Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.

misseulalie

DIS Veteran
This has been posted before, but what fun things can you do that DCL doesn't tell you about? We are going to be on the ship for 25 Days and want to utilize all the little "secrets" DCL doesn't tell you about.. Here's what I came up with:

1. Pillow cases with signatures
2. Ordering cookies and milk from room service before bed.

What else????:banana:

We always order coffee the last thing before bedtime on the last night of the cruise so we have coffee in the stateroom the next morning (when you can't order room service). It stays warm in the insulated carafe.

25 DAYS?? You must be sooo excited! You'll know all the secrets by the time you come back home:yay:

What is the pillowcase signature thing about? :) Thanks!
Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!

Apparently we can Topsiders (is it Beach Blanket on Wonder?) for breakfast buffet option on disembarkation morning. :cheer2:

ariesmom, that was one I didn't know either, until I read it on this board. We've been on two DCL cruises and no one every told us. You can bet we will be there this year for breakfast.

I think that one thing I found out when I made my reservation in August was something new. I asked about requesting the time for the rotation for dinner and the lady said no problem. She then asked what size table I would like to request. Of course it's just a request. But we really want to eat at the latest rotation(8:30), so I gave it a shot.

Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!

How neat!! Nice honeymoon souvenir for us! :-)

You can also take a matte for a frame to guest services. We did on the first night and they returned it to our stateroom on the last night signed by all the characters on the ship. I bought an 11"x14" matte with an 8"x10" opening. I put a picture of me with Mickey & Minnie in it. It looks so nice with all the signatures around the picture and then framed.:yay:

What don't they tell you?

About all of us :rotfl2:

There are wines available that are not on the "wine package" or "deluxe wine package".

If you are in a cat.1-3, they bring you a tray of treats everynight.

The back stairs out of Topsiders can get you aft to deck 8 (deck 7 and 6, too?) - great for securing last minute cookies :rolleyes1

Deck 4 loungers are a fantastic place to watch people exercising for you or take a nap.

You can meet some of your best friends cruising with DIS board mates. :banana:

(but shhhhh, don't tell!)

Question - when you get the picture matt signed, is it for a 8x10 picture or a 10x8 picture -- i.e. which way do the majority of the pictures fit. Boy, I hope this question makes sense.

I love the matte idea for signatures!

1.Ask at guest services (only on the Magic I think) for the self guided art tour booklet.

2.Buy the Passporter Treasure Hunt book. I don't have i tyet and it is mostly for WDW but is supposed to have hunts for the ships as well.

3. Challenge the kids to an ABC photo shoot (they must find somewhere for every letter of the alphabet to have their picture taken--A is for Animator's, etc.). Makes for a great scrapbook when you get home.

4. Tour the hallways to check out everyone's door decorations. Take a pad of sticky notes to leave messages for doors you really like.

Missaulalie, maybe we can do some of these together on the first 14 days:)

That pillowcase thing is a great idea!!!:idea: If I did this, it would save me time the last night. I would have to try and run around to all the characters we missed and get signatures!!!:woohoo:

Tell me more!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Question - when you get the picture matt signed, is it for a 8x10 picture or a 10x8 picture -- i.e. which way do the majority of the pictures fit. Boy, I hope this question makes sense.
You can always size it down to a smaller picture with inlays and framing but it is a good size for room to be signed.

That matte idea is awesome!! Does any one have any packing suggestions for it? Did you put it in a carry-on or in a suit case?

That matte idea is awesome!! Does any one have any packing suggestions for it? Did you put it in a carry-on or in a suit case?

I was wondering the same thing. I would love to do that for a group photo, but how can you transport it without it getting ruined? I did tell DD about the pillowcase and now she can't wait to try it. Keep the tips coming, I know I'll try as many as I can on our 4-day May trip.

I bought a picture mailing envelope (okay, so I don't know the technical name for it :confused3 ). But I bought it at Walmart or Kmart and of course you could find one at the post office. It has cardboard in the sides and it's padded. Then I just put it in between some flatly (is that a word?) folded clothes in my suitcase. Worked fine. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter