Aspire in the Boxing day sales. Just wanted something for general household use, which is mainly web browsing, if anyone bothers to use it besides their phone these days.

Thanks Guys, I'll start looking at the ads.

After visiting 3 building supply stores, I have re-posted.

To All The Morons in the Monkey Thread (Page 2): Lavender Room ...

Check out a Chromebook. Usually inexpensive and good for the internet and such.

Thanks Darcy!

Evening guys. Spent the day at the beach with my parents and my kids.
A lot of work to organize, pack, unpack, pack again and unpack and put away at the end of the day. But everyone had a good time, so I'm happy. Exhausted and ready to pass out... but happy.

It's a rainy flash flood Sunday morning here. We were going to have people over for hamburgers and hot dogs for youngest dd's 16th birthday. We may have to float them over in a boat.
So how did it work out?
Only $5000. Not sure what sentence that sounds good in. But yes, I hope she learns it.
Don't get me wrong. It's a lot of money. And a LOT of money to lose. Yet... that's a lesson that, after saving for a decade or decades might save her tens of thousands. Might be a bit more cautious in the future.
I guess... better to lose $5,000 now than $50,000 in 20 years.

Morning from a overcast Westfield NB. Start of another work week .Happy Suckday

vening guys. Spent the day at the beach with my parents and my kids.
A lot of work to organize, pack, unpack, pack again and unpack and put away at the end of the day. But everyone had a good time, so I'm happy. Exhausted and ready to pass out... but happy
Beach time with the family ,nice.

And a terrible ending. Back in January, you may remember dd turned 18 and moved out to rebel against my harsh rules of cleaning her room, washing clothes, and working a job/ school or working around the house. I knew things were bad as she'd been hanging around my house more. Earlier in the week, her phone was disconnected. She finally burst into tears today and admitted that her thug roommates had conned her out of $5000 of her savings - all of it- in 5 1/2 months. She's broke. I paid her phone bill as her HS graduation present and moved her back home. All her stuff is in the garage, with a spraying of alcohol. She can wash and clean all of it tomorrow, and until then, she's on the couch. The thugs weren't home when i moved her out, she called them on phone to meet to explain, and i guess they didn't expect for me to be there. It wasn't a long conversation, but they are still alive. I'm home with a Mich Ultra pint and a cigar. I guess there could be a lawsuit, but she was never on the lease and everyone paid in cash. I told her this was her do-over, and she lost a lot of money and learned a hard lesson.

Wow. I'm sorry she's going through this. It's probably the hardest thing to do as a parent--sit back and let them feel the consequences of their own decisions. Let's hope it brings positive results. We all know failure is the best teacher.

Well, I am back at work today. Trying to dust off 6 weeks worth of cobwebs.
Relieved that there will be some money coming in again. But still wishing I could win the lottery because I would much rather sit on the couch all day instead of an office chair.
Not entirely sure how much work I will get. It should be at least a couple weeks, but maybe a bit more. Future planning doesn't go that far ahead these days.

We'll take good news where we can get it. Glad you're back earning money.

Spend a good part of the afternoon working on our deck. We want to replace all of our railing and started to buy some of the stuff we will need. I decided to replace one end to see how it looks. First problem, carriage bolts I had were too long so back into town to replace them. Second problem, we opted for the shorter posts and that was the wrong call. Too short for the railing kit we bought. So looks like I'm going to get some more posts in the morning.

I can't think of a single home project that didn't involve multiple trips back to the hardware store after I was sure I had everything I needed.

Wow, nice ride! :thumbsup2

Not working didn't mean not showering as well, dude. Pull yourself together man, You're not French.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I've been using an Applie iPad Pro as basically a laptop for several months now (I have a keyboard case for it). It's been great.

Then again, it looks like everyone else here thinks Apple is produced by the minions of Satan, so what do I know?

A lot of work to organize, pack, unpack, pack again and unpack and put away at the end of the day. But everyone had a good time, so I'm happy. Exhausted and ready to pass out... but happy.

Glad you could get out of the house. I bet that was worth it on its own.

We're planning on driving to Ohio this weekend to visit my brother's family and their newborn. A bit nervous about it considering all the virus numbers are climbing again.

I've been using an Applie iPad Pro as basically a laptop for several months now (I have a keyboard case for it). It's been great.

Then again, it looks like everyone else here thinks Apple is produced by the minions of Satan, so what do I know?

Thanks Mark, I have a iphone and was thinking a iPad. Did you have any problem getting use to it?

Morning boys.
Up early and not really sure why. Probably because I was so wiped out last night that I fell asleep at 10:30... which is a couple hours earlier than normal for me.

I can't think of a single home project that didn't involve multiple trips back to the hardware store after I was sure I had everything I needed.
::yes::
Glad you could get out of the house. I bet that was worth it on its own.
It was! And very happy to take my folks since they can't do it by themselves anymore.
We're planning on driving to Ohio this weekend to visit my brother's family and their newborn. A bit nervous about it considering all the virus numbers are climbing again.
I can see that. The last thing you want is to either get infected or bring the infection with you to a new-born.
I have a iphone and was thinking a iPad.
Was hesitating to add my 2 cents, but... I would steer away from an iPad. Nothing wrong with it, but... I would hate to not have a real, full-keyboard for long typing. It's fine for quick messages, but...

I've used Dell for the last several years. I'm on my third (second laptop and one desktop, the latter two are still in use) and can say I've been very happy with all of them. Only problem is they ain't cheap. But I bought higher end and you could get less expensive. My mom just got a Dell too and she's happy. She's like you. Just a bit of internet searching and emails and that's about it.

Morning all.

Overcast drizzly morning here, better than the heat we've been having and hopefully there will be some much needed rain in this. Split work week with Canada Day falling on Wednesday with all its virtual celebrations.

Have a good Monday all and Randall don't yield to that Apple temptation. Mark is trying to lead you astray. Remember, he's an Eagles fan.

Sounds like a nice day.

Was hesitating to add my 2 cents, but... I would steer away from an iPad. Nothing wrong with it, but... I would hate to not have a real, full-keyboard for long typing. It's fine for quick messages, but...

I've used Dell for the last several years. I'm on my third (second laptop and one desktop, the latter two are still in use) and can say I've been very happy with all of them. Only problem is they ain't cheap. But I bought higher end and you could get less expensive. My mom just got a Dell too and she's happy. She's like you. Just a bit of internet searching and emails and that's about it.

Thanks pkondz, really up in the air here on what to get. Kind of waiting for Doc to chime in...

Thanks Mark, I have a iphone and was thinking a iPad. Did you have any problem getting use to it?

No, not at all. I like it a lot.

I got this case for mine: Logitech keyboard case. It's worked really well.

It was! And very happy to take my folks since they can't do it by themselves anymore.

Excellent!

I can see that. The last thing you want is to either get infected or bring the infection with you to a new-born.

Right. The plan is to stay by ourselves for the most part. It'll just be us in the van. We'll wear masks, eat outside, all that stuff. But there's still more risk in traveling than in staying home.

Have a good Monday all and Randall don't yield to that Apple temptation. Mark is trying to lead you astray. Remember, he's an Eagles fan.

I mean, he's already got the iphone...

Might as well start diagramming the Philly Special now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter