D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. We purposely booked the beginning of May (8-12), as we’ve been that time before with low crowds. It’s funny how some people are booking, hoping to catch the opening and some wish to avoid it. Fingers crossed beginning of May is still a good bet!

With possible previews in may and the expected money for them, do you think they will sell out very fast, or at all? We are visiting from Germany so maybe not returning the next couple of years and I would love to experience SWGE with lower crowds.We will be there June 8 till 12 so I can't wait for dates to be announced. Every day I have a look at the board. DIS is so great and helpful.

I'm in the same boat! I am going in August for 2 days and it's the only time we can go. I've been debating about switching to a DL resort for the EMM, but it's much more expensive than the hotel we've booked. I'm considering adding a park day to our arrival day and will definitely use MaxPass. We are going during the week, Wednesday and Thursday.
I ended up booking at Paradise Pier so we have EMH both days. Who knows how things will shake out in the end, but my plan is to rope drop one of the GE rides and FP the other. I’m getting MaxPass too.

I ended up booking at Paradise Pier so we have EMH both days. Who knows how things will shake out in the end, but my plan is to rope drop one of the GE rides and FP the other. I’m getting MaxPass too.
I would be tempted to do this, but Paradise Pier standard rooms aren't available for our dates - only club level at more than $600 a night! So, I'll do my best with MaxPass :)

Oh wow. We purposely booked the beginning of May (8-12), as we’ve been that time before with low crowds. It’s funny how some people are booking, hoping to catch the opening and some wish to avoid it. Fingers crossed beginning of May is still a good bet!
We were just there this past weekend and a CM told us they are behind schedule because of all this rain. I think you'd be safe in May for sure.

I would not be surprised if they never announced the opening date - that one day, it's just open. This is not something that has to be advertised. I know that of course word of mouth, or smartphone would spread instantly BUT it would be kind of neat and gutsy of them to do it that way.

We were just there this past weekend and a CM told us they are behind schedule because of all this rain. I think you'd be safe in May for sure.
Ummm, not sure you heard this from, but I am pretty sure it is inaccurate. Pretty good rumor source is saying previews May, opening June 21st. Although anyone working back there can only say they are still kicking dirt!

What happens during "previews"? Would it be open to those that are in the park at that time?

What happens during "previews"? Would it be open to those that are in the park at that time?

For Star Wars? We're all expecting the previews to cost a lot of money. The days of free previews have been over for a while. They charged for both the Pixar Pier and Guardians of the Galaxy opening events, and those were re-dresses. They charged for previews of Carsland too seven years ago. That was chump change compared to what they will likely get for a three to five hour Galaxy's Edge preview party. Tickets will go on sale in advance. The Cars ones I think sold out. Don't remember if the Guardians ones sold out, but the Pixar ones did not. Depending on what people are willing to pay and if demand is truly as high as many are imagining, Star Wars previews could sell out immediately or be priced so high that tickets are still available day of. That is, of course, if previews happen at all. I can't imagine Disney passing up the cash grab though.

My guess is that there will certainly be a pecking order of availability too - and that by the time they go through all the levels of Disney memberships and APs it will be nearly impossible for most to acquire anything.

Previews are usually a first viewing of the area for those interested. It is not open to all in the park. You have to sign up and there are various options usually. For example, I did the Cars Land preview when it opened in 2012. We got to ride all the rides, taste the various foods, and walk down Buena Vista Street before it reopened.

For the Guardians Preview, my kids ended up riding GOTG 10x that night. We got to try various new foods. We also got to sit in with the Imagineers while they discussed the crossover of the ride.
18839049_10213255084435219_5501505820203027410_n.jpg

18814714_10213286505460725_565063273651506260_o.jpg

We even had our own car with our friends.
34672576_10216588515888922_4314812437204303872_n.jpg

For the Incrediacoaster, we got to experience the area, in the first hour, my kids and granddaughter rode the Incrediacoaster 5 times. We also got to try out the new foods, like the Cookies, ice cream, hot dogs. It was a lot of fun.
My daughter is working on riding every ride without other people. This was her and my niece on the Incediacoaster.
35924523_10215990092575553_744010239723962368_n.jpg

I do not expect the previews for SW:GE to be cheap. I am estimating $500-750 per person. Cars Land was cheap, I think it was $50 or 75. I think GOTG was $150, and Pixar was $250.

For those who have done the previews in the past, did you think it was worth the money to you personally?

I would be open to flying out for one day (it's an one hour flight) to go to an AP preview... of course, financially permitting (I have a dollar figure in my head that I won't go over). To be able to see if when tens of thousands of people aren't all shoulder to shoulder would be worth a few hundred dollars. To me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter