D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing exactly this ''ONE DAY STAY" but on June 21st so I would assume that the "scheduled reservation into Galaxy's Edge" would only be available to us anywhere from possibly park opening time thru park closing time of the 21st . :idea: Although my husband thinks it could be possible thru CHECKOUT time 11am on the 22nd. :rolleyes1 I am not sure...:D
We really don’t know at all. I emailed Disneyland to ask and they basically sent back a generic, wait and see. I responded and let them know I hoped (and expected) we would get reservations for May 31 and June 1, since we are staying may 30-June 1. I asked (politely) if it could be forwarded onto any decision makers. Hopefully they will realize it will cause too much grief to the hotel guests if they do only 1 per stay. I mean, there’s only 3 hotels. They can afford the capacity to give everyone passes during their whole stay! Anyways, I just wish we knew more!

We really don’t know at all. I emailed Disneyland to ask and they basically sent back a generic, wait and see. I responded and let them know I hoped (and expected) we would get reservations for May 31 and June 1, since we are staying may 30-June 1. I asked (politely) if it could be forwarded onto any decision makers. Hopefully they will realize it will cause too much grief to the hotel guests if they do only 1 per stay. I mean, there’s only 3 hotels. They can afford the capacity to give everyone passes during their whole stay! Anyways, I just wish we knew more!

From what I took from the information released so far - I think one reservation per stay would mean per stay and not per day. So I think managing expectations is likely a good idea as I don't recall reading anywhere that onsite guests would have a reservation for each day of their stay like EMH is provided.

From what I took from the information released so far - I think one reservation per stay would mean per stay and not per day. So I think managing expectations is likely a good idea as I don't recall reading anywhere that onsite guests would have a reservation for each day of their stay like EMH is provided.

I agree with @sherilaine - the info that’s come out seems pretty clear that it’s one per stay. I think what most people are wondering is if check in/check out dates count as part of the stay, especially when they fall over the opening day.

Keep an eye on the forums. People have been reporting better security flow from Harbor with the new tents.
Also, why are you assuming no early entry to Disneyland? There is no MM for SWGE, but MM is still available for 3+ day tickets and hotel guests.

Good point!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

We normally have APs, but I am thinking of buying 4 or 5 day PHPs to make use of the MM and then convert them to APs later.

We go to DL during the summer regularly, and this is the first time I feel very uneasy about crowds. :scared:

I wish we had solid details right now but I will be patient! :D No worries for buying tickets cuz we have Signature AP's!:)

So I was watching this week's DIS Unplugged DL, and I felt compelled to give a warning. Rise will not be opening for a while. Rise has run into some major roadblocks, that have really stalled out the project. From what I've heard, we're looking at a early November time frame of the attraction opening.

Oh no... I hope this is not true... (and actually I can’t believe they run into such serious problems that late...I really can’t think of anything... that would be a serious planning issue and that’s not something I would expect of Disney (WoC was a totally different story)

If that’s true christmas time and will be a madhouse! and this will be my first time visitingate novemer/early December...:guilty: and I really hoped that the initial SWGE rush would have died down a little by then...

But I can’t do anything about it anyways... so we can just hope for the best...
( though I think I should watch some of those Star Wars movies this summer I have never seen any of them...)

saw this morning on CBS news......anticipated for years, built by a very famous architect. ....London Olympics will come to mind.

Maybe Disney is observing this happen.....it the USA largest city.

You’ll need a free timed ticket to access Thomas Heatherwick’s climbable “public landmark”

We’re just a few days away from one of the most anticipated openings in recent New York City history: The first public pieces of Hudson Yards, the $25 billion megaproject rising on Manhattan’s far west side, will debut this week.

And at the center of it all is Vessel, a 150-foot-tall, shiny sculptural bauble designed by Thomas Heatherwick. The piece is made from 154 interconnected staircases, and is intended to be used by the public—for climbing, running (though probably not too fast), and, most likely, for providing the backdrop for selfies and Instagram photos.

But access to Vessel will be managed, to a degree: Developer Related announced in the fall that those wishing to climb the beehive-esque structure would need a free ticket to do so. Now, the developer has released more details on what that ticketed experience will entail.

Most importantly, signing up for a ticket gives Vessel visitors an hourlong window in which they can arrive, but it doesn’t limit how long you can spend on it. You can book tickets up to two weeks ahead of time, but there will also be some available for same-day climbs (those can be booked every day at 9 a.m., or by speaking with on-site helpers, known as “Vessel Ambassadors”).

Heatherwick’s piece, which Related CEO Stephen Ross personally commissioned, cost $200 million. According to Related, it will provide a “one-mile vertical climbing experience” (but there’s also an elevator to make it accessible to those in wheelchairs or with other mobility challenges).

The piece will be open every day from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.,

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I don’t have time to read all 25 pages :faint: What’s the current best guess as to when RotR will open? I’m trying to decide whether to do 2 days at DL during 4th of July week or wait and go later at WDW.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I don’t have time to read all 25 pages :faint: What’s the current best guess as to when RotR will open? I’m trying to decide whether to do 2 days at DL during 4th of July week or wait and go later at WDW.
There is no best guess. People are speculating everything from end of June to end of the year to next year.

And even if there was a best guess, there’s no guarantee it is accurate. For example, the consensus guess for SWGE opening was wrong.

If you had read literally 4 comments up you'd see no one knows and it could be as late as November

Disney wiki site has this printed about ROTR....." Even miracles take a little time".....now I have to go find out which Sleeping beauty character is waving the magic wand.

and it took 10 years for Delia Owens to write her book.....great events take a long time to completion ...that is why waiting in line is so grand!!

Last edited:
What's interesting is that SW:GE is going to change as time goes on (reservations, which attractions are open, whether FP is available), so the best approach will change as well. What's best in June may not be what's best in July, or November, etc. There will be several different "windows" with different rules that will affect the best approach to SW:GE that everyone will need to keep in mind as things change:

1. Reservation Needed, Smuggler's Run Only, No FP. May 31- June 23.

2. No Reservation, Smuggler's Run Only, No FP: June 24 to ???.

Then, will there be another reservation period once RotR opens, or not?
3. Reservation Needed, Smuggler's Run & RotR open, No FP. (theoretical)

Regardless, we'll probably get here some point:
4. No Reservation, Smuggler's Run & RotR open, No FP.

And then what about FastPass? Will they add it to Smuggler's Run first or both attractions at the same time?
5. No Reservation, Smugglers Run w/ FP, RotR Standby only (theoretical)

And in the end, we'll get here. The question is, when?
6. No Reservation, Smuggler's Run w/ FP, and RotR w/ FP.

#2 should have some consideration about egress, though there might not be reservations....chances are there will be stand-by lines to enter SWGE

What's interesting is that SW:GE is going to change as time goes on (reservations, which attractions are open, whether FP is available), so the best approach will change as well. What's best in June may not be what's best in July, or November, etc. There will be several different "windows" with different rules that will affect the best approach to SW:GE that everyone will need to keep in mind as things change:

1. Reservation Needed, Smuggler's Run Only, No FP. May 31- June 23.

2. No Reservation, Smuggler's Run Only, No FP: June 24 to ???.

Then, will there be another reservation period once RotR opens, or not?
3. Reservation Needed, Smuggler's Run & RotR open, No FP. (theoretical)

Regardless, we'll probably get here some point:
4. No Reservation, Smuggler's Run & RotR open, No FP.

And then what about FastPass? Will they add it to Smuggler's Run first or both attractions at the same time?
5. No Reservation, Smugglers Run w/ FP, RotR Standby only (theoretical)

And in the end, we'll get here. The question is, when?
6. No Reservation, Smuggler's Run w/ FP, and RotR w/ FP.

Everything after 2 is speculation only and now with further rumors that a stand by line may be allowed to form and be drawn from for entry even during period #1 throws another wrench.

I wonder if there comes a time when too much speculation goes beyond the line of planning and becomes counter productive as it causes stress and worry when no one can do a thing about it. At this point the only thing someone can do in the off chance hope it will make their visit any better is book onsite as there could be continued opportunities for that to benefit a guest as well as just keep their ear to the ground for new information. But apart from that - offsite guest reservations, stand by line, when ROTR will open, how large crowds will be, when will FP be offered etc. - all pure speculation and while some of this speculation is based on sound logic and reasoning - that is all it is and people should take all of it with a large grain of salt.

I think it is fair to say though that you will never reach the point in the list of stages above where one can enter DL at 10AM at a leisurely pace and walk onto rides in SWGE - not unless it's zero degrees and a blizzard, in which case Canadians will just take over the parks. ;)

Everything after 2 is speculation only and now with further rumors that a stand by line may be allowed to form and be drawn from for entry even during period #1 throws another wrench.

I wonder if there comes a time when too much speculation goes beyond the line of planning and becomes counter productive as it causes stress and worry when no one can do a thing about it. At this point the only thing someone can do in the off chance hope it will make their visit any better is book onsite as there could be continued opportunities for that to benefit a guest as well as just keep their ear to the ground for new information. But apart from that - offsite guest reservations, stand by line, when ROTR will open, how large crowds will be, when will FP be offered etc. - all pure speculation and while some of this speculation is based on sound logic and reasoning - that is all it is and people should take all of it with a large grain of salt.

I think it is fair to say though that you will never reach the point in the list of stages above where one can enter DL at 10AM at a leisurely pace and walk onto rides in SWGE - not unless it's zero degrees and a blizzard, in which case Canadians will just take over the parks. ;)
Yeah, that’s why I didn’t add dates other than what’s already announced.

But, at SOME point we’ll get to a place where reservations are not required and both attractions are open. I agree that speculating WHEN any of this will happen is futile.

I guess the only speculation is that both attractions will eventually have FP... but whether that is in a matter of weeks, months, or years no one knows.

The point is, things will be changing over the foreseeable future, so no one should put too much weight on how things go opening day, opening week, etc. Or especially try to plan what it’s going to be like in August or November! It’s going to be interesting to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter