DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Not sure I can do daily updates Jeff, but responding from a very comfortable 72 Orlando. The rental house is about 10 minutes from the airport and about 25 from Disney.
That sounds much more pleasant than the 95+ in August. It must be very different being in Orlando every day. The initial temptation (for me) would be to go to the parks every day, but obviously you still have "real life" to distract you. That pesky job and all.

The house I looked at (if I get it) will have some pretty amazing views as well.
Only downside...it will be further from Disney than I was hoping, but still only about an hour.
Nice to hear you've found a potential house. An hour from Disney is still good. I'm sure visiting the parks would slowly become a visit every week or two, not a daily thing, so no need to be much closer.

That sounds much more pleasant than the 95+ in August. It must be very different being in Orlando every day. The initial temptation (for me) would be to go to the parks every day, but obviously you still have "real life" to distract you. That pesky job and all.

Nice to hear you've found a potential house. An hour from Disney is still good. I'm sure visiting the parks would slowly become a visit every week or two, not a daily thing, so no need to be much closer.
On phone so can't multi quote...

Since we had 95+ days in the Atlanta area...no big deal for me. The difference here is we get the breeze off of the ocean which helps. I think the main difference is more of the hot days, but for me that means less winter days. Atlanta doesn't get as much snow as y'all, but I don't like snow, so it's still too much. :laughing:

Checked on the map and about 15-20 min to work and 42 min to EPCOT. that works! Once I figure out the best ways (to avoid I-4 congestion), probably less

Happy Friday eve all.

Agree. One of the worst parts about winter. I wonder if location has anything to do with it. Being from Louisville on ET zone, did it stay light longer with it being so far west compared to Owensboro now so far east in CT zone? Or, was i just a kid and can't remember?
Its being farther North or South that affects the total length of the day. Your position in your time zone affects the start and end time.

As long as DW likes it, then it's got everything I want (and then some)
If DW likes it then what you want is irrelevant:rotfl:

Only downside...it will be further from Disney than I was hoping, but still only about an hour.
Its 23 hrs closer than my house:rotfl2:

So for all these comments about the Halloween parties, what do you dads think about taking the fam/kids to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? We have a trip coming up in mid-December, and I haven't bought the party tickets yet, but the schedule is getting pretty close to locked in. How is this party as a one-time experience?

If you are going to do MVMCP as a one time experience, I'd say do it.

Are the parties worth the money? NO (and they go up in price every year)

One thing to remember between MNSSHP & MVMCP is that During MNSSHP time period MK is the only Park that is decorated for the season (you might find some other small things in the other parks or resorts but nothing to write home about).

On the other hand during MVMCP time period, Every Park, Resort, DS is Decked out for the Christmas Season.
- Resorts all have a tree, some have displays made of gingerbread or chocolate
- DS has the Christmas tree forest and other events
- HS has Jingle Bam Jingle Boom etc
- Epcot has Holiday Storytellers around WS
- AK gets decked out also (events keep changing every year)

So even if you don't go to MVMCP there is still a lot to do.

Last couple of years we have done MNSSHP and skipped MVMCP ( even though we were on WDW property during event)

48hrs from now we should be in Tampa on our way to WDW:dancer:, Now I'm into the micro managing stage of the planing:scratchin, with a little research :magnify:I've found a few things out, While we are at DS at photo pass in the a.m. World of Disney is giving out a free reusable World of Disney bag with a purchase (this promo is 2hrs long), also they are handing out Nutcraker activity books by One Mans Dream in HS. I think the most interesting thing I found was we have to walk through The Swan & Dolphins Food & Wine Fest on our way to Shula's (I think you buy a ticket that gives you access to receive the samples but it's pricey, we are not doing it but it will be neat to see whats going on:rolleyes1)

I love finding free stuff at WDW since a lot of my cash is spent at the parks every year, if it's free it's for me:rotfl2::cool1:

The rental house is about 10 minutes from the airport and about 25 from Disney.

Hey! That's pretty similar to me.
I'm about 25 minutes from the airport and 25 hours from Disney.

Oops. Double checked.... 30 hours. Still... Almost the same.

:rolleyes1

An hour isn't bad at all. Considering the destination. :)

So, DW is up for a promotion at work. Could be a nice extra chunk of money, and I told her she could support me on the beach after I retire in 4 years. :lmao:

Also, we have expanded the Florida property search to Daytona & Edgewater area as Sanford airport is there, which has a direct flight to here in KY. One micro step closer...

Not sure I can do daily updates Jeff, but responding from a very comfortable 72 Orlando. The rental house is about 10 minutes from the airport and about 25 from Disney.
I was debating popping over again tonight, but was looking at houses. I also didn't want to have to rush like I did last night to beat the crowd before illuminations finished.
I may have found the house I'm going to buy. As long as DW likes it, then it's got everything I want (and then some)

Let's not forget the most important thing - camper hookups in the front yard. :lmao:

Checked on the map and about 15-20 min to work and 42 min to EPCOT. that works! Once I figure out the best ways (to avoid I-4 congestion), probably less

And their is your punishment - driving I-4. :scared1: :furious:

If DW likes it then what you want is irrelevant:rotfl:
:rotfl2:

Spoken like a happily married man. Well, maybe a married man...

Now I'm into the micro managing stage of the planing:scratchin,

I love finding free stuff at WDW since a lot of my cash is spent at the parks every year, if it's free it's for me:rotfl2::cool1:

Now you're into micro managing state of planning? I didn't think you and the notebook ever weren't out of that stage? :lmao:

Last edited:
Top O the Morning Dads and a happy Friday Eve! Scary, crazy stuff goin on and I'll just leave it at that. Have a good one gents.
48hrs from now we should be in Tampa on our way to WDW:dancer:, Now I'm into the micro managing stage of the planing:scratchin, with a little research :magnify:I've found a few things out, While we are at DS at photo pass in the a.m. World of Disney is giving out a free reusable World of Disney bag with a purchase (this promo is 2hrs long), also they are handing out Nutcraker activity books by One Mans Dream in HS. I think the most interesting thing I found was we have to walk through The Swan & Dolphins Food & Wine Fest on our way to Shula's (I think you buy a ticket that gives you access to receive the samples but it's pricey, we are not doing it but it will be neat to see whats going on:rolleyes1)

Safe travels and enjoy stormin the castle!

Come to think of it...I lived about 40 minutes away from the GA aquarium and 50 minutes from stone mountain. Neither of those were worth visiting more than a couple or a few times.

40 minutes from da world would be good.

Last edited:
Come to think of it...I lived about 40 minutes away from the GA aquarium and 50 minutes from at one mountain. Neither of those were worth visiting more than a couple or a few times.

40 minutes from da world would be good.
cause you're only gonna visit a couple times? You already went twice this year, so I guess you're done.

So, DW is up for a promotion at work. Could be a nice extra chunk of money, and I told her she could support me on the beach after I retire in 4 years. :lmao:
:thumbsup2

So day 4 of the water crisis continues. Or at least you would think so the way people are acting. All of the stores are fully stocked with water again bu people are acting like we are all going to die because we cant drink water from the tap. I do find it strange that all of these people who are freaking out only drank bottled water before the boil notices, now that they have to drink bottled water it is a big deal??????
Oh well city said they may be able to start pumping clean water Sunday. So a couple days after that once the lines have been flushed out we will be back to as normal as this place ever gets.

So day 4 of the water crisis continues. Or at least you would think so the way people are acting. All of the stores are fully stocked with water again bu people are acting like we are all going to die because we cant drink water from the tap. I do find it strange that all of these people who are freaking out only drank bottled water before the boil notices, now that they have to drink bottled water it is a big

Appropriate for one of those joker memes. When some people encounter change, they lose their minds.

Last edited:
cause you're only gonna visit a couple times? You already went twice this year, so I guess you're done.
No...I'm saying neither of those were worth visiting more than a couple times...except maybe to swim with whale sharks

Darcy...sorry...didn't post yesterday...I'm a slacker, I know. :laughing:

I went to EPCOT again for a bit longer this time. Was able to do single rider for test track and catch a few of the F&W offerings and got to see Billy Ocean performing at eat to the beat. Saw Kenny G the other night, but only the last maybe 5 minutes of his show. I like Kenny G and wish I'd gotten there sooner that night.

Can't remember if it's Mike or Rob who has this in their sig, but you would have been proud of me...
I walked in cool club and yelled(well said loudly)....don't drink the Beverly!!

Last edited:

So day 4 of the water crisis continues. Or at least you would think so the way people are acting. All of the stores are fully stocked with water again bu people are acting like we are all going to die because we cant drink water from the tap. I do find it strange that all of these people who are freaking out only drank bottled water before the boil notices, now that they have to drink bottled water it is a big deal??????
Oh well city said they may be able to start pumping clean water Sunday. So a couple days after that once the lines have been flushed out we will be back to as normal as this place ever gets.

I am so glad i have a well for water...

Happy Friday All.

Another cool morning up here, hopefully it warms up for the weekend. I have a meeting for our Canada Games mission staff tomorrow and Sunday at Fundy National Park. It's part meeting and part team building. We get to sleep in these

otentik.jpg

Looks like there may be a stove of some sort for heat.

No...I'm saying neither of those were worth visiting more than a couple times...except maybe to swim with whale sharks

Darcy...sorry...didn't post yesterday...I'm a slacker, I know. :laughing:

I went to EPCOT again for a bit longer this time. Was able to do single rider for test track and catch a few of the F&W offerings and got to see Billy Ocean performing at eat to the beat. Saw Kenny G the other night, but only the last maybe 5 minutes of his show. I like Kenny G and wish I'd gotten there sooner that night.

Can't remember if it's Mike or Rob who has this in their sig, but you would have been proud of me...

Kenny G...hmmm...is that allowed under our rules?

Here is the latest from the Pirate Queen on Facebook.

View attachment 361032

Just goes to show you that all you hear about sharks isn't true. Still don't think I could get in the water with sharks though, except for those at Typhoon Lagoon.

As long as a good supply of Beer, Wine, Rum and other liquors is maintained there is no need for panic:rolleyes1:drinking1

:eek:

Here is the latest from the Pirate Queen on Facebook.

View attachment 361032

Holy carp!

I think I just wet myself just looking at that. :scared:

Another cool morning up here, hopefully it warms up for the weekend. I have a meeting for our Canada Games mission staff tomorrow and Sunday at Fundy National Park. It's part meeting and part team building. We get to sleep in these

otentik.jpg

Looks like there may be a stove of some sort for heat.

That actually looks pretty cool. :)

Kenny G...hmmm...is that allowed under our rules?

Was thinking the same thing.

I am debating on what to order at Shula's tomorrow night, the strong favorite is the 20 oz Prime Rib, with the 24 oz Porterhouse as a serious contender:scratchin

Serious question. Can you still eat that much?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter