• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for replying, it's good to know I could manage both! I think I'm most nervous about getting my cosplay all ready by myself.
Just remember if you're planning to do both on the same day, while cosplay is welcomed at the expo there are costume restrictions at the parks.
  • Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older
  • Masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Thank you for replying, it's good to know I could manage both! I think I'm most nervous about getting my cosplay all ready by myself. I'll have to look more into the schedule to make sure I can see what I want to see. How exactly do the panels work, do you just wait in line like at normal conventions or is there a different method?

For the main stage panels you wait in line like other conventions. No one is 100% sure how it will work this year since Gold members are suppose to have a line for seats and then everyone else but I would not count on the gold line actually doing anything for you. IF it works out great but don't plan on it.

For the other panels not on the main stage they have stage pass. If the panel starts after 11 you can get a stage pass and you can get 2 a day but only 1 per a session so 1 morning session stagepass and 1afternoon stage pass.

If you are doing panels where you have ot be up and out in your cosplay and in line at 4/5am or you are the type to overnight then I don't think you could follow our schedule. We DO NOT over night ever. Just doesn't compute with our way of life haha. So if I have to show up earlier then 6 or 7am I just say well I'll hear about it later and enjoy my morning. Since we don't over night we have no problems staying out at the parks until midnight. If you over night for a panel or are constantly getting to the con super early then don't count on also have the energy to do the parks after the expo.

Just remember if you're planning to do both on the same day, while cosplay is welcomed at the expo there are costume restrictions at the parks.
  • Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older
  • Masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/
Thank you, I'm familiar with the park costume policies, I was just cosplaying for the convention. Wandering around the parks in a full dress would be a little much for me I'll stick to mickey ears and shorts :earboy2:

Last edited:
For the main stage panels you wait in line like other conventions. No one is 100% sure how it will work this year since Gold members are suppose to have a line for seats and then everyone else but I would not count on the gold line actually doing anything for you. IF it works out great but don't plan on it.

For the other panels not on the main stage they have stage pass. If the panel starts after 11 you can get a stage pass and you can get 2 a day but only 1 per a session so 1 morning session stagepass and 1afternoon stage pass.

If you are doing panels where you have ot be up and out in your cosplay and in line at 4/5am or you are the type to overnight then I don't think you could follow our schedule. We DO NOT over night ever. Just doesn't compute with our way of life haha. So if I have to show up earlier then 6 or 7am I just say well I'll hear about it later and enjoy my morning. Since we don't over night we have no problems staying out at the parks until midnight. If you over night for a panel or are constantly getting to the con super early then don't count on also have the energy to do the parks after the expo.
Makes sense, I don't think I'll do any overnight things that's a little aggressive for my first time, I also prefer to enjoy my mornings. I think I'll just focus on a few panels and hopefully get a lot of pictures and make some new friends. Thank you for all your advice you have been extremely helpful!

Yes, I was going to say, that your way of doing it will not work for most of us who have to wait for hours in the morning. It won't be possible to go to the parks after being up at 4am and then having to get up again then the next day. :rotfl:

Yes, I was going to say, that your way of doing it will not work for most of us who have to wait for hours in the morning. It won't be possible to go to the parks after being up at 4am and then having to get up again then the next day. :rotfl:

Yeah even 2015 when we did not have sorcerers we still did the parks that way. I just won't get in line at 4am to be able to see something that will be online the next day. Personal preference thing but unless I can pay for VIP I just go to cons not expecting to do the early morning panels. 2015 we basically did all stagepass stuff so the waiting wasn't nearly that early. That's the great thing about Expos and conventions is everyone can do it their way and have a great time!

If I haven't purchased my tickets for Disneyland with the D23 offer yet, can I still do that? Are the tickets sent by an email? Or would they have been sent with the credentials that I got in the mail a couple days ago?

That doesn't help me. I already have my tickets for the Expo. I'm asking about the D23 Disneyland tickets.
Sorry, was not reading closely enough!

I have a link for that but am not sure if it is OK to share it here. You can try the phone number on the page behind the link:

upload_2017-6-30_12-27-47.png

If I haven't purchased my tickets for Disneyland with the D23 offer yet, can I still do that? Are the tickets sent by an email? Or would they have been sent with the credentials that I got in the mail a couple days ago?

My discount DL tickets were sent through email immediately after I purchased them. Just in case you care, the discount on these was about the exact same as the discount offered by the website LMT.

My discount DL tickets were sent through email immediately after I purchased them. Just in case you care, the discount on these was about the exact same as the discount offered by the website LMT.
I went ahead and bought my tickets. Thanks. There really wasn't much of a discount, but a discount is something I guess. I also think the twilight tickets are a lot more expensive than I would be willing to pay. That's also part of the reason why I won't go to the parks probably during the Expo. I'll be very mad with myself if Fantasmic does some surprise previews during D23 weekend though. I was really hoping that show would be up and running by the time D23 came around.

I went ahead and bought my tickets. Thanks. There really wasn't much of a discount, but a discount is something I guess. I also think the twilight tickets are a lot more expensive than I would be willing to pay. That's also part of the reason why I won't go to the parks probably during the Expo. I'll be very mad with myself if Fantasmic does some surprise previews during D23 weekend though. I was really hoping that show would be up and running by the time D23 came around.

Yeah the twilight tickets seemed like a bit of a rip off. The rumors that I've heard say that if there are previews of F! it will likely be a monetized one. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Christian Milan just posted a video in regards to what/what not to bring in preparation for the Expo. I thought it provided really great tips and i'll be going off his list in regards to what to bring for the weekend!

Link to Video!

So to recap for myself - there are 3 stores - Disney Store, Dream Store and Mickey's of Glendale right? I'm starting to confuse myself. LOL

Also - can you walk up to the Toy Story Lot to catch a bus to the parks from there? I seem to remember being able to do that in 2013 and want to confirm it's an option still since I'm staying at the Marriott right at the convention center.

This weekend I'll be going through all of my paperwork and trying to figure out what panels I want to do and think I'll make it to besides Parks and Resorts and the Alan Menken concert - those are my main 2.
Plus I want to make a list of what I'd like to buy and what store it is in so I stay on track. It's going to be a fun weekend for sure!

@GaSleepingBeautyFan The three stores you listed are the official choices, but there are other shopping venues: Disney partners (like American Tourister) will have booths were they sell things. Additionally, the Collectors Forum (I believe that's what it is now called) has booths selling memorabilia, art, etc...lots of shopping.

So to recap for myself - there are 3 stores - Disney Store, Dream Store and Mickey's of Glendale right? I'm starting to confuse myself. LOL

Also - can you walk up to the Toy Story Lot to catch a bus to the parks from there? I seem to remember being able to do that in 2013 and want to confirm it's an option still since I'm staying at the Marriott right at the convention center.

This weekend I'll be going through all of my paperwork and trying to figure out what panels I want to do and think I'll make it to besides Parks and Resorts and the Alan Menken concert - those are my main 2.
Plus I want to make a list of what I'd like to buy and what store it is in so I stay on track. It's going to be a fun weekend for sure!

Yes, those are the three main stores.

Yes, you can walk to Toy Story Lot and catch a shuttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter