D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see it go back to August. Did not like it so close to Comic Con, I think it adds to the crowds, especially for the Studios Live Action panel. Which is ironic because they saved most of the interesting Marvel/SW stuff for CC this time. The "best" material shown at Live Action was from the Disney studios, not Marvel or Lucas.

Airfare from east coast is higher in July, as were the hotel rates, I think.

But I will probably be there either way.

Agree with the above. We didn't like the feeling of everything being so scripted, like things were being held back to be announced at CC. We also didn't like the vibe we encountered from some people -- what we described as "hardcore con" folks vs. Disney lovers. Does that make sense? We just seemed to run into more people this time around who clearly didn't give a hoot about the magic, but wanted stuff or autographs or loot to sell on eBay. These people had an edge, that's for sure. Total contrast to the Disney fans we met who had the sparkle even when they were exhausted. Yes, we'll be there again in July or August (hoping for August!), but we'd love to see the emphasis swing back to Disney doing what they do best, not Disney trying to imitate CC. Just my two cents...

Agree with the above. We didn't like the feeling of everything being so scripted, like things were being held back to be announced at CC. We also didn't like the vibe we encountered from some people -- what we described as "hardcore con" folks vs. Disney lovers. Does that make sense? We just seemed to run into more people this time around who clearly didn't give a hoot about the magic, but wanted stuff or autographs or loot to sell on eBay. These people had an edge, that's for sure. Total contrast to the Disney fans we met who had the sparkle even when they were exhausted. Yes, we'll be there again in July or August (hoping for August!), but we'd love to see the emphasis swing back to Disney doing what they do best, not Disney trying to imitate CC. Just my two cents...

Agreed.

Highlights from my personal highlight of the weekend, if anyone who didn't get to go to this panel is interested. I haven't watched it yet so not sure how much footage there is.

https://d23.com/d23-video/d23-expo-2017-highlights-the-power-of-the-princess/

I haven't watched the entire thing yet, but it does include the four guests all singing at the end of the panel. And it does NOT include the scene from Wreck-It Ralph 2, which is a bummer, but also totally expected.

I haven't watched the entire thing yet, but it does include the four guests all singing at the end of the panel. And it does NOT include the scene from Wreck-It Ralph 2, which is a bummer, but also totally expected.

I figured it wouldn't include the Wreck it Ralph scene, but happily surprised they included the singing! Although I would have loved to watch the Wreck it Ralph scene again.

I'm indifferent to the July versus August issue.

I will never go to SDCC, I have interest but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of tickets/hotels/parking. It's just too stressful. I have a friend that sometimes manages to get single day passes through a work thing and I live vicariously through her.

But the back-to-back major events did feel like neither got their full due in 2017.

I'm indifferent to the July versus August issue.

I will never go to SDCC, I have interest but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of tickets/hotels/parking. It's just too stressful. I have a friend that sometimes manages to get single day passes through a work thing and I live vicariously through her.

But the back-to-back major events did feel like neither got their full due in 2017.

I used to think I would love to go to SDCC, but after talking to a lot of people who have gone, it's sounds so stressful. I'll probably just stick with D23!

D23 Expo 2019 dates have been announced! (Aug 23-25, 2019) Will we continue here or will there be a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter