D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal guess is it will go up to $3000 this year, as it was $2500 last year and $2000 the one before that.

I also thought it was $2,500 last year, but I just looked up last year's post, and pasted it above. It said it was actually $2,000, unless it changed after that. But my guess is it will raise to $2,500 this year. A $500 increase I could see, but $1,000 seems excessive to me. Unless they're adding $1,000 worth of perks.

We want Sorcerer's because it would help M (my fiance's) anxiety. We didn't get it last year and while we had a great time not having to stand in incredibly long lines for everything would be nice.

I believe you've posted that before, I remember you saying that. Are you going to try for them this year? I wish I could afford it. I hope you are able to get them!

I believe you've posted that before, I remember you saying that. Are you going to try for them this year? I wish I could afford it. I hope you are able to get them!

We are. If not I hope they offer the same accommodation they did to us last time. I manage my anxiety a lot better in lines as it usually isn't crowd based so they let me hold his badge and then he would meet me at the end of the line. The few panels we did get into he was okay if we were in the inside pen but when we were out in the Anaheim heat he didn't do so well. Again they let him stand in the shade while I held his spot by holding his badge.

It's funny, I really thought it was too. My hopes is that it won't raise more than $500. We shall see though.

Honestly if they were still $1500 like in 2013, I would 100% be getting one. $2500 is a bit too much to swallow though. I wonder why we both thought they were $2500 last year. I would have bet on it.

We are. If not I hope they offer the same accommodation they did to us last time. I manage my anxiety a lot better in lines as it usually isn't crowd based so they let me hold his badge and then he would meet me at the end of the line. The few panels we did get into he was okay if we were in the inside pen but when we were out in the Anaheim heat he didn't do so well. Again they let him stand in the shade while I held his spot by holding his badge.

Ah yes, thankfully I never had to do any outside lining up. And I think July will be even worse for heat, though not by much. There are soooo many panels I want to see and not enough time to wait in line and see them all. I hate having to choose.

Honestly if they were still $1500 like in 2013, I would 100% be getting one. $2500 is a bit too much to swallow though. I wonder why we both thought they were $2500 last year. I would have bet on it.

Yes, I specifically remember them being $1,500 in 2013, so I guess it makes sense if they were only $2,000 last year. Like I said, it seems excessive to go up $1,000 dollars from the year prior. They did, however, say that members asked for more perks and they delivered. You never know. It does seem to be there clear in black and white though. We'll see. I am going to Destination D for the first time this year, and I did go for the VIP Ticket. I believe it was $1,100 this year. I'm just waiting on pins and needles for the pricing to come out! haha.

I would be really tempted to do it, but we'd have to buy two so I don't think this would be in our future. 2K is one thing, 4K (or even 5) for three days is quite another. At that point it'd still be cheaper to just pay the hawks on eBay if there is a must have for me... :rolleyes:

I would be really tempted to do it, but we'd have to buy two so I don't think this would be in our future. 2K is one thing, 4K (or even 5) for three days is quite another. At that point it'd still be cheaper to just pay the hawks on eBay if there is a must have for me... :rolleyes:

haha understandable. It's definitely a nice chunk of change no matter which way you slice it :).

D23 is one big marketing ploy on the showroom floor. SDCC has more street cred.

If you make it into the one big D23 presentation, thats cool

Last edited:
D23 is one big marketing ploy on the showroom floor. SDCC has more street cred.

If you make it into the one big D23 presentation, thats cool

Which exactly is the "one big" presentation? Animation? Live Action? Parks and Resorts? Disney Interactive? Legends?

Or what about getting to see John Lasseter talk about the Jungle Cruise? Is that worth it? What about hearing 8 Disney Imagineers (past and present) talk about their jobs? And getting to hear Richard Sherman talk about how he and his brother came up with the Small World song.

If you don't find it worth it to go, by all means don't. One less person I have to wait in line with.

^^^

SDCC is a super crowded mess. I'd rather see any of those panels you mentioned than camp out all night (again) just to not even get into Hall H for 1 Marvel panel.

Would love to get Sorcerer tickets but $5000-$6000 for two people on top of flights and hotels is just out of the question for me. Who needs sleep, right? Queues can be fun :stitch2:

Would love to get Sorcerer tickets but $5000-$6000 for two people on top of flights and hotels is just out of the question for me. Who needs sleep, right? Queues can be fun :stitch2:

I had a lot of fun in some of the queues we waited in last time. We played cards and chatted with fellow Disney fans.

I guess I'm just being too impatient at this point, but I'm DYING for them to release the ticket prices for the expo! lol It's getting so close to the date to actually purchase the tickets, that I'm getting super excited. In my head I feel like the pricing announcement means it'll be here that much sooner. Anyone feel the same??

I guess I'm just being too impatient at this point, but I'm DYING for them to release the ticket prices for the expo! lol It's getting so close to the date to actually purchase the tickets, that I'm getting super excited. In my head I feel like the pricing announcement means it'll be here that much sooner. Anyone feel the same??

Yes, I'm getting excited for the announcement to buy tickets, and then I realize that there's still another year to wait! Also planning on booking the Hilton Anaheim as soon as possible.

Has anyone heard word on the prices for this year. I realize they go on sale in less than two weeks and I haven't been able to locate prices or packages for the Expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter