Dancing with the Stars...A Guilty Pleasure

I agree with you Viki, that the judges were finally making sense with their comments and scores. I'm still mad that Tatum was gone and the P person was out there. Hopefully, he'll be gone tonight! The Lips did make a good showing!

Who is the blonde wrestling gal? She looked quite nice last night ;)

I'm so bad at names, but is it Stacey? My teenage son walked in last week while we were watching and recognized her right away - doing a head-snapping double take, and saying. "Is that Stacey?" - or whatever her name is. He actually sat down with his two moms and sister and watched her.

Yeah, she and her partner are real contenders!

I thought Master P showed a great effort, but it's time for him to go. I'm definitely pulling for either Drew (he's my #1 choice) or Lisa.

Scott and I watch this and we are hooked! Scott calls Lisa R-fish lips, he has since she was on Days of our Lives! Master P needs to go, the others wants to be there and he is just not into it! And get rid of that HAT!

Dan

I agree Mr P needs to go. I really do not have a favorite right now, I just enjoy watching.

I love this show!!. I am happy that Tatum got knocked off. I didn't like her that much. I am in love with gizelle and Ashley(P's partner). She was so awesome in the last season. BUt I also like Jerry rice, he is so funny. I hope that scince Dre did so good this week no one votes for him to stay in and he gets eliminated.

I can't believe it. It was just announced that P and Ashely have survived one more week - which really means that someone more deserving has been cut.

SHOOT!

The barely moveing P wins over the elegant Giselle? Oh, my, please pass another dirty!

I am in utter shock that that oaf Master P is still on this show. How could they even think to elimate Giselle?????

ARRGHH!!!!!!!!!

Linda

LJC1861 said:
I am in utter shock that that oaf Master P is still on this show. How could they even think to elimate Giselle?????

ARRGHH!!!!!!!!!

Linda

I'm with you, friend. This is unbelievable. I think the demographic has struck again.

Viki,

Giselle even said it herself....that rap stars have a bigger fan base then newswomen. I really think that the telephone vote gets too much credit. I think that the judges votes should count for more, otherwise it just becomes a popularity contest.

Linda

I missed the results last night ... can't believe that Giselle is out and Master P is still in!! She moved well but Master P ... well, as I said before he moved like a monolith. I guess it's all the kids with their cell phones calling in. Actually, one that I'm sort of rooting for is George Hamilton. Yes, he's older and never been much of an actor but what I like is the fact that he doesn't take himself seriously. An ex was from Miami and she told me that he owned (maybe still does?) a hotel there and when they would stop by the bar for drinks after work he would be quietly sitting there in a chair doing needlepoint. Makes you wonder. ;)

I'm amazed as well. The last couple of weeks have taken a lot of the interest, for me, out of this show. The whole scenario just seems implausible. The one judge basically came out and said to P that he needed to go. I agree that the judges' votes should carry more weight. And it seems strange to me that so many younger people would even be watching this show, especially in such large numbers that they are able to influence the call-in portion. :confused3 Oh well!

PennyW said:
I'm amazed as well. The last couple of weeks have taken a lot of the interest, for me, out of this show. The whole scenario just seems implausible. The one judge basically came out and said to P that he needed to go. I agree that the judges' votes should carry more weight. And it seems strange to me that so many younger people would even be watching this show, especially in such large numbers that they are able to influence the call-in portion. :confused3 Oh well!

Penny, my teenage daughter - whom you've met! - and her friends are totally into the show, and like I said even her brother - whom you also met! - stopped to watch the wrestler lady strut her stuff.

Yep, Master P should definitely be out instead of Giselle, but he DID make that AWESOME basketball shot through his legs with the basket behind him!! Holy smokes! But the guy soooo can not dance. I agree it seems to be a popularity contest, and that helps explain why Kenny and Giselle are both gone - because they're newscasters without a following. I'm glad to see the show limited votes per phone number, even if it IS eight instead of two or three. But I think even though P doesn't want to give up the shoes, or toss his 'lucky hat' to fit in, I still think he deserves a lot of credit for stepping in (and at the last minute) when his son couldn't do it, and for still trying pretty darn hard, and having such a good attitude instead of *****in' about it. And even though it's really not his thing, he hasn't quit! Not everyone is meant to have swivel hips and be a great dancer, but he's trying, so that should count. But yeh, I hope he's out soon.
I'm also GLAD the judge said P should go, but at least he was pretty polite about it instead of how Simon Cowell would have said it!! - and it NEEDED to be said. And Tatum, geez, I like her as an actress, and she was fun the first episode, but then she turned into a whiney, complaining, crying little brat before she was booted off, and that was what turned me off and made me glad she was gone. Otherwise, I'd have liked to see her stick around longer. I didn't look forward to possibly seeing weeks and weeks of that attitude. I know others complain, but her way was different. And what was part of her interview comment, something like "I don't think I like this show anymore." Wonder why she's gone? Duh!
Does anyone else but me think Louis looks much better with his ponytail cut off? I'm so glad Lisa dragged him in to the stylist and that he let her! (He gave the info in his blog on show website, and said the show taped the whole thing so maybe we'll see part of it.)
As for some being surprised that younger people are watching, of course they are! Where have you been? Ballroom dancing was picking up even before the show, and look at the variety of celebs they have... actors and actresses, newscasters, a football star, a rap star (and former basketball player), a female wrestler and a singer. And there's probably an equal variety of viewers new to the show as a result. I doubt wrestling fans or male football fans would have been watching the show before, but they are now! I think it's awesome. Let's just hope though that it will eventually be the best dancers competing!!

So??????? Will Mr. P triumph again? Did you hear, he's practiced a total of 20 hours, while the others have averaged 110?

P is gone! Now it gets serious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter