DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning boys from a very soggy London. More rainfall here today than in the last 6 weeks.

Well, you only need the internet for 3 minutes, right? :scared1::lmao:
laugh.jpg
It looks like Santa's sack is going to be empty at the end of the week...….
Been watching games since Friday, looking forward to the rest.
I'm quietly testing Lady K's commitment to the feminist cause. I'm not gonna watch it until she points out that if this was the men's tournament, I'd be hoovering up games.

it's monday! looking forward to work so I can get some rest. spent the weekend cleaning out a house,making dump runs and selling what we could at the swap meet. still not done but getting close.

Morning gents. Monday again. Nothing overly exciting to report from my weekend. Just did some yardwork Saturday since the weather was decent. It rained Sunday so the family went to see Alladin. Overall I enjoyed it. I still have to wonder what is the point of these live action remakes. Well, I know the point is $$$$ so I can't blame Disney. But when it's basically a shot for shot rehash with very little story changes or character development, it just feels like a money grab.

I only made it through the first half of the basketball game, when the Raptors weren't doing as well, so maybe the curse is still intact. I'll let you know if I watch tonight.

I did watch hockey last night. I really don't have a horse in the race, but I'm kind of rooting for the Blues only because they have never won the Cup. Of course they lost. Maybe I shouldn't watch game 7.

'Morning all...
Got busy again and missed another week 'round here (SS-DD).
It seems odd that even though I've been deemed unnecessary surplus by the new overlords, they still see fit to nearly double the expected workload.

Funny old world , ain't it.

On the upside, I have accrued enough vacation time from the prior overlords to take a bit without having to pay it back once I actually let tossed out the door. Given that fact, I do believe I'll just kind'a drift through this week and then make myself scarce the next one. I could use the break.

Morning, fellas. Rainy here on the East Coast. And a Monday. And my daughter called to say something is wrong with the car. Sounds like I hit the trifecta.

Overall I enjoyed it. I still have to wonder what is the point of these live action remakes. Well, I know the point is $$$$ so I can't blame Disney. But when it's basically a shot for shot rehash with very little story changes or character development, it just feels like a money grab.

I haven't bothered to watch any of them. They all seem pointless to me, so why waste my time?

On the upside, I have accrued enough vacation time from the prior overlords to take a bit without having to pay it back once I actually let tossed out the door. Given that fact, I do believe I'll just kind'a drift through this week and then make myself scarce the next one. I could use the break.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Morning boys from a very soggy London. More rainfall here today than in the last 6 weeks.
Same here...been getting a lot of rain.

It looks like Santa's sack is going to be empty at the end of the week...….
:eek:

Bleach....

Need mental bleach

I'm quietly testing Lady K's commitment to the feminist cause. I'm not gonna watch it until she points out that if this was the men's tournament, I'd be hoovering up games.
Good plan

Morning gents. Monday again. Nothing overly exciting to report from my weekend. Just did some yardwork Saturday since the weather was decent. It rained Sunday so the family went to see Alladin. Overall I enjoyed it. I still have to wonder what is the point of these live action remakes. Well, I know the point is $$$$ so I can't blame Disney. But when it's basically a shot for shot rehash with very little story changes or character development, it just feels like a money grab.
That's kinda why I don't like the new star wars...seems less a new story and simply a way to make more money. I have a little Disney stock, so I guess from that standpoint I'm happy, but as a consumer...well...kinda feeling like someone mistook me for Jasmine's cave of wonder and it ain't pleasant.

I thought that about the hobbit movies initially (that they did 3), but then realized it was a long book and trying to do that in one movie was darned near impossible.

I thought that about the hobbit movies initially (that they did 3), but then realized it was a long book and trying to do that in one movie was darned near impossible.
Gotta call you on that one.
The Hobbit isn't that long. The first paperback (1966) had 287 pages. It varies of course with font size, pictures, etc. A current edition will run around 300 pages or so.
I just watched "The Martian" (Great movie) and that book is 369 pages. Didn't feel like anything was left out, either. (Yes, read the book)

3 movies for The Hobbit is nothing more than a cash grab.

Gotta call you on that one.
The Hobbit isn't that long. The first paperback (1966) had 287 pages. It varies of course with font size, pictures, etc. A current edition will run around 300 pages or so.
I just watched "The Martian" (Great movie) and that book is 369 pages. Didn't feel like anything was left out, either. (Yes, read the book)

3 movies for The Hobbit is nothing more than a cash grab.
Consider me called.

I'm not going to mention WHAT you called me, but its okay...I'm used to it.

Two things...
1) wish you'd let me know..would've been good to meet up again. On the other hand, maybe you wouldn't think that's good.

2) You should have told me...it's possible I have the same camera or compatible charger.

Is 2020 offsite possibly DDCC 8?
1) I was carrying around a Nikon d5600.
2) DDCC 8 is not going to be on my menu... BUT,
3) Thanks to DDCC 7, I saw the houses that are off-site, and I think i'm going to look into bringing some casual Disney Friends, and possibly hitting Universal as well as a day or 2 in WDW. Unlike most Disney Vacations, though, we may actually "vacate" - Just hang out at the house a day or 2, if this type of trip is able to happen.

4) I'm also looking at Marathon weekend of 2022...

Good Monday afternoon Gents!

Great weekend that started a bit overcast and rainy on Friday night for Family Camp Weekend at the YMCA Camp Chief Hector, just about an hour out of Calgary, in the Rocky Mountains. When we arrived at Camp, it was actually pretty pleasant weather wise and the kids were ready to have fun and meet the other families.

Lots of activities packed in for the weekend: Rock climbing, archery, art and crafts, campfire, and the highlights for the kids (and me sorta) was the "Flying Squirrel" and "Leap of Faith".

Accommodations were modest but very comfortable Tipis, with bunk beds, mattresses and their own heat. A comfortable sleep to be sure.

Great weekend with some excellent quality family time. We met some other families from Calgary, and that was also great. Made some new friends and tried some neat new activities.

This really seems to be my DD 10's happy place. She goes to camp this summer for 2 weeks and the youngest DD6 goes for 5 nights, overlapping with her big sister. That's going to be some excellent down time for me and my wife. We just might not eat dinner at home for 5 nights straight!

Will post some more photos/videos later. Gotta run. All the best to all of you.

Go Raptors!

1) I was carrying around a Nikon d5600.
2) DDCC 8 is not going to be on my menu... BUT,
3) Thanks to DDCC 7, I saw the houses that are off-site, and I think i'm going to look into bringing some casual Disney Friends, and possibly hitting Universal as well as a day or 2 in WDW. Unlike most Disney Vacations, though, we may actually "vacate" - Just hang out at the house a day or 2, if this type of trip is able to happen.

4) I'm also looking at Marathon weekend of 2022...
Nope, wouldn't have worked. I have Canon stuff.
Sorry we'll miss you on DDCC8.
Shop around on houses...there are a lot and remember, they want to keep them rented out.
I'd recommend trying fun spot too. They don't have big name rides, but their prices are much better and they don't involve miles and miles of walking.
2022...that will be time of DDCC10

Not yet. I'm at work. But will be following it loosely.

They have been good games so far.

Been watching games since Friday, looking forward to the rest.

::yes:: Me too.

Just heard about the David Ortiz shooting as well, crazy stuff.

That is. Did they say if he was a target? Or, was it unintentional?

Well, the women are a lot prettier to watch than the men. Is that is feminiminismins?

Enjoy the vacation. Sorry you're going thru that. Any plans yet for the future?

Morning, folks. DD22s grad ceremony is this afternoon, so that's on tap. Gotta remember to tape the women's soccer game too.
Have a good one, y'all.

Tape the game? I thought I was old.

That's kinda why I don't like the new star wars...seems less a new story and simply a way to make more money. I have a little Disney stock, so I guess from that standpoint I'm happy, but as a consumer...well...kinda feeling like someone mistook me for Jasmine's cave of wonder and it ain't pleasant.

I liked the Lord of the Rings movies, but only managed one Hobbit movie. As for Star Wars, I like the force & light sabre. But after the last Jedi, I'm only watching them at home now.

:rotfl:
I think the chief is gonna need some actual bleach for the clean up....

:scared1:

Was there any mention of the Iludium Q36 explosive space modulator?

Marvin the Martian. Yes, Looney Tunes was a regular Saturday morning event.

Good Monday afternoon Gents!

Great weekend that started a bit overcast and rainy on Friday night for Family Camp Weekend at the YMCA Camp Chief Hector, just about an hour out of Calgary, in the Rocky Mountains. When we arrived at Camp, it was actually pretty pleasant weather wise and the kids were ready to have fun and meet the other families.

View attachment 408100
Lots of activities packed in for the weekend: Rock climbing, archery, art and crafts, campfire, and the highlights for the kids (and me sorta) was the "Flying Squirrel" and "Leap of Faith".

Accommodations were modest but very comfortable Tipis, with bunk beds, mattresses and their own heat. A comfortable sleep to be sure.

View attachment 408101

View attachment 408102

View attachment 408103

Great weekend with some excellent quality family time. We met some other families from Calgary, and that was also great. Made some new friends and tried some neat new activities.

This really seems to be my DD 10's happy place. She goes to camp this summer for 2 weeks and the youngest DD6 goes for 5 nights, overlapping with her big sister. That's going to be some excellent down time for me and my wife. We just might not eat dinner at home for 5 nights straight!

Will post some more photos/videos later. Gotta run. All the best to all of you.

Go Raptors!

Bunk beds outdoor camping? That sounds great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter