D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at DL August 19-ish for four days. We will stay off-site. How early do we need to be at the main (Harbor) security gate to avoid an hour wait just to get to the front gate, assuming we want to be at the front gate 1/2 hour before rope drop (Which I am assuming is 8:00 a.m.)? We are also assuming no early entry to DL. I hope that question made sense.

Are we talking line up at security by 6:30 a.m.? That's what I was thinking...:scared:

You will know more later on, but right now, i'd be thinking that, even 6 possibly...

We will be at DL August 19-ish for four days. We will stay off-site. How early do we need to be at the main (Harbor) security gate to avoid an hour wait just to get to the front gate, assuming we want to be at the front gate 1/2 hour before rope drop (Which I am assuming is 8:00 a.m.)? We are also assuming no early entry to DL. I hope that question made sense.

Are we talking line up at security by 6:30 a.m.? That's what I was thinking...:scared:
Ask again once SW:GE opens. Depending on how access to the land works at that point (which is currently unknown), along with the currently unknown opening date of RotR, things could change.

I would ask again in July after it’s been open for a bit. But fair warning deluxe APs get back access to Disneyland that week.

So I was watching this week's DIS Unplugged DL, and I felt compelled to give a warning. Rise will not be opening for a while. Rise has run into some major roadblocks, that have really stalled out the project. From what I've heard, we're looking at a early November time frame of the attraction opening.

So I was watching this week's DIS Unplugged DL, and I felt compelled to give a warning. Rise will not be opening for a while. Rise has run into some major roadblocks, that have really stalled out the project. From what I've heard, we're looking at a early November time frame of the attraction opening.

Is the ride projected to open on both coasts in November?

Is the ride projected to open on both coasts in November?
There is no official “projected” date. People are speculating all kinds of things from June 23, to August for D23, to late summer, to November, to next year! So take any speculation with a grain of salt, even if it’s from someone who claims to be an insider.

Look at it this way, a couple weeks ago everyone was certain that SWGE would open June 21.

There is no official “projected” date. People are speculating all kinds of things from June 23, to August for D23, to late summer, to November, to next year! So take any speculation with a grain of salt, even if it’s from someone who claims to be an insider.

Look at it this way, a couple weeks ago everyone was certain that SWGE would open June 21.
Exactly.

Oh and something I just realized-there is a grad night on May 31st. Crowds haven’t been that bad since they changed the ticket structure, but still, if you think you’ll get away from the crowds at DCA, that may not be the case, especially in afternoon/evening! I also feel sorry for the kids who signed up for that day and now are going to deal with the chaos!

Keep an eye on the forums. People have been reporting better security flow from Harbor with the new tents.
Also, why are you assuming no early entry to Disneyland? There is no MM for SWGE, but MM is still available for 3+ day tickets and hotel guests.

Well, we took ‘a leap of faith’ today and booked for 5 nights coming in on 8/27. The only day we could find in a 2 week period with decent fare & availabilty.

Found it interesting that a large majority of NSflights from my city to LAX on SWA & Spirit were showing sold out for nearly a week prior...especially since they were all available yesterday am. :confused3Could be a fluke with the grounding of planes but thinking it’s an odd surge.

Now all i need to do is narrow down a decent offsite hotel. No way am I going to pay $400 a night for paradise pier:scared1:. Majestic is shouting to me at this point

Found it interesting that a large majority of NSflights from my city to LAX on SWA & Spirit were showing sold out for nearly a week prior...especially since they were all available yesterday am. :confused3Could be a fluke with the grounding of planes but thinking it’s an odd surge.
D23 is August 23–25, which explains the flights and hotel availability and cost for the week before you arrive..

D23 is August 23–25, which explains the flights and hotel availability and cost for the week before you arrive..

Likely as to hotel rates, we might be running into those extending their visits @ DL into the next week; even early Labor Day crowd.

However, since the flight availability literally disappeared overnight from yesterday to today for many dates (other than the full price SWA options), thinking something else was afoot. Will file it under one of life’s little mysteries

I think the technical concerns are being a bit overblown. Yes there is an issue but from what I have heard it is not as big as people are making it out to be.

This is a mix of Disney's concern for crowds and spreading people out along with the need for some more time to make sure everything is perfect for guests.

This is entirely wishful speculation, but I have a hard time thinking that a last minute technical glitch is so catastrophic that it can’t be over come by the best ride builders/engineers in the industry. Especially one found so late in the game, with the vast majority of the ride being complete. The efforts should be focused at this point, since the structures are all in place. The footage released so far shows a mostly finished ride from queue, to show building, to finished hallways, hangar bays, and functioning ride vehicles. And this was probably shot a couple of months ago. So in those two months since that footage, and the upcoming 3 or so more months, they should be focusing their efforts to this issue since the rest of the ride is largely complete. I don’t think there are a bunch of engineers scratching their heads over a singular technical glitch for 5 months, in a show building that’s 95% complete. If they can’t figure it out in 5 months of 24 hour shifts, they will never figure it out. So the problem is either more multi faceted than what’s being reported (ride vehicle programming problems, coupled with structural miscalculations on the show building making entire portions needing to be replaced - something like that) or its being over blown. Once again, Just my speculation, but I hope it’s the later.

I think the technical concerns are being a bit overblown. Yes there is an issue but from what I have heard it is not as big as people are making it out to be.

This is a mix of Disney's concern for crowds and spreading people out along with the need for some more time to make sure everything is perfect for guests.

I'm banking on you being right. Really wanting RoTR to open in the summer and not something like November. I choose December for my long awaited return to DL (and first multi-day on-site stay) thinking that maybe some of the madness would have subsided. A November opening, along with not knowing if onsite stays will garner any advantages for SW:GE, would be rather deflating.

How does DL resorts define "a stay"? At WDW, it's comprehensively check-in and check-out day. If I have access to amenities during "my stay" (such as the pool), they are equally available on check-in and check-out.

So I'm wondering for the statement, "For guests staying between May 31 - June 23" would my one night reservation of 05/30- 05/31 qualify as "a stay" for the time period starting on my check-out day 05/31?

We are doing exactly this ''ONE DAY STAY" but on June 21st so I would assume that the "scheduled reservation into Galaxy's Edge" would only be available to us anywhere from possibly park opening time thru park closing time of the 21st . :idea: Although my husband thinks it could be possible thru CHECKOUT time 11am on the 22nd. :rolleyes1 I am not sure...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter