• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 a day is more realisictic and chose the one of those that is the more important just in case.
They hand them out and you are "guarenteed" a spot in that panel if you return durinf the return time. You can only hold 1 per a slot so first half and second half of the day and they are for the smaller panels not the big ones.

Ok. So, would this be a much better plan? For the Lion King, will that be stagepass since it is that early in the morning? I think the doors open at like 9 if I remember correctly. I arriving between 4-5 a.m. ok each day, or should I plan on even earlier. I don't want to arrive earlier...lets just say that lol.

Friday:
- Disney Legends - 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Melodies in Walt's Time: The Music of Disney Live-Action Films - 6:00p.m.-7:30 p.m.

Saturday:
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - 3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (not sure when I should line up for this).
- A Kiss Goodnight with Richard Sherman and Floyd Norman - 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.

Sunday:
- Celebration of an Animated Classic: The Lion King - 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Could you guess by my profile picture that I would want to go to this lol)
- A Whole New World of Alan Menken - 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (or the first show which is at 1 or 2 I believe)

I would then do the show floor/shop/eat during the rest of the time.

@lurkergirl did you get the schedule today? I'm excited for the pirate party but confused about the host taking us to the shops.

I did...lots of good info, although people are freaking out about the "entry at the same time bit"...I think they are reading too much into it. :rotfl:

My understanding of the walked into the various shops is because they aren't finished setting up and don't wandering Sorcerers, for safety and liability reasons.

I agree. A lot of the afternoon panels will probably be full with stagepass peeps so if you are doing a panel when they start giving those out you probably won't have luck on an evening panel.

This is what I was trying to say succinctly but I couldn't so I just gave up.

Ok. So, would this be a much better plan? For the Lion King, will that be stagepass since it is that early in the morning? I think the doors open at like 9 if I remember correctly. I arriving between 4-5 a.m. ok each day, or should I plan on even earlier. I don't want to arrive earlier...lets just say that lol.

Friday:
- Melodies in Walt's Time: The Music of Disney Live-Action Films - 6:00p.m.-7:30 p.m.

Saturday:
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - 3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (not sure when I should line up for this).

Sunday:
- Celebration of an Animated Classic: The Lion King - 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Could you guess by my profile picture that I would want to go to this lol)
- A Whole New World of Alan Menken - 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (or the first show which is at 1 or 2 I believe)

I would then do the show floor/shop/eat during the rest of the time.

There is no stage pass for panels before 11am. You should read up on stage pass from the D23 website because there are some intricacies to it that you should understand. https://d23.com/d23-expo/things-to-know/#storepassstagepass

I did...lots of good info, although people are freaking out about the "entry at the same time bit"...I think they are reading too much into it. :rotfl:

My understanding of the walked into the various shops is because they aren't finished setting up and don't wandering Sorcerers, for safety and liability reasons.

Yeah that caught me off guard but I was like eh we have guarenteed seats so why does it matter. I legit plan to do all my shopping on Thursday so don't need to necessarily rush to anything (except the ducktails coin jump if it isn't available Thursday).

Yeah that caught me off guard but I was like eh we have guarenteed seats so why does it matter. I legit plan to do all my shopping on Thursday so don't need to necessarily rush to anything (except the ducktails coin jump if it isn't available Thursday).

I have a feeling the line for the coin jump is going to be INSANE all weekend. I don't expect to be getting to do that.

I forgot about the coin jump! Ha!

Yeah, I'm not sure that I'd be rushing in to shop after picking up my stuff Thursday and probably adding to that haul.

Friday:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 50 Years of Swashbuckling Adventures in Disney Parks - 3:30p.m.-4:30 p.m. (even with the sad news that came out today)

Saturday:
- Level Up! The Walt Disney Company's Video Game Showcase - 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m? - This is questionable since I don't know if people can save spots in line for bigger panels. Parks and Resorts is much more important for me.

Sunday:
- Voices of Disney Parks - 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- A Whole New World of Alan Menken - 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (go to the first show if I can't get into Voices of Disney Parks).

Here are my thoughts: Friday I think if Melodies is more important to you you should get a stagepass for that then see if you can snag standby seats for Pirates (maybe even head over right after you get a stagepass to see if you can get in the D23 member line if you are a member)

Saturday I would skip the video game panel and just do Parks but I would try to get a stagepass for Kiss goodnight. This could be tricky though because live action gets out a 12:30 and that is when stagepass starts, so hope Live Action goes over in time because you want to be in the parks line before that gets out because people will queue right after they get out of live action for parks. I would keep an eye on social media on the #D23expo feed.

Sunday I would go to Lion King, after it gets out I would go to stagepass to see if there are any left for Voices, if there are ones grab them. I don't think Alan Menken will be packed for the 2nd show so I would just keep an eye on the line, again either going down there before voices and checking or just looking at social media. If you are in the voices panel and you check and the line is crazy you can always leave a panel early. However I think you should have no problem getting in. (You should be able to get into one panel Hall D23 seats 6800 people and with 2 shows that means there are 13600 seats total, and the expo usually only has around 20,000 attendees on Sunday because it is the slowest and not everyone will go to the concert)

Here are my thoughts: Friday I think if Melodies is more important to you you should get a stagepass for that then see if you can snag standby seats for Pirates (maybe even head over right after you get a stagepass to see if you can get in the D23 member line if you are a member)

Saturday I would skip the video game panel and just do Parks but I would try to get a stagepass for Kiss goodnight. This could be tricky though because live action gets out a 12:30 and that is when stagepass starts, so hope Live Action goes over in time because you want to be in the parks line before that gets out because people will queue right after they get out of live action for parks. I would keep an eye on social media on the #D23expo feed.

Sunday I would go to Lion King, after it gets out I would go to stagepass to see if there are any left for Voices, if there are ones grab them. I don't think Alan Menken will be packed for the 2nd show so I would just keep an eye on the line, again either going down there before voices and checking or just looking at social media. If you are in the voices panel and you check and the line is crazy you can always leave a panel early. However I think you should have no problem getting in. (You should be able to get into one panel Hall D23 seats 6800 people and with 2 shows that means there are 13600 seats total, and the expo usually only has around 20,000 attendees on Sunday because it is the slowest and not everyone will go to the concert)
Thank you so much for this info! Quick question for Saturday...If I might get in line for parks with someone I know, are they allowed to hold a spot if I leave the Parks line to quickly try and get a stagepass for kiss goodnight?

I am also a gold member so that should help me hopefully.

Thank you so much for this info! Quick question for Saturday...If I might get in line for parks with someone I know, are they allowed to hold a spot if I leave the Parks line to quickly try and get a stagepass?
I would ask the staff day of. For the D23 Member line they said there would be no holding places, that everyone would have to join at the same time. However I don't think they have said anything about the general line not being able to hold places. Again I would ask the staff, specifically those at the doors to hall E because what is said in the things to know and what it enforced can differ with the Expo

@wilkeliza I've done a shopping day at Mickey's of Glendale, tons of fun...if time consuming. It was similar to my Harveys experience last weekend, standing around waiting for timed entry.

My two goals are Oswald and a Hawaiian shirt.

I'm super excited for our Sorcerer experience, it's weird to not be freaked about what to stand in line for.

@AMusicLifeForMe Keep in mind that doing panels close together (90-to-120 minutes is close) might prove to be difficult. Panels are more staggered this time around, so lining up will be starting while you may be lined up for something else or in a panel.

Does Sunday seem plausible for doing the Lion King Panel, Voices of the Parks, & Legends of Imagineering? With Sunday being the least crowded day.

Thank you so much for this info! Quick question for Saturday...If I might get in line for parks with someone I know, are they allowed to hold a spot if I leave the Parks line to quickly try and get a stagepass for kiss goodnight?

I am also a gold member so that should help me hopefully.
In 2015 you could do this. From what they are saying about thus year it sounds like they are not going to allow it.

However, since Parks is in the afternoon, I would get the stagepass first thing in the morning when you get there for your #2 preference and then get in line for parks. In fact, if it is like 2015 as far as line length, you probably can wait until 11AM or even Noon to get in line for Parks and will be fine. If one cannot do that then I will be hosed since I am planning to go to Live Action movies (10:30AM-12:30PM) and then go right to Parks after it lets out. I did this in 2015 (and 2011 and 2013) and had no problem.

:wizard:

This will be my first time attending D23, I'll be traveling solo. I would like to go to both the convention and the parks, I will be staying at the Magnolia Tree Hotel, and I'll be cosplaying. I guess I'm just looking for any tips on how the convention typically goes, do most people go to the park after? Are there a lot of cosplayers? Is it realistic to do both? I'm very new to this so I appreciate any help, thank you!

This will be my first time attending D23, I'll be traveling solo. I would like to go to both the convention and the parks, I will be staying at the Magnolia Tree Hotel, and I'll be cosplaying. I guess I'm just looking for any tips on how the convention typically goes, do most people go to the park after? Are there a lot of cosplayers? Is it realistic to do both? I'm very new to this so I appreciate any help, thank you!
When I lived in CA, I avoided the parks during D23 even though I never went to the convention. I went one time while the convention was going on several years ago, and it was a bad idea. This time, I am going to the parks two days prior and then just doing the Expo since I plan to do a lot of early mornings. If I go over to Disneyland during the Expo one night, it will be to go to Downtown Disney. This will be my first time attending the Expo as well.

When I lived in CA, I avoided the parks during D23 even though I never went to the convention. I went one time while the convention was going on several years ago, and it was a bad idea. This time, I am going to the parks two days prior and then just doing the Expo since I plan to do a lot of early mornings. If I go over to Disneyland during the Expo one night, it will be to go to Downtown Disney. This will be my first time attending the Expo as well.
Thank you for the advice, I'm not too worried about the crowds or anything like that, I haven't been to Disneyland before and I'm in the military so time off is a bit hard to come by I'm just trying to see if there are people who do both and how they manage it all. Looking forward to seeing you at the Expo!

Thank you for the advice, I'm not too worried about the crowds or anything like that, I haven't been to Disneyland before and I'm in the military so time off is a bit hard to come by I'm just trying to see if there are people who do both and how they manage it all. Looking forward to seeing you at the Expo!
Thank you very much for your service! Another thing might be is how long you plan to be at the Expo. As the night approaches, I'm sure it will be getting more crowded than earlier on in the day.

Yep we do both. So we will get in Tuesday then have Wednesday as park only day. 2015 we also had Thursday but this year we have Sorcerers ticket so busy mostly Thursday. Friday we will do Legends and Pixar/Animation and be done by 4:30. Probably go swim for a couple hours then head to the parks. Disneyland is open until midnight so will get some good park time in. Saturday again Live Action&Video Game/Parks and resort and possible kiss goodnight. If we want more park/swim time we'll ax kiss goodnight and head out after parks and resorts to swim and again go to the parks for a couple hours. Then Sunday we are busy all day. Fiance may skip out early but I want to stay until Oswald at 7 then our good bye reception. Right after that we'll go to Disneyland to cap off the end of the week.

Yep we do both. So we will get in Tuesday then have Wednesday as park only day. 2015 we also had Thursday but this year we have Sorcerers ticket so busy mostly Thursday. Friday we will do Legends and Pixar/Animation and be done by 4:30. Probably go swim for a couple hours then head to the parks. Disneyland is open until midnight so will get some good park time in. Saturday again Live Action&Video Game/Parks and resort and possible kiss goodnight. If we want more park/swim time we'll ax kiss goodnight and head out after parks and resorts to swim and again go to the parks for a couple hours. Then Sunday we are busy all day. Fiance may skip out early but I want to stay until Oswald at 7 then our good bye reception. Right after that we'll go to Disneyland to cap off the end of the week.
Thank you for replying, it's good to know I could manage both! I think I'm most nervous about getting my cosplay all ready by myself. I'll have to look more into the schedule to make sure I can see what I want to see. How exactly do the panels work, do you just wait in line like at normal conventions or is there a different method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter