• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know we don't know anything more than what's been released and I get that guesses are just that...

But what are your EXPECTATIONS for the reservation period 5/31-6/23? In other words, what do you expect to happen that will meet your expectations and not disappoint you around the reservation period?

I have a reservation at PPH from 6/16-6/18 and would expect that I would get one time frame to enter SWGE during that time (hopefully before I have to go to the airport on 6/18!).

I would expect to be allowed in the land for about 4-5 hrs and that I will probably spend about 1-2 hrs in line for the ride. This seems reasonable and would meet my expectations. (They have already mentioned that there will be a specific time period that you will be allowed to stay in the land.)

I would also expect that there will be another way to get a reservation online ahead of time, but that you will have to have a ticket or AP tied to your app so that people aren't just reserving and then not going. I would be disappointed if its a mad rush/free for all every morning to get reservations once you enter the park.

Any thoughts?

So, I know we don't know anything more than what's been released and I get that guesses are just that...

But what are your EXPECTATIONS for the reservation period 5/31-6/23? In other words, what do you expect to happen that will meet your expectations and not disappoint you around the reservation period?

I have a reservation at PPH from 6/16-6/18 and would expect that I would get one time frame to enter SWGE during that time (hopefully before I have to go to the airport on 6/18!).

I would expect to be allowed in the land for about 4-5 hrs and that I will probably spend about 1-2 hrs in line for the ride. This seems reasonable and would meet my expectations. (They have already mentioned that there will be a specific time period that you will be allowed to stay in the land.)

I would also expect that there will be another way to get a reservation online ahead of time, but that you will have to have a ticket or AP tied to your app so that people aren't just reserving and then not going. I would be disappointed if its a mad rush/free for all every morning to get reservations once you enter the park.

Any thoughts?
I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that when Pandora opened people were given only 2 or 3 hours to experience the land. With only one ride open it seems that Disney could limit times to just 2 to 3 hours.

Any thoughts?
I have basically the same expectations as you.

Hotel reservations are tricky because I have to believe you will have some choice in the matter. For example, let's say I have a room booked for only one Saturday night. How do they know if I'm planning to be there all day Saturday but get on a plane first thing Sunday AM? Or just the opposite, arrive very late Saturday night and spend all day Sunday in the park?

I do understand you'll have an arrival window... but am really unclear on the logistics of limiting guest's time in the land. It's not impossible, but seems like it's open to lots of issues.

They've said that you'll be able to get a SW:GE reservation without a hotel reservation, and if that's true I really do hope that you MUST get it online in advance ONLY - and there's no way to get it at the park. Handing out anything in the park on a first come, first served basis just encourages a camping, mad rush, free for all disaster. The good news is that it sounds like that's exactly what they are trying to avoid.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that when Pandora opened people were given only 2 or 3 hours to experience the land. With only one ride open it seems that Disney could limit times to just 2 to 3 hours.
That was for Passholder/DVC previews. Guests were given a window of time.

sorry if this was mentioned already, but how long after can we expect the Rise of the Resistance ride to open?

sorry if this was mentioned already, but how long after can we expect the Rise of the Resistance ride to open?
Official word from Disney is "later this year."

Rumors would suggest that it'll be much later in the year, like November or December, but that's only rumors at this point.

We have absolutely no idea. Some people say this summer, others fall, others not until very end of the year. I think the only reliable info is that all info is unreliable. Whomever really knows the schedule is not sharing it with anyone, so anyone who claims to have a source is really just guessing based on the limited info they know.

Some rumors say it is very delayed. However one guy who said that also said there would be standby queues for GE both during the reservation only window and after June 24. Disney has since said they will not allow a standby queue for either as the time after reservations will be a digital queue. So, so much for him being all knowing.

Others speculate the ride should open around the end of June as originally planned and that Disney really is just opening the land early due to demand and because room bookings were down.

Others speculate the ride should open around the end of June as originally planned and that Disney really is just opening the land early due to demand and because room bookings were down.
I sure hope that is true! It would be very convenient for me personally, if RoTR were open for 5 months before I get there. :thumbsup2

I'm going to DL at the end of July and WDW in the beginning of December. I'm hoping both rides will be up and running for at least one of my trips. I guess only time will tell.

For those with hotel reservations on property, the cast member I spoke with when I made my reservation said to watch for an email that would give us instructions as to how to get our pass into SWGE.

That was a couple of weeks ago. So far, no email.

For those with hotel reservations on property, the cast member I spoke with when I made my reservation said to watch for an email that would give us instructions as to how to get our pass into SWGE.

That was a couple of weeks ago. So far, no email.

I hope it will be soon, since we are already in the 60 day window for dining reservations. It's hard to plan around something that is up in the air! For now, I'm just booking our must-do restaurants on two different days, then will cancel one. Surely we're not the only ones having this problem.

I hope it will be soon, since we are already in the 60 day window for dining reservations. It's hard to plan around something that is up in the air! For now, I'm just booking our must-do restaurants on two different days, then will cancel one. Surely we're not the only ones having this problem.

I've booked our must-do reservations on two different days as well. I don't like doing that but I'll cancel the duplicates as soon as I know when my SWGE reservation is.

Does anybody have insider news about progress on the technical glitch holding ROTR back from opening with everything else?

Does anybody have insider news about progress on the technical glitch holding ROTR back from opening with everything else?
Last I saw they are not planning on the ride opening anytime in June so sometime after that.

No. One insider said it would still open on, or nearly on, time and another said we'll be lucky if it opens by Christmas. We will all have to wait for Disney.

Personally I'm betting on the on time (or nearly) and that it is what Disney claimed an early opening due to demand (and lack of hotel occupancy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter