D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read something yesterday, that a guess is actually June 22nd - the theory being that Disney would not want the PR backlash on clogging streets/freeways on a work day. Thoughts on that?

oh my.... Yoda help my wallet if there's a paid preview Memorial Day weekend when I already have a trip booked for me, DD and two of her friends for her 14th birthday. I am beyond excited after reading the io9 articles.

I read something yesterday, that a guess is actually June 22nd - the theory being that Disney would not want the PR backlash on clogging streets/freeways on a work day. Thoughts on that?

They could close down Harbor, but then....how would the folks living on the west side go to work, I guess they could turn right and head west to routes to work......but the volume of folks that it would take to clog Harbor and freeway is really beyond my imagination, considering, that the encampment had started days before the opening and how could those cloggers have any hope entering SWGE? If there are cloggers on the streets.....then wow.....super crazy.... and lawsuit oriented crazy!!!!

Official: SWGE opening May 31
From live Shareholder meeting

May be first preview only
WDW Aug 29th

Edit to clarify after threads merged

Last edited:

It was very brief so far. May 31st was "first" date Iger announced. He mentioned Rise of the Resistance opening later, then Web cast cut out (presume he stepped away from Mic). Then he went into Marvel.

Assume full press release coming shortly... along with Twitter storm.

But the rumors were true-- date announced at shareholder meeting.

Live stream:
https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-companys-2019-annual-meeting-of-shareholders/
Hmmm, if RotR won’t be up then, it can’t be a real “opening.” I’m so curious!

Much earlier than expected! Which I am glad to hear since we're going in August, more time for things to "maybe" calm down, ha!

wow, ok, Im there 29 June, so at least now Im not going in blind and will be able to plan my days and see what crowds are like

Looks like RotR won't open until later - not clear whether that is at both resorts or just at WDW.

Totally agree. I don't like the way he worded it. He said "We'll be opening early" or words to that effect, May 31st. But then went into the rides opening separately. Thus my skepticism about that being the preview period. No more details given.

I'm sure there will be a replay of the Webcast. But hopefully a more detailed press release coming before that! C'mon Bob!

I'm thinking everything still fits into place for paid previews starting May 31st and official opening to match the AP blockouts. But I sure hope ROTR doesn't slip past the official opening date? Wonder if he meant at WDW?

Have to consider the audience: Shareholders. They just want to know when the money arrives. :)

Last edited:
That would be pretty weird and would bot even be close to the different scenarios everyone assumes till now...
I’m really curious how it will play out...

I thought it was going to be May! There was really no other reason to block the California passes for all of June.
Yup, a lot of us around here (including myself and I know @HydroGuy) have thought it’d be earlier, BUT I’ve been hearing about construction delays due to weather and this whole “RotR won’t be open yet” business has me curious if that’s the actual opening or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter