DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

I have 2 DAS kids and we're from the west coast (2 hour difference). I was planning to stay on west coast time for our trip because my kids are sensitive to sleep issues and being tired significantly impacts each of them. With HS opening time at 8 am and the BG situation still being out within the first 15 minutes, we've been trying to figure out the best way to approach this with the least amount of disruption to the kids. We will have 3 HS days to try. I think were going to try shifting their sleep schedules and see if we can get them out the door in time, but if it's just not working, either my husband or I will leave for a BG while the other stays behind with the kids to join later in the day. Then at least one of us will be able ride and the other can try for a BG the next day we go to HS.

I remember in the beginning of DLR GE boarding groups last summer, guest services had ways of adding 1 or 2 people to your boarding group for various reasons. Has anyone tried this for your DAS holders? I wondered if they might be willing to add one of the kids to my boarding group as an accommodation for the DAS holder and seeing that at least the parent tried and was scanned in the park at opening to get a BG (kinda like being the DAS runner).

I have 2 DAS kids and we're from the west coast (2 hour difference). I was planning to stay on west coast time for our trip because my kids are sensitive to sleep issues and being tired significantly impacts each of them. With HS opening time at 8 am and the BG situation still being out within the first 15 minutes, we've been trying to figure out the best way to approach this with the least amount of disruption to the kids. We will have 3 HS days to try. I think were going to try shifting their sleep schedules and see if we can get them out the door in time, but if it's just not working, either my husband or I will leave for a BG while the other stays behind with the kids to join later in the day. Then at least one of us will be able ride and the other can try for a BG the next day we go to HS.

I remember in the beginning of DLR GE boarding groups last summer, guest services had ways of adding 1 or 2 people to your boarding group for various reasons. Has anyone tried this for your DAS holders? I wondered if they might be willing to add one of the kids to my boarding group as an accommodation for the DAS holder and seeing that at least the parent tried and was scanned in the park at opening to get a BG (kinda like being the DAS runner).
It would not hurt to talk to the CM at guest relations about your specific concerns / needs are and see if they have any suggestions for you Hope everything works out

we're from the west coast (2 hour difference).
Are you in the Mountain or Pacific time zone? “West coast” to me means Pacific time, which is a 3-hour difference from Florida’s Eastern time zone. Just wanted to make sure you were planning the appropriate difference.

As for adding to a boarding group - you can try but I would not count on it. That idea has been discussed earlier in this thread and I believe people have been denied.

Enjoy your vacation!

Are you in the Mountain or Pacific time zone? “West coast” to me means Pacific time, which is a 3-hour difference from Florida’s Eastern time zone. Just wanted to make sure you were planning the appropriate difference.

As for adding to a boarding group - you can try but I would not count on it. That idea has been discussed earlier in this thread and I believe people have been denied.

Enjoy your vacation!
:o Phoenix, so sometimes we're the same as pacific. I was originally thinking we would be 3 hours behind and then recently found out it is only 2 right now, so maybe we'll be successful shifting schedules! Too bad I already booked all our FP+ for the afternoons 2 months ago and "dinner" ADRs at or after park close at 8-9 pm! :rolleyes:

Just got back from a Christmas trip--you scan in with your boarding group the same as everyone else. You let them know about the DAS and then they send you to a different group of CMs that stands right behind the first group ("the Brown Jackets")--they check the DAS and then usher you to the FP line.

Assuming there are no breakdowns about how long is it from the time you go into the fp+ line and finish the ride? I would just like to prepare my son for a wait so he can decide if it's something he is able to do.

Used DAS this morning to do ROTR. Just a warning, if the ride is down a lot, there will be a long line waiting for the ride to come back up. Also, that's when CM's look a little flustered when giving out info. But you still scan in at the brown umbrellas, and the 2nd red umbrellas, you will tell them you have DAS, and you go through the fastpass line.

I hope Disney figures out something with the boarding groups that would allow one person from your group to be able to grab a boarding group without the DAS holder. For the Halloween party, they allowed me and my daughter to wait on the Jack line for 3 hours while my wife waited outside the line with my son. She did get many dirty looks and backhanded comments when it was time to catch back up with us. But we were following the guidance of the CMs.

They have in their power to make personal accommodations and every CM you talk to can give you a different story.

Used DAS this morning to do ROTR. Just a warning, if the ride is down a lot, there will be a long line waiting for the ride to come back up. Also, that's when CM's look a little flustered when giving out info. But you still scan in at the brown umbrellas, and the 2nd red umbrellas, you will tell them you have DAS, and you go through the fastpass line.
Big question: from your perspective (given the reasons why you use DAS), did you see anything in the DAS return line that you think might be issues for sensitive people? Anything that might be useful to warn folks about in advance? (Obviously, no spoilers, just helpful information to prepare people in advance!) I've been asking on the DLR ROTR Superthread, but not getting any real answers. Most people are looking at this from a "using a wheelchair" perspective, but I know your POV is different. If you have any help to give, I would really appreciate it!

Big question: from your perspective (given the reasons why you use DAS), did you see anything in the DAS return line that you think might be issues for sensitive people? Anything that might be useful to warn folks about in advance? (Obviously, no spoilers, just helpful information to prepare people in advance!) I've been asking on the DLR ROTR Superthread, but not getting any real answers. Most people are looking at this from a "using a wheelchair" perspective, but I know your POV is different. If you have any help to give, I would really appreciate it!
The issue we came across was the big mess of a line/mob right in front of the ride when it kept breaking down. So if anyone is a DAS user with crowd anxiety, be aware. Also, I know DAS is for non-mobility issues, but there are guests with mobility issues who use DAS for other ne , so going back and forth to see if the ride is running, or waiting in that big mob can be an issue.

We rode on 1/22, which was one of the worst days for the ride. When we got an answer from a CM, they were nice and said even if you returned to the ride after your boarding group had ended they would honor it since the ride was doing so poorly.

During this boarding group process, you def have to bring patience! Be kind to the CM’s. They are doing their best, and with all the uncertainty with this ride, it’s causing a lot of anger with guests.
(I put some info behind the spoiler thread to be safe)
the DAS/fastpass line was fine. It didn’t have much in it that I can remember (long morning and I was exhausted by the time we went through) if there is anyone who has issues with transitions and stimulation you may have problems with the ride itself. It’s pretty long too, on top of the fact it isn’t running reliably can throw you off some. but that’s all I can think of

I hope Disney figures out something with the boarding groups that would allow one person from your group to be able to grab a boarding group without the DAS holder. For the Halloween party, they allowed me and my daughter to wait on the Jack line for 3 hours while my wife waited outside the line with my son. She did get many dirty looks and backhanded comments when it was time to catch back up with us. But we were following the guidance of the CMs.

They have in their power to make personal accommodations and every CM you talk to can give you a different story.

There's a huge difference between these two scenarios. First off, you got in line and stayed there, and adding two more to your group did not change the dynamics of the rest of the queue. You met Jack as one group, and it doesn't matter what size that group is. For obtaining a BG for RotR, it requires a park ticket, first off. Just think what the scalpers would do if you only had to have one person in the park to get a boarding group? People would be selling Magic Bands outside the park entrance. To allow one category of people special access to a very limited attraction would be unfair. There are many people besides those with a DAS that cannot get a BG. It's a lot like the problem that arose at Radiator Springs when so many people were accessing the FP queue with a GAC that it caused a breakdown of the FP system.

Now, if they let anyone get a BG, and had a way to stop the scalpers? Sure, have one person be the BG runner. But what do they do when the BG is immediate, etc?

The issue we came across was the big mess of a line/mob right in front of the ride when it kept breaking down. So if anyone is a DAS user with crowd anxiety, be aware. Also, I know DAS is for non-mobility issues, but there are guests with mobility issues who use DAS for other ne , so going back and forth to see if the ride is running, or waiting in that big mob can be an issue.

We rode on 1/22, which was one of the worst days for the ride. When we got an answer from a CM, they were nice and said even if you returned to the ride after your boarding group had ended they would honor it since the ride was doing so poorly.

During this boarding group process, you def have to bring patience! Be kind to the CM’s. They are doing their best, and with all the uncertainty with this ride, it’s causing a lot of anger with guests.
(I put some info behind the spoiler thread to be safe)
the DAS/fastpass line was fine. It didn’t have much in it that I can remember (long morning and I was exhausted by the time we went through) if there is anyone who has issues with transitions and stimulation you may have problems with the ride itself. It’s pretty long too, on top of the fact it isn’t running reliably can throw you off some. but that’s all I can think of
Thank you for this! Very helpful. If you haven't already, can you post this in the DLR ROTR Superthread? I'm sure it will help people there!

Thank you midnight star! This is exactly why I will not even consider using a DAS for this ride until the crowds lessen. I suspected that the crowds and movement would be excessive at the ride. For me, that part would be worse than having to wait to get a boarding group.
The ride will still be there when the crowds lessen and I will enjoy it so much more!

Thank you for confirming that the DAS is available, with two disabled people in our party it would have been almost impossible for us to get there at silly o clock as injections and medication are time sensitive and without being able to have a private area outside of the park to attend to this, it just would not have worked

Thank you midnight star! This is exactly why I will not even consider using a DAS for this ride until the crowds lessen. I suspected that the crowds and movement would be excessive at the ride. For me, that part would be worse than having to wait to get a boarding group.
The ride will still be there when the crowds lessen and I will enjoy it so much more!
Totally understand! I’m very glad we rode it! It was an amazing ride! But I don’t think I’ll be doing it again until there’s a more normal boarding procedure and the ride is running more reliably.

You did have to get there early to get a boarding group though, correct? Some people are interpreting your post as you didn’t need to get there early to get a boarding group

Thank you for confirming that the DAS is available, with two disabled people in our party it would have been almost impossible for us to get there at silly o clock as injections and medication are time sensitive and without being able to have a private area outside of the park to attend to this, it just would not have worked
You still have to join a boarding group. We got to the gates at HS at 5:35, they started scanning magic bands at 6:20. We joined right at 7am and got group 18.

What you do is, everyone who wants to ride, gets a boarding group. When your group gets called, go to the front of the line to scan in. After scanning in to confirm you have the boarding group, ask where the DAS line is. They will direct you a few feet away to the next umbrella where they scan your magic band to confirm you’re registered with DAS, and then send you to the ride that way.

(more info behind the spoiler thread)
the DAS line (which will also be the fastpass line) takes you past the dark caves and hallways. We didn’t go through them at all.

You still have to join a boarding group. We got to the gates at HS at 5:35, they started scanning magic bands at 6:20. We joined right at 7am and got group 18.

What you do is, everyone who wants to ride, gets a boarding group. When your group gets called, go to the front of the line to scan in. After scanning in to confirm you have the boarding group, ask where the DAS line is. They will direct you a few feet away to the next umbrella where they scan your magic band to confirm you’re registered with DAS, and then send you to the ride that way.

(more info behind the spoiler thread)
the DAS line (which will also be the fastpass line) takes you past the dark caves and hallways. We didn’t go through them at all.

Ahh that is us out then, hopefully they may change the system before our August trip #fingerscrossed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter