• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201903/6684/

I came across this article- any idea of how reliable this site is? I can’t seem to find where they got their info.

A virtual land FP does seem the best way to go when it opens to everyone after the reservation period IMO if this is true!

Assuming this, or something close to it, is true, I'd expect a major boost in MaxPass daily pricing before the land opens. It still strikes me as a good deal for the time being because photos are included. But once it goes up to who knows what, $25 or maybe $50, the value proposition will diminish significantly.

Assuming this, or something close to it, is true, I'd expect a major boost in MaxPass daily pricing before the land opens. It still strikes me as a good deal for the time being because photos are included. But once it goes up to who knows what, $25 or maybe $50, the value proposition will diminish significantly.

I agree. Regardless of what they do I really hope they let everyone know soon. Trying to budget for our trip in august with so many unknowns is frustrating. Guess I’m just going to estimate needing all the money! :rotfl2:

The article also talks about the multiple experience MaxPass changes- I really hope that doesn’t end up being true! But again, I can see the logic there especially when they do add the SWGE rides to FP.

Assuming the MaxPass system will be used for booking the "virtual queue" after June 24th I am really glad I already purchased it with my tickets. It will be interesting to see how early people line up in the mornings to get into the park to book a place in the queue and how quickly they run out. What is the "bathroom pass system" used at WDW and how does it work?

Interesting- they edited the article to add:

“All of this information was provided to Theme Park Insider by senior Disneyland officials in a private presentation to five news outlets last week. The information was given under embargo until 3am PT today“

I also just saw Mice Chat post the same updates so looks likely it could be true.

I wonder how much more MaxPass will change if they’re already tweaking the Mulitple Experiences FP? I really hope that doesn’t indicate a push towards a tier system like WDW uses.

According to the micechat article the bathroom pass works like this:

Guests who need to use the restroom must have one person in their party stay in line and continue to move through the line as they normally would. Then, the guest in question can move forward or backward through the queue to find a Cast Member who will produce the Bathroom Pass. Upon relief, you’ll refuting the FastPass entrance where you’ll have produce the Bathroom Pass. You will walk through the FastPass line until you reach a merge point. It’s at the merge point that you’ll wait in the Bathroom Pass waiting area until the other members of your party catch up with you and continue through the queue.

That's nice that they're going to provide a way for people to take a restroom break while waiting in a terribly long line.

My DD had to use the pass on FOP during our trip in January. It was very nice. The rest of the group waited at the merge point while my DW took her to the restroom. There was no way she would have made it otherwise. This was after 90 minutes of waiting.

According to the micechat article the bathroom pass works like this:

Guests who need to use the restroom must have one person in their party stay in line and continue to move through the line as they normally would. Then, the guest in question can move forward or backward through the queue to find a Cast Member who will produce the Bathroom Pass. Upon relief, you’ll refuting the FastPass entrance where you’ll have produce the Bathroom Pass. You will walk through the FastPass line until you reach a merge point. It’s at the merge point that you’ll wait in the Bathroom Pass waiting area until the other members of your party catch up with you and continue through the queue.
Hmmmm so I guess you can’t do this if it’s just one adult and one child. Bummer!

I had noticed a comment on one of the SWGE blog posts somewhere I hadn't thought of before.
Since it was confirmed today regardless of length of stay , there's only one guaranteed reservation for SWGE per onsite reservation for registered guests.

This made me think about something- what if someone did a split stay of one day at PPH for example and another at DLH for the following days, in theory the guests of said reservations could get two chances at SWGE.
Unless they have a lockout period that is tied to tickets or passes I'm tempted to do this lol.

I had noticed a comment on one of the SWGE blog posts somewhere I hadn't thought of before.
Since it was confirmed today regardless of length of stay , there's only one guaranteed reservation for SWGE per onsite reservation for registered guests.

This made me think about something- what if someone did a split stay of one day at PPH for example and another at DLH for the following days, in theory the guests of said reservations could get two chances at SWGE.
Unless they have a lockout period that is tied to tickets or passes I'm tempted to do this lol.

not sure if splitting the stay will work, but myself and others have already booked our rooms in the manner you are suggesting.

They might tie the reservation to your multi day ticket and the ticket might have a limitation as well. I heard somewhere that there might be a limitation, like once every three weeks for APs, so they could also do this for multi day tickets. Now if you have a split stay and separate tickets, that might have a better chance of succeeding, but you'd still have to worry about the split stays being linked in the same account.

They might tie the reservation to your multi day ticket and the ticket might have a limitation as well. I heard somewhere that there might be a limitation, like once every three weeks for APs, so they could also do this for multi day tickets. Now if you have a split stay and separate tickets, that might have a better chance of succeeding, but you'd still have to worry about the split stays being linked in the same account.

That was thinking and fear as well , we are AP holders and think it might be tied so we can always try to make one of the free reservations once they go live in addition to the guaranteed one. I think I'll stick to the one onsite stay for 3 nights and go for what we have.

The easiest solution for non-hotel guests is to give out return times to the new land as you enter the park.
If you arrive late the less of a chance you have of getting a return time.

This whole make a reservations online, is only going upset people who have no idea about making a reservation and show up expecting to be able to get into the land.

The easiest solution for non-hotel guests is to give out return times to the new land as you enter the park.

This whole make a reservations online, is only going upset people who have no idea about making a reservation and show up expecting to be able to get into the land.

Wouldn't this make rope drop insane? Seems if it's a "day of" reservation that would make mornings crazy.

I was thinking about this too however I think there's both sides to the coin. Some may not even want to come if they know they can't get in for the day , passholders and non alike. Which could in turn help keep crowds lower vs a free for all where everyone is competing initially.

It seems mostly like a crowd control tactic hence why it's such a limited time. Of course it's all theory until we know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter