D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to not be excited ( specially thinking of the crowds) but the info / previews coming in seem to be
Iam hoping for a preview party under $500 . I feel insane just typing that ! That’s still a lot of money.

For those of you who have done the previews in the past, were the tickets only offered through D23 or AP sites? Just wondering if there would be any hope at all for non-D23, non-AP holders? o_O

My DIL is a CM. The word is that media previews are expected in May.

Can't broadcast the direct channel of information, but received inside word from a senior management source that early June opening would be unlikely. Disney is trying to make some things happen for some industry folks and they were told that a limited tour may still be possible but not to expect a preview type opening with attractions in time which they were hoping for.

For those of you who have done the previews in the past, were the tickets only offered through D23 or AP sites? Just wondering if there would be any hope at all for non-D23, non-AP holders? o_O
For Cars Land, the Parks Blog did a special preview for 66 guests on Rte. 66. There were contests for tickets to the media preview -- I think Verizon was one contest sponsor. So you did not have to be an AP to win a ticket or to do a preview -- you just had to be very lucky.

They’ve sold tickets to everyone in the past.

For Cars Land, the Parks Blog did a special preview for 66 guests on Rte. 66. There were contests for tickets to the media preview -- I think Verizon was one contest sponsor. So you did not have to be an AP to win a ticket or to do a preview -- you just had to be very lucky.

Well, that's neat! Thanks :goodvibes

They’ve sold tickets to everyone in the past.

Good to know! I was just curious because I've read that non-US fans can no longer get a Gold D23 membership :sad:

we will be there July 5-14! Are you coming for SW:GE?
Fun! Yes, that's the plan. I gambled with our DVC booking 11 months ago that SWGE would be open by July 1st. It sounds as if I guessed correctly, although I'm anxious for them to "officially" announce it. I'm hoping for some kind of premium ticket experience while we are there to ensure access, but I guess we'll see.

Fun! Yes, that's the plan. I gambled with our DVC booking 11 months ago that SWGE would be open by July 1st. It sounds as if I guessed correctly, although I'm anxious for them to "officially" announce it. I'm hoping for some kind of premium ticket experience while we are there to ensure access, but I guess we'll see.

I am also eagerly anticipating the official announcement. Reading between the tea leaves, it sounds like the paid previews will be in May or June, and I would imagine it will be “open” normally in July. Hoping that is the case, anyway! We made our GCH reservation back in December when there were strong rumors of a May/June opening. Once they officially announce everything, we will book our flights.

I believe it will be either June 21st or in July, not sure of the date. But maybe the 21st as well. Anyway, just my thoughts.

I am also eagerly anticipating the official announcement. Reading between the tea leaves, it sounds like the paid previews will be in May or June, and I would imagine it will be “open” normally in July. Hoping that is the case, anyway! We made our GCH reservation back in December when there were strong rumors of a May/June opening. Once they officially announce everything, we will book our flights.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I can see special entry tickets as well as a paid FP kind of situation. They need to do something to control the crowds. We are just coming from NorCal so we will probably get tickets closer to the summer and/or wait for a SWA sale.

I will be there opening day. I am still thinking/hoping it will be June 21st. We will be there for at least 7 nights.

I have booked various refundable hotels for different dates and our international flight costs aren't looking too bad so hopefully they will stay that way. I just need the opening date now and we are all set! I am hoping the rumours of it being announced on Thursday are true but I am trying not to get my hopes up as I did that with the fiscal reports a few weeks ago.

I will be there opening day. I am still thinking/hoping it will be June 21st. We will be there for at least 7 nights.

I have booked various refundable hotels for different dates and our international flight costs aren't looking too bad so hopefully they will stay that way. I just need the opening date now and we are all set! I am hoping the rumours of it being announced on Thursday are true but I am trying not to get my hopes up as I did that with the fiscal reports a few weeks ago.
It is reported the official SWGE opening date will be announced this Thursday. WDW is ahead of schedule.
https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/opening-d...axys-edge-at-disneyland-park-to-be-announced/

I, too, did the DVC guessing game 11 months before and picked around my birthday - June 22, so I guess we'll all know Thursday if we're correct! I'm simultaneously excited and terrified, lol.

So assuming they offer a paid preview, I'm debating whether or not to purchase an annual pass again to have first dibs at the tickets, that is if I can afford them. I am also a current Gold member of D23 but I'm not sure if they will offer anything or not. I was going to purchase the cheapest pass available for DL which is around $400 and of course I'd use the pass throughout the year but was originally was not planning on buying an annual pass until next spring. What do you all think? I would imagine it would be hard to get the special event ticket if you do not have the option of being one of the first groups to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter