DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good to hear you made it back safely. You must be tired though. That's a lot of going.

I could use some sleep. The drive last night wasn't too bad though, I'm not a big fan of driving at night but the weather was good and there wasn't a lot of traffic to deal with after passing Quebec City. On the way up we went through Maine, it's a little shorter but a lot of driving on country roads, not what I would want to do at night.

Top O the Morning Dads! Enjoyed my bachelor weekend, DW gets back home today from her visit with DD. Get to present our 3 year plan / budget this afternoon to the CEO / BOD so wish me luck as it will be a tough sell this year as our key customers have gone off the rails somewhat.
Morning All.

About 1500 kilometers of driving plus a volleyball tournament in 40 hours but I'm back in the office. Not sure how productive I will be but I'm here. Arrived home a little after 2 am to find out about the wicked storm that left about 100,000 customers without power in the province Saturday night. Luckily we had power but no school for DW today as they don't.

Headed out to Toronto tomorrow for some more meetings. Good times!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
You will look back on these weekends with a big smile on your face and you will miss them.

Top O the Morning Dads! Enjoyed my bachelor weekend, DW gets back home today from her visit with DD. Get to present our 3 year plan / budget this afternoon to the CEO / BOD so wish me luck as it will be a tough sell this year as our key customers have gone off the rails somewhat.

You will look back on these weekends with a big smile on your face and you will miss them.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately, it's going to be an adjustment.

Good luck this afternoon.

Dang customers. Best to just fire them. :lmao:

Wow, I got on the DIS with my first try, here, hold my beer, I'm going to buy a lotto ticket...

Just be sure to with me when you win.

Forgot earlier this morning but thought Mickey playing drums last night was really cool.
I've been thinking about that a lot lately, it's going to be an adjustment.
After DDs club soccer ended I was no longer the team manager but timed by departure from 6 years of service on the clubs BOD, last 4 as President, at the same time. I went to completely free weeknights from 3-4 nights a week tied up and to free weekends as traveling the southeast U.S. also came to an end. DW was happy as, believe it or not, she got more time with me and we became a bot more of "us". Some of our best friends are people we met through youth soccer and we still get together on a regular basis and not one of us doesn't miss those times.
Good luck this afternoon.
Thanks. Went as well as hoped considering we are looking flat in terms of growth over the next couple of years but we are still making the owner a decent buck. We are a global company so will have to see how the entire rolled up numbers sell before we will get the inevitable request to improve at which time the dance will really begin.
Dang customers. Best to just fire them. :lmao:
Thought does cross ones mind from time to time

Election day in Appalachia and the "Vote Buying is Illegal" signs are up. Numbers at the polls look good considering 9 of 13 races in the county are unopposed.

Good morning all. Went to vote today, and even though the names may change, the only good results will be no more commercials for a year or so.

At the job#1 front, seems like we are on the edge of the tipping point. I emailed a scheduler who forwarded my email (and cc:ed me)to her assistant to schedule. If your job is to schedule (and it's all online), do you really need an assistant to schedule it? :furious: :sad2:

After DDs club soccer ended I was no longer the team manager but timed by departure from 6 years of service on the clubs BOD, last 4 as President, at the same time. I went to completely free weeknights from 3-4 nights a week tied up and to free weekends as traveling the southeast U.S. also came to an end. DW was happy as, believe it or not, she got more time with me and we became a bot more of "us". Some of our best friends are people we met through youth soccer and we still get together on a regular basis and not one of us doesn't miss those times.

I don't enjoy those times now, but there are a few that we spend time with for tennis. This however is an entirely crazy set of basketball parents.

Golden Oaks here we come.

WE? I do not think you know the meaning of that word. :lmao:

If I do win the lotto, and Disney will let me, I'll buy my Golden Oak home and a 2nd home for Vacationing Disdads. I'll undercut Disney prices. :lmao:

Election day in Appalachia and the "Vote Buying is Illegal" signs are up. Numbers at the polls look good considering 9 of 13 races in the county are unopposed.

Had a 0 minute wait at my pooling place. But, I wasn't the only one in there this year. Two adults my age couldn't figure out how to get their paper ballots into the machine. :sad: :scared1:

Well, early election results are in and not looking good. I guess that the other side of that coin is that if my job is over, we can move to Florida sooner if we have to start over.

Oh I do; if i hit one of those billion dollar lottos I am buying all of Golden Oaks. It will be the ultimate DisDads clubhouse.

Sounds like a great plan.

Of course you do. You need someone to mop your brow as you peck at your keyboard.

Makes perfect sense.

Well, early election results are in and not looking good. I guess that the other side of that coin is that if my job is over, we can move to Florida sooner if we have to start over. ..

I can't afford to retire but I am hoping for a few more years so we don't have to uproot the youngest before she graduates high school. After that I will be more free to move though the market for someone my age, race, gender, and work experience would be pretty limited. We had a departmental meeting last week and reviewed the budget. My little department is being billed for thousands of $$$ a month in networking and access fees (phones and computers) that we have no say in among other things. We offered to rip out all the phones and just use our own and that isn't allowed. Also the word coming down from the top of the Ivory Tower is that departments will eventually have to be self-funding and departmental hires will be determined based on projected ability to obtain grants. So much for public service. I'm not sure the public deserves it though. My teens have a better understanding of basic economics than Ocasio-Cortez and yet she is going to Congress. :crazy2::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter