D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard word on the prices for this year. I realize they go on sale in less than two weeks and I haven't been able to locate prices or packages for the Expo.

Nope no word. Kind of ridiculous at this point. We are making sure we have quiet a bit over last year set aside just in case.

Why does this have to be in July? Everything is in July. I was hoping it'd be in August. :worried: Would it be worth going just Saturday/Sunday? I can't take Fridays off in July. Any other month, sure, but not July.

Why does this have to be in July? Everything is in July. I was hoping it'd be in August. :worried: Would it be worth going just Saturday/Sunday? I can't take Fridays off in July. Any other month, sure, but not July.

I think it's worth it just for the two days. Last year it was in August. Not sure why they're doing July this time.

I think it's worth it just for the two days. Last year it was in August. Not sure why they're doing July this time.

July is easier logistically. I believe it is the week after San Diego Comic Con so they only have to pay travel and lodging for celebrities across 1 week (half in San Diego half in Anaheim) and the extra tech teams get brought in for just a solid week in July instead of spread across 2 months.

Does anyone recall from previous years how quickly the tickets sell out once they go on sale? Thanks in advance!

I was quite surprised at the price for Sorcerer's tickets when I first saw it but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced. I live in Australia so the panels and shopping opportunities are just too good to pass up.

How quickly do they sell out?
What time do you think they'd be released? Hopefully it'll be afternoon in Australia so I won't need to get up really early!

I was quite surprised at the price for Sorcerer's tickets when I first saw it but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced. I live in Australia so the panels and shopping opportunities are just too good to pass up.

How quickly do they sell out?
What time do you think they'd be released? Hopefully it'll be afternoon in Australia so I won't need to get up really early!

Hey fellow Aussie
Last time they went on sale I think 2am here - I got up and was online but sorcerers tickets were gone before I could get to the checkout.
Just had a weekend pass in the end which was fun. Got to do all the shopping, did miss out on some of the panels though.

Sorcerers Tickets will sell out immediately...
$2250 is expensive, but there are many benefits :wizard:

A few questions for D23 Expo experts:
  • How many Sorcerer's Passes are sold?
  • What is the best forum for Expo discussions?

Not sure how many sell but since there are no media passes these sell out almost instantly because every major Disney news website buys them for their crew and then major fans as well. We are going to try but will be fine with a 3 day if we don't get it.

I think they sell in the 300 range of Sorcerer tickets. I have to admit, I thought they were going to be at least $2500 this year and $2250 is pretty tempting.

There's no specific D23 Expo forum that I know of, so feel free to talk about it or ask questions on this thread.

Is it just me or is the link to the "pricing structure" just re-directing to the same landing page? I'm curious to see how much 3 day tickets would be.

Thanks everyone!
That's 1am in Aus :( sigh guess that's a late night for me!

Yeah the links for pricing structure just take me back to the main page too.

What was a 3 day ticket last year? I am thinking about planning a trip to Cali but I need to set up a budget. Family of 5 will be going so I am really going to have to save!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter