Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!

You can also do t-shirts, picture frames, canvas totes, hats and just about anything else that is sign able.

I love the matte idea for signatures!

1.Ask at guest services (only on the Magic I think) for the self guided art tour booklet.

2.Buy the Passporter Treasure Hunt book. I don't have i tyet and it is mostly for WDW but is supposed to have hunts for the ships as well.

3. Challenge the kids to an ABC photo shoot (they must find somewhere for every letter of the alphabet to have their picture taken--A is for Animator's, etc.). Makes for a great scrapbook when you get home.

4. Tour the hallways to check out everyone's door decorations. Take a pad of sticky notes to leave messages for doors you really like.

Missaulalie, maybe we can do some of these together on the first 14 days:)

Sounds good to me!

Actually, I want to take these ideas and post them to our Repo thread...

For those of you that have U.S. passports. You can leave them with Guest Services (you get a receipt that you must have to get it back), and they will have it stamped at each country you visit. On the last night, you go and pick it back up.

thats very cool! if you dont leave it though they wont stamp it?

My best secret is to join your cruise meet thread and make friends on the cruise............we are still chatting daily from a trip back in 2005.........great thread............keep those tips coming............:banana:

I was told I had to leave it. I didn't question it. I figured they were all done when customs cleared the ship at each port. I kept a copy of my passport with me, when I was off the ship.

I bought a picture mailing envelope (okay, so I don't know the technical name for it :confused3 ). But I bought it at Walmart or Kmart and of course you could find one at the post office. It has cardboard in the sides and it's padded. Then I just put it in between some flatly (is that a word?) folded clothes in my suitcase. Worked fine. :thumbsup2

Good idea! Thanks Luv2Travel!!! :yay:

Someone here mentioned the Passporter Treasure Hunt book. I bought that and it had lots of fun things to look for on the Magic and also the Wonder. Clues were separated into three categories going from easiest to hardest. I pre-printed about 7-10 clues out onto little treasure maps for the kids in our group. They had a great time looking all over the ship for the answers. When they were done, we had them meet us at a designated location with all the answers on their maps, then we gave out the "pirate booty" we had brought with us...glow sticks, gold coins, pirate toys, candy, etc. It was fun!

Oh speaking of treasure hunts. Don't forget the one on CC. You get your booklet the morning you dock there. It's great fun! For those who have been there before, it gives you something new to do. For those who have never been there before. It's a great way to explore the island. No promises, but you might even find buried treasure! ;)

My best secret is to join your cruise meet thread and make friends on the cruise............we are still chatting daily from a trip back in 2005.........great thread............keep those tips coming............:banana:
one of our DIS cruise mates brought a large matte and had us sign it instead of the characters, and put it around a group picture of us. (Our 2005 Mexico gang still gets together for Disneyland trips)

Someone here mentioned the Passporter Treasure Hunt book. I bought that and it had lots of fun things to look for on the Magic and also the Wonder. Clues were separated into three categories going from easiest to hardest. I pre-printed about 7-10 clues out onto little treasure maps for the kids in our group. They had a great time looking all over the ship for the answers. When they were done, we had them meet us at a designated location with all the answers on their maps, then we gave out the "pirate booty" we had brought with us...glow sticks, gold coins, pirate toys, candy, etc. It was fun!
Never knew this one! :) Are the clues too easy for 3 teens who have been on board mulitple times? I'm always looking for new things for them.

That pillowcase thing is a great idea!!!:idea: If I did this, it would save me time the last night. I would have to try and run around to all the characters we missed and get signatures!!!:woohoo:

Tell me more!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Hi

I made apron and two pillowcases and bring it with me to hand it in guest services and turn out lovely!

This times, I am thinking to buy new pillowcases and take it to shop for embroidery - sewing on Mickey Mouse, names and dates.

Frame with photo - bring it and they will sign it well.:thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

For those of you that have U.S. passports. You can leave them with Guest Services (you get a receipt that you must have to get it back), and they will have it stamped at each country you visit. On the last night, you go and pick it back up.

Hi

Unfortunately they took our passports away because we are UK so this year in July we will be sailing to Europe and think this time we keep our passports and wonder if they do the stamped at each country??

Just wonder.:confused3

Scottishwee35

Hi

Unfortunately they took our passports away because we are UK so this year in July we will be sailing to Europe and think this time we keep our passports and wonder if they do the stamped at each country??

Just wonder.:confused3

Scottishwee35

Would be good but in my expereince of tracelling around Europe, European custome don't seem to stamp UK passport( i haven't recived a stamp in the last 10 year ad travelled extensively):confused3

A few more I thought of last night and from my husband:

1. Take an autograph book to have all the CMs you enjoy sign. We haven't done this yet, but we have occasional CM signatures in the regular books and find ourselves reading those (nearly always include a note) over frequently. Bonus: you'll have the correct spellings of all the CMs you want to mention by name in evaluations and/or letters.

2. Listening stations in sessions (grab a drink and snack and relax to good music)

3. Borrow a board game from Diversions and play with your friends (Diversions also has chips and salsa out most afternoons--like my chip fix!).

4.Exercise in the workout room at least once--just for the great view of the bridge.

5. Ask for the Hidden Mickey Challenge at Guest Services.

6. Pick a word (thank you or hello is nice though my kids tend to go for ice cream) to learn and see how many languages you can learn it in.

Leave a wake-up call. It's Mickey Mouse who will call you. When you answer, hit the speaker phone button so your entire cabin can hear. My kids thought this was hysterical. Especially when Mickey called us one morning 11 times!!:lmao:

No more view of the bridge from the gym. They put a floor over the bridge and now there are treadmills and ellipitical machines, but it does have a nice view of the bow of the Magic and the ocean.

In cat. 12, 11 & 10 rooms turn the tv to the basketball court view so that it lights up the room in the morning.

Pocono

The more sharpies you put in, the prettier it will be. I gave them about 7 or 8 from a big pack with colors like aqua, orange, etc. They will even personalize it with your child's name if you request it. (Not that it's a big deal, but I didn't get the pens back)

This is who signed:
Mickey, Minnie,, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Genie, Aladdin, Chip/Dale,Max,Lilo/Stitch,Pinocchio,Snow White, Cinderella, Fairy godmother, Dopey, Mulan, Pochahontas, Wendy Darling, belle, Princess Aurora, Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Terk, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Alice, White Rabbit
Suzy and Perla

So you see, you get a lot more characters than you actually see on the ship. I imagine the White Rabbit, et al are behind the scenes doing laundry or something :lmao:

By the way, I haven't washed the pillowcases yet. Has anyone done so. Should I rinse it in something special to set the ink? I was worried about it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter