• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dancing with the Stars...A Guilty Pleasure

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
OK, I confess, not only do I like the more PC "The L Word," I absolutely ADORE "Dancing with the Stars." I mean come on, some of those guys have to be gay!

So while I was happy that big-lips Lisa Renna (sp?) survived the cut last night, I was very unhappy that ESPN sports commentator guy Kenny got cut. Of course he was awful, but he was also awfully funny. The dreaded audience with their incredibly youthful demographic strikes again!

Anybody else except me and Penny hooked on this one?

My partner Joi and I are also hooked on this. We are trying to find ballroom dance lessons for gay couples in the DC area because it has been a dream of mine since I was young to learn to ballroom and tap dance. She is willing to learn so we have more couple time.

I love it! I actually forced DFi to watch it with me the other night and he seemed to think it was ok. I'm very disappointed that Master P made the cut. What was that about?? I guess it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know.

This a great show, Last year was so much fun to watch I couldnt wait till this season, now I have to work nights and ahave to tape it but thats okay still fun to catch up. :earsgirl:

I needed some mindless TV to escape from the stress that has become my life these days and lo and behold....I stumbled upon what I needed! :rotfl: And yes I am hooked! Being that I am a reality junkie, I guess I am not surprised. But, I was surprised to hear the ESPN sports guy mention he was listening to Dead Man Walking by Pearl Jam before the show where he was eliminated. My other passion besides Disney is PEARL JAM! Why did they have to be mentioned on Dancing with the Stars? :scratchin Of course, I WAS watching it myself...so how could I complain about that? :teeth:

Viki said:
Anybody else except me and Penny hooked on this one?
I'm still loving it. Go Giselle and Tatum! The Master P thing was astounding to me - why is he still there?

Other television addictions: The OC, Lost, Medium, CSI Miami, L Word, Survivor, -- and yes it's back this week - Beauty & the Geek :upsidedow

Husbear & I "accidently" caught an episode last year. We had a snake/mongoose thing going the entire episode:

"Must...turn...away...horrid...fascination...too...strong"

What was really bad was that Husbear would give his opinion and then the third judge would give the same opinion word for word! I'm happy for J. Peterman but we just can't watch it.

Love it! I can't believe Master P made it to next week- That's going to be interesting to watch! My favorite part is always the footage from when they're learning, I wish they had more of that! (I guess because I spend hours ever week at the dance studio, it's fun to see other people suffer, too! ;) )

Does everyone know this is on again in 15 minutes?????

I'm not too keen on the host, but I like to watch the dancing.

At our house, the favorite guilty pleasure is Dog the Bounty Hunter (which we refer to as the Beth Show).

Janet

Shoot me! I just voted for Lisa and Louis. I think they are way to hard on Lisa and I'm thinking Louis MIGHT be family???

My favorites are Giselle (her partner is most definitely family), and Nick. Tatum was a bit grouchy last night, wasn't she? Still fun to watch :flower:

Yes, I still love our favorite little Narcissist - Tatum darling! But that routine last night was really awful. Still, they were the other couple I phoned in, becauase I'm thinking together with Lisa and Louis, they might really need it. The big vote off happens in thirty minutes.

Tatum was not good last night, but to be fair, she struggled with it and I just don't think the rumba speaks to her (and what kind of a "dance" is rumba anyway...it's basically walking and posing...I think the quickstep people had a *much* harder time last night). I'm looking for Master P to be gone gone gone next week (for christ sake, PUT THE SHOES ON!!!)

But I agree with the judges, Stacy and Tony were HOT HOT HOT last night and she was the only one who I watched do the rumba and said "Why there's actually a dance there...she's really moving her feet in time with the music. What a concept!"

Penny, can you believe that Tatum got voted off??? I'm so heartbroken. I'm with you, there are certainly other teams to like, but Tatum was, well, TATUM!

SeattleRedBear said:
I'm looking for Master P to be gone gone gone next week (for christ sake, PUT THE SHOES ON!!!)QUOTE]

I finally caught this the other night and I can't believe Master P is still on - he's like a monolith on granite legs! If those were his lucky shoes then he is in deep trouble. My vote is for Giselle. Wasn't she on the national news a long time ago? If so, I think her career as a serious reporter is over ... but not to worry, she looks good on the dance floor.

Saxton said:
SeattleRedBear said:
I'm looking for Master P to be gone gone gone next week (for christ sake, PUT THE SHOES ON!!!)QUOTE]

I finally caught this the other night and I can't believe Master P is still on - he's like a monolith on granite legs! If those were his lucky shoes then he is in deep trouble. My vote is for Giselle. Wasn't she on the national news a long time ago? If so, I think her career as a serious reporter is over ... but not too worry, she looks good on the dance floor.

Now that Tatum is history, Giselle has moved into second place in my heart (following Lisa the Lips).

(following Lisa the Lips).
Viki - You and your lip fettish! ;)

I was so mad about Tatum being voted off. She didn't deserve to be booted yet! It was funny how she kept saying "I'm an actress".

Yes, I'm with you Penny. No way Tatum should have been gone yet. Aside from an off night, I think she and others are being hurt by the younger demographic this show draws - or at least draws to actually call in. That's why even though I am very OLD :) and feel very silly, I still pick up the phone and call in to support which ever old fogey it looks like needs my support the most.

What did you all think of the results from last night? I thought that the judges exhibited the most internal consistency I've seen so far and, once again, I hope P gets the boot tonight.

Hey, and my girl Lisa (of the lips!) really made a nice comeback, say?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter