Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the photo I saw recently of this/a horse being startled, I am not sure I would continue with this. The horse could get spooked again and dismount the rider. I am sure this horse is well trained and has a generally calm demeanor, but it only takes one unfortunate accident to make a PR disaster. Of course you could have the rider wear a helmet, but that probably takes too much away from the character in this setting.

Well, there was another post that said they now have the balloon vendor leave the area when the horse comes by, and they've taken the weights off the ends of the balloons. I imagine that they now also tell the handlers to keep a sharp eye on any balloons that are around when the horse goes by.

Well, there was another post that said they now have the balloon vendor leave the area when the horse comes by, and they've taken the weights off the ends of the balloons. I imagine that they now also tell the handlers to keep a sharp eye on any balloons that are around when the horse goes by.

I don't want to belabor the point, but have to question if it is worth the risk for the next "non-balloon related" startle. I know I wouldn't approve this if it came to my desk. Anyway, I hope my risk evaluation never comes to fruition.

It stemmed from the DisUnplugged show today. Pete said Primeval Whirl/Rivers of Light were probably closures due to covid, but not necessarily safety related closures - more likely they were money related closures. Convenient reason/timing to get rid of some of their more difficult (due to maintenance, lack of interest, expensive to operate, etc.) attractions and offerings.

Pete said he's expecting to see more attraction cuts along with an increase in food and merch prices as Disney tries to trim costs to make up as much ground (money) as possible. Things that they wouldn't have been as concerned about in a bumper year are now potentially things they'll cut (permanently or temporarily) as they try to recover from covid impacts. Pete did mention CoP specifically, saying he wouldn't be surprised if that is one they cut.
Thank you for explaining. I was wondering why we were talking about CoP closing. Last week we were at MK three different days and each time we walked by CoP there were quite a few people waiting to ride/watch.

Thank you for explaining. I was wondering why we were talking about CoP closing. Last week we were at MK three different days and each time we walked by CoP there were quite a few people waiting to ride/watch.
Nooooooo! I’m just coming into this discussion. I would be devastated if CoP closed.

Apparently Jose was very shaky earlier in the day, there's video from that time period when the animatronic was lurching around and looking very unsteady. The ride was closed earlier but now it's reopened so I guess they fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter