DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

This was at DL.....the CM wanted me to experience everything in the base which I didn't think was all that and I am a huge fan and attend Celebration. I didn't think there was much to see to justify having my son wait a tad bit longer. Is it cool? yes but it was that cool.

The DAS/FP line does merge before the pre-shows.....it dumps you into the room right before you go into the first preshow room.
I'm a little confused and we just made plans to go to DL at the end of this month. If we have DAS do we still need to get in the virtual que? I don't mind missing the standby line, but the virtual que process really worries me.

I'm a little confused and we just made plans to go to DL at the end of this month. If we have DAS do we still need to get in the virtual que? I don't mind missing the standby line, but the virtual que process really worries me.

Yes, you still need to get into the virtual queue. It worries everyone but just make sure you have the app and your app has everyone's ticket linked to your account.

DAS comes into play when you have a boarding group. Once you're boarding group is called, a CM told me to immediately get a "return time" for Rise. For instance my last day there, we had a really early boarding group and it was called early. My son and I were eating Breakfast at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe. While he was finishing eating, I walked over to one of the umbrellas and asked for a return time. Then you can walk over to Rise after that and check in.

As pp have said, everyone (including those using DAS) must first get a Boarding Group in order to ride ROTR at DL. Without a BG, guests may not ride. After receiving your BG, you then request your DAS return time at any of the Information Kiosks. Read the first few posts in the ongoing DL Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3* -- the information on the first page gets updated regularly, so it is current and accurate. Ask any questions about the ride and BG process in that thread. You'll get great help there!

The recent reports of long standby times throughout HS got me thinking: what happens if you are in the middle of a long wait time when your boarding group is called? Say SDD has a two hour wait and you get a return time. When you are an hour into your wait, your BG is called with a one hour window. In that scenario, there would not be time to wait for the return time, ride SDD, and then get to ROTR before your boarding group window closes. Do you have to make a choice between either abandoning your return time for SDD in favor of a return time for ROTR or riding ROTR without a return time? Or is there some third option I am not thinking of?

The recent reports of long standby times throughout HS got me thinking: what happens if you are in the middle of a long wait time when your boarding group is called? Say SDD has a two hour wait and you get a return time. When you are an hour into your wait, your BG is called with a one hour window. In that scenario, there would not be time to wait for the return time, ride SDD, and then get to ROTR before your boarding group window closes. Do you have to make a choice between either abandoning your return time for SDD in favor of a return time for ROTR or riding ROTR without a return time? Or is there some third option I am not thinking of?

Your DAS return time is open ended so you could just ride ROTR and then use your return time on SDD (even it is after the actual return time stated).

If I had a ROTR boarding pass in one hand that was "active" and my group had been called...

... and a FP+ for literally anything else in that Park?

ROTR wins, hands down. That's just me, and that's based solely on how difficult it is to not only get a BG, but then hope and pray that the mechanicals hold up long enough for your BG to be called that day.

Your mileage may vary; tag & tax are extra 😉

Unlike those without DAS access, who might find themselves in the actual 2 hour SDD queue when their group is called, a DAS can be used anytime after the initial wait period has passed. So I'm not sure what you think would be a third option?

They have what boarding group they have called on MDE so you should have an idea of when your will be called. I would think twice about getting in a long line if they are close to calling your group. Once called you have two hours to get to the ride not one So the line would have to be over 3 hours long and then on top of that have delays and I just can not see this happing but if this dose then I am sure the CM would help you out now if you have a DAS I do not think using your DAS for the Star was ride effect the other one

Your DAS return time is open ended so you could just ride ROTR and then use your return time on SDD (even it is after the actual return time stated).

Since you can only have one return time at a time, are you suggesting riding ROTR without a return time? How long have the waits been?

Unlike those without DAS access, who might find themselves in the actual 2 hour SDD queue when their group is called, a DAS can be used anytime after the initial wait period has passed. So I'm not sure what you think would be a third option?

That’s true, I had not thought about what people do when in an actual long line. Do they leave the line? I guess it is the same conundrum.

They have what boarding group they have called on MDE so you should have an idea of when your will be called. I would think twice about getting in a long line if they are close to calling your group. Once called you have two hours to get to the ride not one So the line would have to be over 3 hours long and then on top of that have delays and I just can not see this happing but if this dose then I am sure the CM would help you out now if you have a DAS I do not think using your DAS for the Star was ride effect the other one

Good point about not getting in a long line if they are close to calling your group.

I agree that you are not likely to have the issue if you get a two hour window, I was thinking more about times when they only give a one hour window.

Since you can only have one return time at a time, are you suggesting riding ROTR without a return time? How long have the waits been?

You don’t get a return time at ROTR (other than the boarding pass). Once your boarding group is called, you can go to ROTR and they will send you through the FP line. And you can do this even if you have a return time for another ride. At least, that is how it works now. Things may change when the FP line is used for FPs (now, it seems to be only DAS and people who got a “compensation” FP for some reason (e.g. their boarding group was never called the day before).

You don’t get a return time at ROTR (other than the boarding pass). Once your boarding group is called, you can go to ROTR and they will send you through the FP line. And you can do this even if you have a return time for another ride. At least, that is how it works now. Things may change when the FP line is used for FPs (now, it seems to be only DAS and people who got a “compensation” FP for some reason (e.g. their boarding group was never called the day before).

Ah, that makes a difference! I had somehow missed that. Thank you!

Just want to pass along our experience at WDW the last week of January. We had 3 mornings to try. We managed to get the kids to DHS in time on the first day and got BG19. We left BWV at 6 am for a 7 am park opening. Our group was called by 8:30-9 am and we decided to do the regular queue since the kids were still feeling ok. It moved quickly enough to keep my son with autism engaged.

We managed to use our FP+ selections by 1 pm and immediately left because everyone was shattered. Even though my husband and I are HUGE star wars fans, we decided not to try again the other 2 DHS days because the exhaustion the process caused is too risky for my daughter's disorder. I can't imagine what we would've done if we had a late boarding group.

I understand the need for the process, and the risk of abuse, but it's frustrating nonetheless. I'm not sure I'd like the move to FP+ or advance reservations any better since I'm a DLR girl, but the early morning is a killer for our kiddos. We booked the trip when the original opening was 9 am, then disney moved it to 7 am. I don't see us attempting to ride at DLR anytime soon either. I wish there was a better way.

... I understand the need for the process, and the risk of abuse, but it's frustrating nonetheless. I'm not sure I'd like the move to FP+ or advance reservations any better since I'm a DLR girl, but the early morning is a killer for our kiddos. We booked the trip when the original opening was 9 am, then disney moved it to 7 am. I don't see us attempting to ride at DLR anytime soon either. I wish there was a better way.
So agree with this. I'm hearing from more and more people at both parks about how the early morning BG procedure (and all the unknowns about when you may get to ride -- what if the prized BG time is late?) is just undoable for their family, DAS notwithstanding. So we all wait and hope for a better way.

@twinmom13 question actually brings up a point with how DL has been handling its version going down. Up until recently (as in past week) if the ride goes down, your stuck in line or you don't ride. Oh and good luck finding a CM. Some have reported only finding one in a three hour breakdown. You're allowed to leave to use the restroom. But if your stuck for whatever reason (ie a solo wheelchair in the standard queue) then who knows what to do.

How in the world this hasn't occurred to the higher-ups that this is going to blow up in their face with wheelchairs and ECVs if they don't do something different with handling the breakdowns is beyond me. Its one thing to knowingly get in a two hours queue. Its another entirely to get in a queue think you'll be there 30-45 minutes only to have that blow up due to a ride breakdown.

I understand the need for the process, and the risk of abuse, but it's frustrating nonetheless. I'm not sure I'd like the move to FP+ or advance reservations any better since I'm a DLR girl, but the early morning is a killer for our kiddos. We booked the trip when the original opening was 9 am, then disney moved it to 7 am. I don't see us attempting to ride at DLR anytime soon either. I wish there was a better way.
So agree with this. I'm hearing from more and more people at both parks about how the early morning BG procedure (and all the unknowns about when you may get to ride -- what if the prized BG time is late?) is just undoable for their family, DAS notwithstanding. So we all wait and hope for a better way.

If they went by way of the traditional FP+ and DAS, with the attraction still breaking down frequently, the FP+ queue could become 1-2 hours long, IMO. So, would your children, after having to wait hours for the DAS time to come, with no other DAS access, be able to handle a long wait in the FP+ queue? Right now, you can get the BG, use DAS around the park, or leave the park, go to another one and use DAS, and then come back for the boarding group and have very quick access to RotR. The traditional DAS is going to tie up your access for hours, even worse than FoP ever did.

@twinmom13 question actually brings up a point with how DL has been handling its version going down. Up until recently (as in past week) if the ride goes down, your stuck in line or you don't ride. Oh and good luck finding a CM. Some have reported only finding one in a three hour breakdown. You're allowed to leave to use the restroom. But if your stuck for whatever reason (ie a solo wheelchair in the standard queue) then who knows what to do.

How in the world this hasn't occurred to the higher-ups that this is going to blow up in their face with wheelchairs and ECVs if they don't do something different with handling the breakdowns is beyond me. Its one thing to knowingly get in a two hours queue. Its another entirely to get in a queue think you'll be there 30-45 minutes only to have that blow up due to a ride breakdown.

But wouldn't that 2 hour wait turn into an even longer one for those people too? And any single person in the queue has the same bathroom issue - not sure what the wheelchair has to do with it?

If they went by way of the traditional FP+ and DAS, with the attraction still breaking down frequently, the FP+ queue could become 1-2 hours long, IMO. So, would your children, after having to wait hours for the DAS time to come, with no other DAS access, be able to handle a long wait in the FP+ queue? Right now, you can get the BG, use DAS around the park, or leave the park, go to another one and use DAS, and then come back for the boarding group and have very quick access to RotR. The traditional DAS is going to tie up your access for hours, even worse than FoP ever did.
I'm not following? We've never encountered a FP line that long, even when the standby was 3 hours. If the ride breaks down while we're in line at DLR, they give a multi experience FP. It happened once at WDW too. Thankfully, my kids have had enough ride break downs by now that they handle it fairly well (the disappointment, we usually get out of line). And we alternate the DAS with FP rides, meals, shows, etc, so that part isn't bad.

The biggest issue for us is not exhausting our kids because each's challenges is exacerbated by it. This usually means no early mornings, late nights, or long days.

But wouldn't that 2 hour wait turn into an even longer one for those people too? And any single person in the queue has the same bathroom issue - not sure what the wheelchair has to do with it?

Its A lot harder to go in and out of a line with a mobility device. I use a rollator. The queues are wide enough to allow us to go through not too easily allow for backing up around other people. And that’s not even starting on running into sometimes cranky people. And if your by yourself you can’t exactly send an able bodied person who can easily move through the queue to the back to talk to a CM.

It’s not so much the wait time. It’s the inability to easily get out of the queue to even talk with CMs so you can access the backstage restrooms that do exist without going through the entire queue again.

I'm not following? We've never encountered a FP line that long, even when the standby was 3 hours. If the ride breaks down while we're in line at DLR, they give a multi experience FP. It happened once at WDW too. Thankfully, my kids have had enough ride break downs by now that they handle it fairly well (the disappointment, we usually get out of line). And we alternate the DAS with FP rides, meals, shows, etc, so that part isn't bad.

The biggest issue for us is not exhausting our kids because each's challenges is exacerbated by it. This usually means no early mornings, late nights, or long days.

I think you are going to find that RotR is a different beast when it comes to FP+ and breakdowns, etc. It's attracting the nonDisney fan in such huge amounts (and wait until the Star Wars resort opens up) that the queues with boarding groups are still really long. Take the boarding groups away, have a few breakdowns, and people are not going to give up their place in line, including the FP+ line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter