DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Whatz up Guys:wave:,Hope everyone is well. Only 6 more sleeps till WDW:worship:. Doing things little different this time, staying at Pop 1st night then at a off property time share for a week then back to Pop for 5 days (will have the car so we are hitting some other Fl spots:car:)

So Guess it's time to start packing and getting the notebook up to date:ssst::rotfl2:,

Morning, folks.
Long day ahead. 1 hour down, 15 to go.

I’m picking up a new car today (Honda CR-V). I didn’t feel like spending $2000 to fix the AC on a six year old mini van so I traded it in. We don’t really need a van anymore anyway. I hate the thought of having a car payment again but it will be nice to have something new.
Congrats on the new buggy. We have a CR-V too. It's DWs car and she loves it.

Morning Guys, beautiful morning here hope you all are having the same.

Have a good one.

On a good note though my brother's tumor quit growing with this new experimental medicine.

Great to hear!

There is a free beer after the race. But only one. Of course, it will be barely 9 am when I finish.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

I’m picking up a new car today (Honda CR-V). I didn’t feel like spending $2000 to fix the AC on a six year old mini van so I traded it in. We don’t really need a van anymore anyway. I hate the thought of having a car payment again but it will be nice to have something new.

Nice!

Whatz up Guys:wave:,Hope everyone is well. Only 6 more sleeps till WDW:worship:. Doing things little different this time, staying at Pop 1st night then at a off property time share for a week then back to Pop for 5 days (will have the car so we are hitting some other Fl spots:car:)

So Guess it's time to start packing and getting the notebook up to date:ssst::rotfl2:,

Have a great trip.

Afternoon gents!
Hey guys, work has been busier than usual lately so I haven’t had as much time to stop in here lately.

Nice & Congrats! Is this new vehicle for the Mrs or you? I'm guessing the Mrs.

Have a great trip!

Evening from a sunny and warm Westfield NB. Happy Thursday

Hey guys, work has been busier than usual lately so I haven’t had as much time to stop in here lately.

Enjoy the new ride. :thumbsup2

Enjoy the trip Ron, don't forget to have a Moroccorita for me :drinking1 :drinking1

Top O the Mornin Dads! This day in Disney History......... Maybe they will go back to The Towne Square Cafe for the 50th?
View attachment 419589

And the food will still be terrible.

I was sleeping well until the cat peed on the bed. 😣 First time in ages she had come in to the bedroom and then coyotes decided to start howling outside the window for the first time in ages. On a good note though my brother's tumor quit growing with this new experimental medicine. 👍 I told him the least he could have done was get a normal problem but he had to go and get one of those extremely rare things.

Good thing to hear about your brother. Your cat, not so much.

Word up homies. I've got 3 more days at work (including today) before vacation. Going to start it off with a 5K Saturday morning, then go see my folks in Southern California for my dad's 82nd birthday, and then check into the Grand Californian for 4 nights with my wife and son. I'm more excited to try the Ronto Wrap than to go on Smuggler's Run! Plus getting my beloved corn dog and some churros. Disneyland and DCA are going to make up for the poor food showing at this year's California State Fair!

Corn dogs, churro, and vacations are great. Why would you ruin it by running? Maybe I'd run for some churros if I knew they were almost out. :lmao:

Maybe.

There is a free beer after the race. But only one. Of course, it will be barely 9 am when I finish.

That's why I'm a pirate. I can drink anytime.

We are thinking about DVC APs this year. Maybe we too can save more $ by going to WDW longer.

Evening, all. Been an eventful day here. Older boy got his driver's license on the first try, which is good because he wouldn't get another before going back to college next month. Car insurance only went up by 2/3, so I'm counting myself as lucky. (It doubled when daughter got her license, and has only recently gotten back down to where it was.)

Evening, all. Been an eventful day here. Older boy got his driver's license on the first try, which is good because he wouldn't get another before going back to college next month. Car insurance only went up by 2/3, so I'm counting myself as lucky. (It doubled when daughter got her license, and has only recently gotten back down to where it was.)
I’m afraid to think what our insurance will do when my daughter gets her permit next month.

Older boy got his driver's license on the first try, which is good because he wouldn't get another before going back to college next month. Car insurance only went up by 2/3, so I'm counting myself as lucky. (It doubled when daughter got her license, and has only recently gotten back down to where it was.)
That's interesting. Here the insurance doesn't change unless ownership of the car changes or the owner has an accident (rate goes up) or is accident free (rate goes down... to a certain point.)

Nice & Congrats! Is this new vehicle for the Mrs or you? I'm guessing the Mrs.
Mostly the Mrs will be driving it I think, but we tend to share both vehicles. It often depends on what DD has planned since she only drives our Civic (it wasn’t “cool” for a teenager to be driving a minivan and she won’t be going near the brand new CR-V). So sometimes I’ll take the CR-V to work so the Civic is home for DD to use .

Car insurance only went up by 2/3, so I'm counting myself as lucky. (It doubled when daughter got her license, and has only recently gotten back down to where it was.)
I think our insurance pretty much doubled when DD was added too. It’s brutal. And here it won’t start to drop until she’s been driving accident free for four years. Only 18 months to go...

Our insurance didn't change much when we added DS, it helped that he did a driver training course. We are looking at getting him a beater to make it easier when he starts university in the Fall, not sure what adding the 3rd car will do.

Top O the Morning Dads! A very happy Friday to you all. Enjoy the weekend.
I’m afraid to think what our insurance will do when my daughter gets her permit next month.
I think our insurance pretty much doubled when DD was added too. It’s brutal. And here it won’t start to drop until she’s been driving accident free for four years. Only 18 months to go...
Our insurance didn't change much when we added DS, it helped that he did a driver training course. We are looking at getting him a beater to make it easier when he starts university in the Fall, not sure what adding the 3rd car will do.
Been there, done that, still have DS and his vehicle for a couple of years. Was great to get DD and her vehicle off the books though I did have to pay for a wedding so not sure I came out ahead with that :headache:

And we made it to Friday. I'm making a future prediction. I'll be drinking a beer by 4 PM today.

That's interesting. Here the insurance doesn't change unless ownership of the car changes or the owner has an accident (rate goes up) or is accident free (rate goes down... to a certain point.)

That sounds great. Ours increased when youngest got her license, and will go down once I get her out of the house.

It didn't change when my son got his permit, but he is due to try for the license next month. Ours doubled just moving from OH to KY.

::yes:: And yet, we still live here. :sad2:

Been there, done that, still have DS and his vehicle for a couple of years. Was great to get DD and her vehicle off the books though I did have to pay for a wedding so not sure I came out ahead with that :headache:

FIL didn't pay for his daughter's wedding to me. I guess I should have called it off then. :lmao:

At least here (California), the permit doesn't affect it. I pinged the insurance company when daughter got her permit and the response was basically, "lovely, teach her well, let us know when she gets her license."

We're insuring the car and the driver. So, anyone (legally) driving my car is covered, and anyone on my coverage is covered whatever car they drive. Adding an additional driver, then, causes the latter chunk to go up.

Daughter just hit 3 years on her license, which was what brought it back down. I think the only way we'll get the rate back down before younger son gets his license is if older son gets a job outside the area after he graduates in the spring. If he ends up living at home, then he'll get to help pay for his insurance, at least.

We're insuring the car and the driver. So, anyone (legally) driving my car is covered, and anyone on my coverage is covered whatever car they drive. Adding an additional driver, then, causes the latter chunk to go up.
We're insuring the car. If anyone gets into an accident with it, my insurance will cover it. The person to whom the car is registered to affects the insurance rate. DW has a slightly better record than I do (I do far more driving than she does, so I'm more likely to have an accident... and that happened), so both our cars are registered under her name. If she gets in an accident (or is caught speeding or going through a red light or whatever) then my record will be better than hers and we'll switch the insurance over to my name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter